Re: Sniper cannons, Flamethrowers, Chainsaws

Sniping and stuns (Demob) both fall into that PVP category of awesome if I'm using it, and overpowered (frustrating) when it gets used on me.

We don't reallly need a special weapon, I'm having good luck fitting my Artemis with sniping lasers, and I would suspect that Me x 5 on a hill top would be deadly for any small group.

What about an AoE weapon with slight demobish effect and interference would affect the damage, so big blobs will receive more damage. Weapon would require Medium Chassis misc slot, I'm not sure if a small version of this could be easily balanced, limitation one per bot,  and maybe a couple of extension related to how many targets can be affected by this weapon and about the size of AoE.

I hate stationhuggers and arkhebears.
M2S - Considerably more braincells than Trantor.

Spam

it shouldn't be just usual laser/magnetic/rocket launcher with raised range and all. introduce new weapon classes, with new skins, etc.

Have a productive day, Runner

I agree, PO is sitting on a creative gold mine.  The ship-to-ship weapons of SciFi and the Melee/"current" military weapons of shooters.

Tell me that you didn't at least kinda like Optimus Prime (as silly a movie as it was) as he whipped out his glowing metal sword thingy.

Yay artillery! Yay snipers! yay flamethrowers!  Only mountable in industry slots! Miners and harvesters to the front line!!!

Army of Devast-Arganos ^^

dont say it to loud... i see an army of (drunk) mk2 argano/lairds celebrating their victory against some stray miner and solo-farmer on a global holiday like christmas...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

oh, sniper-mining modules! you will just mine some epri sitting on teleport on other side of island! big_smile

33 (edited by Elixer 2011-03-30 22:59:43)

I like the idea of a sniper firearm weapon .   Imagine if you will say 500% damage base , but ammo of 1.  It would rely on your reload extension for faster firing. Perhaps using special ammo for it. 
Or a weapon with Optimal range 100 but falloff 700.
We can throw ideas at the DEV's but ultimately they need to read these and then if they CHOOSE , implement them.

LoS though is tough call for most long range fights. Terrain can be a ***

LOS ... smart bullets

Devs reads all of our drivel, must drive them crazy most of the time smile

They have also been much better lately about telling us what is coming up, so if we see 'New Weapons' is on the agenda, then threads like this will get more attention. For now though, Islands and candy smile

sniper cannons can have arc LOS btv. not like a rocket one but still