Topic: Mech restrictions?

Hello fellow players.

I got quite a simple question actually and that'd be: are we trialers restricted from access to the usual beginner-mech?

The story:
I skipped the tutorial-part of the game because I am familiar with mech-games as well as mmorpgs.
I went straight ahead into a terminal and accepted one of the available tutorial missions. (Yes, I was kind of confused as I had just skipped tutorial mode. Anyway, they offered money.)
Finished that one and every other tutorial mission that was available, then took on first rookie missions. They were doable but they bugged me in some way. And by help-chat I got aware that my mech should be of colour blue, yellow or green by now. But my Arkhe is still red. In chat they told me "Don't worry. After the tutorials you'll have a new mech in your private storage". But I never got a new mech.
Now I wonder, did I do wrong by skipping the tutorial (NOT MISSIONS) or are trialers generally denied that real beginner-mech?

Also, a note to the devs: If this case shows counter-intuitive aspects you may want to think about working on the mission terminal. Someone who is not in tutorial mode should not be able to accept tutorial missions.

Re: Mech restrictions?

There have been modifications to the tutorial system since I did it but as far as I know, all players, including those on trial, who complete the tutorial, receive some robots.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

You should at least own an Arkhe MK2 and a light robot (for example "Castel" for Truhold-Markson) if you completed all 10 Tutorial Assignments.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Like I said, I completely skipped the "usual" tutorial part and went straight to a terminal.
TM is my coorp.
The terminal offered me 2 or 3 tutorial missions and from then on it was rookie mission X.
I did complete the tut missions from the terminal and later I tried to re-do the "normal" tutorial but there is a stage in which it is necessary to access the terminal for further instruction and I had already finished that mission. The game didn't crash or anything but it was a dead end.

Are you sure that you didn’t get to a tutorial mission that requires you to do deliver/pickup something on one of the other islands? You might have missed some or other instruction in the hurry.

In any case it’s possible to reset the tutorial in the options menu. Try that perhaps.

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

What usually happens is you get to the delivery part of the mission and then miss picking up the next one at the place you delivered to (yep i did that as well)

I might do that.

The 2 or 3 tut-missions that I got from the terminal were finished. I can't recall what objectives there were but they were met. I am 100% sure of this. The On-Screen-Message was displayed and I also checked in my Goals every time.

Since you guys are probably not "on trial" I may wait for an official statement.

You get the Arkhe Mk2 and the light robot in the 10-part tutorial missionline that shows up in the assignments list in a cyan color. It's completely separate from the initial movement/combat/mining tutorials.

Check Training level Assignments. After you do 10 or so of them, you will be rewarded a light bot.

I not feel any elaboration is necessary, the reason you being a very smart individual.

DEV Calvin

But anyway, thank you very much for your time.
Forgot to mention this.
The game seems to have a great community.

Good to have a dev here smile.

Zoom,
I did not check it yet but I tried yesterday to "re-locate" with the usual tutorial.
At step 3 or so, like combat tutorial, I am asked to enter a terminal to get further info on a mission.
Problem is, I already finished all available tut missions from the terminal.
So, I cannot complete the regular tutorial in 10 steps or whatsoever?

Again, the 10-part tutorial should show up in your assignment list in a cyan color, regardless whether you did the initial movement/combat tutorials or not.

It's called Truhold-Markson tutorial assignment / File #1 and has a Training level. Set your level filter to "all" if you don't have it like that. You can only do this 10-part assignment line once on every character, but if you didn't get the light robot yet (Castel for you) then you probably haven't done it yet.

Truhold-Markson tutorial assignment / File #3-b (It sounds like the assignment you stopped at) is available from another terminal on another island. You have to travel there and accept it and then take a unit of cargo back to Truhold-Markson Alpha terminal.

The Game

Again, thank you very much for your inconvenience smile.
Yes, Alexander, that is exactly the one I stopped at. Found it out after Zoom's directions.
I travelled to New Birmingham instead of going on with the tut missions because I found a route for a mission there to be very short->effective.

Maybe you devs want to add the fact to the tut mission texts that there is a reward in the form of a new robot for completing all tut missions. If it is already there, my bad. Then I was too much in a hurry and hungry for the world smile.