Re: Lag & disconnects since 01.22.

If you are having issues with Global Crossing, you can also check (to some extent) the ping times router to router, and router to host.

http://www.globalcrossing.com/network/n … glass.aspx

Yeah. I forgot to check on the perp data packet size.

Is there a max data packet size Zoom, so we can set the ping byte sizes to get a more accurate result?

Arga wrote:

RG_ not all equipment will answer ICMP:Echo requests, even if they are alive and online. ICMP:Traceroute is a different code. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_ … e_Protocol

If you can ping the IP address AFTER that one, it means the packets are going through the unpingable device just fine.

Glimpse, This happens to me on the west coast 9pm-12 PST, but I had a dream I was fired last night, so maybe I'll get to play during the day too smile

Ahh, you're about to get a promotion... according to Ms. Cleo at least...

I haven't had trouble, ever, from 6pm-2am US CST -- but consistently have trouble during the day.

There could certainly be a relationship to the number of players online, previous to the expansion, the 9-12PST time zone had 50-100 accounts online and sometimes there may have been only a few accounts on the whole island, during period that I didn't have any issues at all either. I noticed on the weekends, during the day, the online pop was much higher, and I did have some lag. If there is a corallation to online accounts, then its back in the dev's court.

Woo Hoo, I'm going to celebrate my upcoming promotion by buying beer cookies!

Arga wrote:

Yeah. I forgot to check on the perp data packet size.

Is there a max data packet size Zoom, so we can set the ping byte sizes to get a more accurate result?

Not a max one but I can give you an average tomorrow.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Perfect, Friday's I do even less work anyway... well, technically that's not possible, but it feels like doing less smile

When i say disconnects i'm talking about 38 last night in maybe four hours alone. tonight, in 3 hours I have had 20. This is not to mention the disconnects while attempting to connect.

83 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-05-13 06:12:40)

RG_StORmTrAin wrote:

When i say disconnects i'm talking about 38 last night in maybe four hours alone. tonight, in 3 hours I have had 20. This is not to mention the disconnects while attempting to connect.

Where do you live? Make sure their aren't rats chewing on your internet cables.

Haven't thought of that Glimpse,..wonder why? Thanks.

hahahahahahaha.
hahahahahaha.
hahahahaha.
hahahaha.
hahaha.
haha.
ha.
h.

I had some problems with DC's last night as well. Both my accounts dropped and had issues getting back in and keeping logged in. This was actually around the time that a friendly observer was parading by an alpha terminal. I was lucky enough to dock before he popped me, I made it in with about 15% armor. I thought I died though because I dc'd before the terminal loaded, but when I actually managed to get back in to the game I was docked. I noticed that I was only DC'ing when I was in combat. When I was out of combat, for whatever reason, I had no latency or connection issues. The character that was in combat had a latency of over 1000, while my non-combat char was at my usual 200-ish ping. But the disconnects were equal amongst both accounts.  It was an isolated incident within Perpetuum too, as my gf was gaming on her pc with no net troubles.

Getting disconnects and lag now too.  This wasn't present last week.

Getting disconnects and lag now too.  This wasn't present last week.