Topic: Proposal for teleport mechanics

This proposal deals with the issue that it is too easy for beta island defenders to track and respond to enemies jumping onto the island. The current mechanics favor blobs too much.

Currently when you teleport you end up in a small radius in a random spot around the station. Since it's very easy for one person to cover this area you are immediately spotted and disposed of, unless you blob up.

I propose that the radius in which you are deployed around the station is massivelly increased, let's say 3km to start. Along with this one should be able to pick on the map where one wants to be deployed. If you are in a squad the SL can mark a spot on the map for group deployment.

This will open up all kinds of gameplay and make it a lot more possible for the little guys to have some fun too.

Skills and modules could be introduced also to increase the radius. Signal maskers could be made useful...

What do you think?

Re: Proposal for teleport mechanics

How far is it from the teleport to the beta outposts? Seems like being able to choose a spot 3k closer to the outpost would make running missions a little too easy.

Aside from that, one of the reasons you land within the teleport range is so you can port back out without moving.

It doesn't have to be 3k, whatever works really. The point is to introduce a random element so it's possible to sneak in. Also if you just want to have a look and run right back you can choose to deploy close to the station just as it is now.

As for the missions I'm not sure if it's a problem but that can easily be fixed by lowering rewards a bit.

The dynamic is going to change with the additional land being added. if the ability to get on and off betas doesn't change, then its worth revisiting.

more landmass but same teleporters = you need more scouts on the safe side which will make it hard. look at the new teleportgrid layout and you will see that some teleports will just act as middle stations. the scouts will trigger many false alarms.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

more landmass but same teleporters = you need more scouts on the safe side which will make it hard. look at the new teleportgrid layout and you will see that some teleports will just act as middle stations. the scouts will trigger many false alarms.

This is of course completely true and very welcome. I am aware of the new layout but still think that with this change on top it would be even better. It would just make for some very nice tactics and positioning would become much more crucial if you want to succesfully camp a station.

Ok now that we have the new islands and it it's still too easy to completely lock down a beta island with 4 scouts, what about revisiting this?

For my corp it's not a problem if it stays like it is but in order to make it possible for small gangs to be able to do something without being spotted immediately something like my proposal should be implemented.

Thoughts? Still lame idea? smile

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Predator Nova wrote:

Ok now that we have the new islands and it it's still too easy to completely lock down a beta island with 4 scouts, what about revisiting this?

For my corp it's not a problem if it stays like it is but in order to make it possible for small gangs to be able to do something without being spotted immediately something like my proposal should be implemented.

Thoughts? Still lame idea? smile

2 words: Stealth Assaults.

Your island isn't nearly as locked down as you think it is wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

2 words: Stealth Assaults.
Your island isn't nearly as locked down as you think it is wink

Can we keep the fun jabs out of this please? I am aware of stealth assaults and am sure some clever people have figured out how to use them, kudos to you.

And if it's not locked down when there is actually stuff worth killing active on there, please provide me with some sort of epic proof that stealth assaults are enough and my idea does not need implementing tongue

I have no agenda here just trying to make the game a bit more unpredictable smile

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Scouts on TP's can no longer lock down an Island. If you put them on the alpha side, my Baphomet with T1 masker, visible radar range 320m, will disappear on the other side and you'll spend a long time looking for me.

If you put an assualt on the beta side, your going to have to be really close to the TP even with a booster to see me when I pop through, and the 'location' is random, so there's a good chance I pop in off your radar anyway or if we see eash other, its assault vs. assault which is a fair fight at least.

That's assuming your scouts are actively watching 24/7 too, because it only takes a few seconds to get out of your boosted range.

And that's just a solo assault; if it was a 6 assault roam nothing but a group of mechs could stop us from entering your island and being very very hard to spot.

By myself I am able to cover all 4 of our teleporters and I'm not the only one who does that on our island. Generally speaking it's easy for us as well as others I'm sure to have a scout arkhe or light bot sitting on beta side of all our tele's that connect to other islands. Provided the scout is paying attention (ie having sound on so you hear people jump in) you are going to have a hard time sneaking onto the island. Due to the multiple teleporters connecting to each other now I keep the scouts on beta side, yes it reduces the warning time till enemy jump in but they still get scouted coming on to the island. The only way you arn't getting spotted is if scouts arn't deployed or scouts arn't paying attention. There is no real ninja way onto the island.

With an increased radius as to where you teleport into well it would be a double edged feature, on one side yeah you might sneak in or they could have a mech with a detector going. You would likely not make it back to the tele in time to survive, also if jumping in as a group you would be scattered all over the place.

Not sure what would fix this without breaking something else but definately would be nice to have some sort of ninja route onto an island but one that is costly or limiting in it's effectiveness. Other wise people just won't use the regular teleports.