1 (edited by Legedric Warstrike 2011-04-17 18:36:42)

Topic: Perpetuum's world is about to change...

[17:17:10] <Celebro> Dev calvin any more small patches before new islands?
[17:21:17] <DEV Calvin> can't say for sure
[17:22:38] <HeavyMetal> Any Idea how much longer till the NEW Islands??
[17:23:47] <Intruder> to damn long
[17:23:48] <Celebro> i think its coming in around 2 weeks
[17:30:56] <DEV Calvin> the date is 27th April

So let's wait and see what (hopefully) happens in about 10 days from now smile

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Re: Perpetuum's world is about to change...

I'd say don't plan on it being that day precisely, it may be a few days later.

I would bet it won't be on that day but at least we now know it won't last that long until we see the new islands, even if the patch will be released in may smile

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

4 (edited by Arachnix 2011-04-17 22:02:39)

Legedric Warstrike wrote:

I would bet it won't be on that day but at least we now know it won't last that long until we see the new islands, even if the patch will be released in may smile

Imo 7 days is to long to wait for a change that is not sure making the situation better and the islands are more then 7 days away, so for me its a pain. if it dont bring more players to the game, people is going to get bored. i know becouse i am.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Arachnix wrote:
Legedric Warstrike wrote:

Imo 7 days is to long to wait for a change that is not sure making the situation better and the islands are more then 7 days away, so for me its a pain. if it dont bring more players to the game, people is going to get bored. i know becouse i am.

Yeah, the main issue for me at the moment is the low population. We need something in the game that will both attract and keep new players because the boredom is growing for each day.

Former CEO of X-23

Arachnix wrote:

Zorac wrote:

Yeah, the main issue for me at the moment is the low population. We need something in the game that will both attract and keep new players because the boredom is growing for each day.

Ive got some great ideas (easy to implement) to unbore this game and get people back wink :

Buff mined amount, unnerf alpha (to get PvE guys back), unnerf plants, make everything cheaper by 1/3, nerf kain, buff ictus, fix assignments (money, rewards), add harder assignments, fix squad assignments, fix intrusion dates

don't expect any 1 thing, even more Islands, to magically generate more players. Sure, a few players are waiting in the wings for new land, but its going to be the small changes added up over the next few months that are going to get new players and old ones to keep playing.

Just saying so no ones gets too dissappointed after a small population burst and fall back after the patch.

As I mentioned before, at this time Perp is a hobby game, but as it progresses it will become more streamlined and appeal to a greater audience.

Did I mention summer is coming too, always a slow time for mmo's, come September in the northern hemisphere, if there's no improvement, then we can start getting worried.

Its not that easy Arga. Almost Everyone is bored and about to leave.
Many did it already and more are about to..

Atm the grind(mine/farm) : fun ratio is 4:1. You spend 4 hours doing boring things for one hour of fun. Devs have to do the rights things to get this game out of the woods.
Waiting five months doesnt fix anything.

Gordon Gekko wrote:

Atm the grind(mine/farm) : fun ratio is 4:1.

Why grind/farm? Play with friends go raid. We had a tournament today and it was awesome fun! 2v2 teams.

Take the game slowly instead of grind grind all the time. Play something else once in awhile. There are some fun player events to try out if you haven't.

Devs feeding us some content is ok, but future generations are getting to the point where we need SWOTR and RIFT To feel like we have something to consume. It's just not the right way. We should be making the content with the tools the devs give us.

Im not asking for more content. All im asking for is that they fix what is in place.
And i think new Islands wont make this game more exciting. Im waiting for them, like everyone else does. But Seriously: whats different if we get some more islands?

Everything will remain constant except the location of some events.

Mining empty fields / driving hours across the island pisses PvE guys off
Market will be broken (got better since plasma-patch but still)
Plants grow too slow
Everything remains expensive
Kain will be the No. 1 roaming mech
Transport assignments are still the best way to make money
Squad assignments are still a one-man-show
Intrusion dates will be exploited

Yea i keep missing your events for some reason >.< Maybe next weekend... smile

try em, they make the game better as opposed to the constant own territory etc gameplay

I agree with alot of things you've said Gordon, and I've been saying them for awhile now. I've seen alot of people saying they want to have something to fight for, that they want the DEVs to give them the reason to fight... Well, I agree, but not in the same sense. Most of us players already have reasons to want to fight. I very much enjoy blowing up M2S's bots, and they've designed it that way, or at least that's the reason they give for acting like snotty little brats all the time. I've got a reason to fight with CIR and the rest of the Dom crew, and although until recently it's been pretty respectful. Players egos and the smack talk gives us more then enough reason to fight.

What players want is a reason to risk their 4 hours worth of work for 1 hour worth of fun (or not so much fun for some people when they die and get beat all the time tongue ).

The solution is what Gordon said, put mining back to prenerf. I don't claim to know alot about the economy. I don't find that fun personally, and I have no idea what that would do to the economy such as it is. If you want to not have so much nic in the game, simply add more real sinks, such as paint jobs for your bot, and allowing corp owners to change the MOTD of their outposts. Hell, maybe the excess of minerals on the market will inspire people to make things for sale.

Hobby game or not, I want to have some fun doing it. Alot of people started leaving the game after that nerf. M2S's entire alliance has merged into one corp, and not even the largest corp in the game. Almost every corp in the game had a mass exodus, to the extent that many of them cease to exist in any capacity. It started after the mineral nerf.

New Islands will help. For a time. But like Agra said, people will come back to see what's changed, and when they find that nothing's changed, there's just more of the same in larger quantities they'll be right back out the door.

Unnerf the minerals. It should take longer to clear out a square before moving on to the next target. I get 3-5 cycles from most of the little yellow bars. I'd like to see more 25+ squares. And, I don't want to hear anything about "Move to beta, there's plenty of fields like that to mine".

I've discussed the mining nerf before, there was a chain reaction that lead to the industry exodus, and mining change was just part of it. I say this only because reverting the mineral content isn't going to get industry players, the carebear contingent, back into the game. The rest of the game needs to be healthy also to support the return of all players, and that is something that is just going to take time and effort on the part of the pioneering player base.

We are already seeing the trials bringing in new players, and sure some of the existing base will leave, but there is no silver bullet, no 'finger snap' that's going to change the game in one patch.

I'm mostly pleased that after the Islands are done, the devs can then concentrate on improving and adding to the PVP 'end game', as well as all the little things we have been suggesting to add flavor and depth to the game (like bot horns smile )

A player that is checking the server everyday hoping for something new, is bound to give up. The player that is finding new things to do in game is the one that's here to stay.

Arga wrote:

I'm mostly pleased that after the Islands are done, the devs can then concentrate on improving and adding to the PVP 'end game', as well as all the little things we have been suggesting to add flavor and depth to the game (like bot horns smile )

That's exactly what I am hoping for!

Once they finished working on the new islands they are able to concentrate on other things like the motivation of new players during the first hours of gameplay etc.

I agree many things. But i think more island > more place where we fighting, new corps have a change do pvp, sometimes I feel now islands is small, because 20 man can check and protect it. BUT I scare to 1-2 terminals on new Islands i think is less. So  I think the new islands will be stayed new players and will growing a playerbase.

Sorry my bad English.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Sadly I'm not so convinced about PO living through it's first year. I've been keeping an eye on the "players online" feed graph and it's dropping steadily albeit slowly.

A month after release weekdays could easily peak at 300+ online, with sunday peaks at 400+. Two months in and weekday peaks were down to ~260 with sundays peaking at 360.
Now... weekdays peak at barely over 200 and sundays making it just barely over 300

This is active players, no idea how many active accounts there is actually. The concept in PO is good, but I just don't know... It's missing the SOMETHING that makes ppl renewing their subs and continue playing. Even I don't play every day anymore, just doesn't feel like that there's something to do besides gathering EP and waiting for a new patch.

Regarding user peaks:
In my opinion you should consider that many active players are operating 2 or even more accounts... so if you ask me the peaks are not around  200 on weekdays but propably around 130-150 counting players as human beings.

Arga wrote:

I've discussed the mining nerf before, there was a chain reaction that lead to the industry exodus, and mining change was just part of it. I say this only because reverting the mineral content isn't going to get industry players, the carebear contingent, back into the game. The rest of the game needs to be healthy also to support the return of all players, and that is something that is just going to take time and effort on the part of the pioneering player base.

We are already seeing the trials bringing in new players, and sure some of the existing base will leave, but there is no silver bullet, no 'finger snap' that's going to change the game in one patch.

Exactly, that train has left several weeks ago.
But even new carebears quit because its no fun for them and new islands wont change that.
Fix the gameplay, fix the work/fun ratio!

Any buff to Alpha/Beta mining will result in:

a) Absurd power increase for the Beta-corps, Alpha corps just don't have the means or the manpower to deploy 10-20 rivelers with nexus buffs to drain entire fields of Beta-resources. Currently the "block" that prevents Beta corps from producing out of their *** are the low epriton spawns.
b) Rise of "pirate" corporations, which again won't be able to compete with the Beta corps and will be forced to either merge into a giant mega-corp, or align with some of the Beta alliances.
c) Return of "AFK Mining" - at the end of the day, if the fun factor that's driving people out of the game is the lack of AFK mining; then it's a more relevant question why is AFK mining more FUN to do then anything else in the game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Any buff to Alpha/Beta mining will result in:

a) Absurd power increase for the Beta-corps, Alpha corps just don't have the means or the manpower to deploy 10-20 rivelers with nexus buffs to drain entire fields of Beta-resources. Currently the "block" that prevents Beta corps from producing out of their *** are the low epriton spawns.
b) Rise of "pirate" corporations, which again won't be able to compete with the Beta corps and will be forced to either merge into a giant mega-corp, or align with some of the Beta alliances.
c) Return of "AFK Mining" - at the end of the day, if the fun factor that's driving people out of the game is the lack of AFK mining; then it's a more relevant question why is AFK mining more FUN to do then anything else in the game.

oh god I agree with Syndic :skyisfalling:

at the end of the day the epriton to beta only move was done to make beta worthwhile to live in. It is. The nerf to refining of epriton mods needs fixing back to how it was, your starving those poor new folks into submission.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Well the new patch will keep us bussy for 2 weeks... then what ?.. i do not think the time and effort i put in this game is enought anymore, i am online everyday atleast a few hours, it keeps me from doing stupid stuf... the problem today is.. Every single thing take so frikking long time to get the results. if i lose a Heavy mech? -well son you gotta wait 7 days ... well okay.. what do i do then.. Kain ? - Oh no the Kains is all out.. - YAY FUN! burn in hell..
then i logg my miner account minesome or for 8 hours ? Ofc i do.. becouse there is nothing fun left to do... I could go Artifact scanning > find observers .. stop! -Gotta wait 4 more days before you have have a bot to kill it... Oh well back to mining.. Mine for 4 hours.. -Oh Snap! the ore is all out here.. well a 2 hour boring scaning trip to have even more boring mining the stuf. i just love this smile , This game is made to play in corporations, sure i get that. but when there is noone online in your corporations.. well the most of us know how that feels.. i mostly just BS in General = Nothing happends anyway, Im bored.

My Questions is: Will the mining ever be good again? will we see the rise of playerbase in a soon future? When or will the POS be coming out? and will my lovley Epriton ever be a liquid again?

Needed BIG TIME:  i know for a fact that i wanna get some action in this game.. Lock the Outposts to the Corporation that owns it can enter.. that makes it ALOT more fun. that means only 3 Corporations have a chanse to create an "alliance" to defend a single island, and thay have to defend it or thay cant get to there stuf :> . that whould be the ultimate wakup call for the people changing to other games. the ultimatum: If you wanna stay in the corp, you show up smile if not work or ofc family. And that makes people maybe accept the Alarmclock intrutions. your doing it so that you can continue play the game for 3 days!

Another thing iv bin thinking of alot sens the mining nerf.. why dont make Strong/weak time cycles?  like.. Alot of ore for 2 weeks Red tiles on alpha i mean *** load of it.. and then a Ore dry for 2 weeks.. like ? i think it gives more planing, spending more time accualy planing for the corporations future and not so much time calculating the weard math of Recharger nexuses etc. that will give all corps a Mining cycle for 2 weeks and a Pve cycle for 2 weeks and that is what i think whould be awsome becouse if we have double limit on ore ( i hate carebears ) we cant mine that much for 2/4 weeks a month big_smile and by saying: double limit on ore, i mean ofc that alpha dont have as much as beta islands. But i think beta islands shall be hit harder by the Low ore cycles then alpha. to make it more exciting big_smile

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Please dont turn this into "we need more features and content" or "need to force people to do whatever".

AFK Mining is not FUN but its not BORING either. And someone has to mine!
Doesnt matter if its the alpha-indy, your corp mate or $random_chinese_farmer.
Someone has to get this ores out of the earth to build something.

The "nerf alpha to nerf beta"-thing worked. Almost all corps are starving and carebears are pissed. I dont see a problem with strong beta corps. I want competition, awesome PvP and a Market that kicks *** rather then t4 mk2s slaying t1 bots and miners that quit because they are bored.

Btw: ill quit the day this game forces me to get up at 5am just because a enemy signed up for a intrusion that would lock me out of my outpost.
Been there dont that. Im not willing dedicate my life to PO.

Gordon Gekko wrote:

Atm the grind(mine/farm) : fun ratio is 4:1. You spend 4 hours doing boring things for one hour of fun. Devs have to do the rights things to get this game out of the woods.
Waiting five months doesnt fix anything.

Absolutely true.  This combat guy who was my first account and has been in game since February has 6 days played .. My first Indy guy who joined at couple weeks later at like the beginning of March has 16 days played, not sure about the 2nd one but I'm sure it's more than combat.

This has solely been to make money/grind for production ore.  The ratio of grind to pvp is *bad* and very discouraging even with 2 accounts dedicated to supporting the first.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

Absolutely true.  This combat guy who was my first account and has been in game since February has 6 days played .. My first Indy guy who joined at couple weeks later at like the beginning of March has 16 days played, not sure about the 2nd one but I'm sure it's more than combat.

Exactly what im talking about.

Gordon Gekko wrote:

Buff mined amount, unnerf alpha (to get PvE guys back), unnerf plants, make everything cheaper by 1/3, fix assignments (money, rewards), add harder assignments

Fix those things and the game population will rise again. And maybe some older player will return.

25 (edited by Arachnix 2011-04-18 14:44:40)

Gordon Gekko wrote:

Btw: ill quit the day this game forces me to get up at 5am just because a enemy signed up for a intrusion that would lock me out of my outpost.
Been there dont that. Im not willing dedicate my life to PO.

Well thats your problem, not mine if your not willing to do that, in my eyes evey one have to make sacrifices at least sometimes. it makes the game more fun and gives Op's a great value. and it makes the corporation see whos just leaching and who is serius to make progress.
Edit: It's people like you that dont wanna go up to do the $hit work that make players like me wanna quit the game. If it's a hobby for you sure... do your thing, but im not supporting it.