Topic: Linux crash on map window

The map window is pretty much entirely unusable on the client running in linux (via crossover trial app that the perpetuum site recommended on Ubuntu 10.10, gnome desktop, nVidia GTS 250 with proprietary driver package installed) 

Sometimes I can bring the map up for a few seconds before the crash, other times it crashes on loading the window.  happens in terminal or in world, whether I have any other windows open or not.

Any recommendations, would deleting the gbf file work here?

Re: Linux crash on map window

Slight bump/update.  Got windows going on the same hardware, issue is gone.  Tried dropping all graphics settings to minimum except resolution (screen is native 1920x1080) and the problem greatly diminished (although it did still happen from time to time while panning/zooming the map, or the assignment map or the radar map)

Going to try reinstalling the client in regular wine instead of crossover when I get linux back on the system.

i've seen a lot of client crashes but none have ever involved any of the maps.  that's odd.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Bump.  On a new install of linux (ubuntu 10.10 amd64) using Crossover full version and still having this issue.

Can I please get some level of dev/tech-support input on this?

I don't have this issue

Linux 2.6.39-rc3-git
xorg-server 1.10.1-git
ATI Radeon HD4870 /w Gallium 0.4 git
Wine 1.3.17

6 (edited by TalonzX 2011-04-24 08:47:51)

i've come accross this bug also. both my industrial accounts cannot open their maps and crash every time i have to scan  dont seem to be effecting my pvp toon so much but i dont open up my map nearly as much as i do on the indy toons.  the quick fix i guess is to copy a fresh copy of perpetuum over every time the map starts playing up not elegant but will do till it either fixes itself in a future update or someone smarter then me finds a real solution ;p

Linux 2.6.38-pae
X.Org X Server 1.10.1
Nvidia 270.41.06
wine-1.3.18

edit: copying over fresh perpetuum installs does not work sad

edit2: the output from wine i get when it crashes is ...

XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X
server ":0.0"
      after 7823 requests (7823 known processed) with 0 events
remaining.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … nmap-bugs/

might be the same problem these guys have/had