Re: the market is dead?

The new islands could fix some of it if there it includes a mega-corp sized nic sink, and an ongoing sink. The outposts are nic sources, so I doubt that the islands are going to help.

Gremrod wrote:

Yes you hit some of the key points in your post. The biggest problem is the fact that beta island corps / alliances don't need the market because they can produce everything themselves.

Could the new islands change this? Maybe... maybe not.

theres no factional barrier that prevents you from getting that stuff from alpha yourself -
also all materials are on beta island in bigger deposits as on alpha - while you can produce everything on beta, you cant produce *** on alpha that cant be farmed by shooting a few beta npcs (famous quote: no risk no fun...)

everytime a new component is added, its spread among all items highest tier. You always need every ore for everything essential.

which makes it impossible to strip one or two ores from each island completely. As long as a Pelistal Heavy mech needs exactly the same ores as the Thelodica Heavy mech, you can't remove any ore from those islands. Doing so would create a MUST HAVE market which is causing depression within the small playerbase.

they need to rebalance the componentlist and ores - A missile user on a Pelistal/TM island should get all materials there for his basic build (Bot + faction weapon + faction ewar + universal equipment, eg. armor repair, armor plate), but if a Laser user wants to life there, he needs to import major components from a thelodica/asintec island.

this should also incorporate alpha and beta island - something on alpha that you cant get on beta (the oppositte from epriton).

Earlier in this game, the only really working market was epriton sold to alpha industrials, while beta industrials bought the other minerals from alpha.
Its questionable where the NIC came from for those transactions, but thats another topic.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Arga wrote:

The self suffcient beta alliances don't need the market. They also don't have any incentive to over produce and sell to alpha, because they also don't need the NIC.

The alpha bases producers don't have the ct's to create the items in demand, because they don't have access to the kernels tomake prototypes.

The market is dead because the game focused changes have accomplished what they intended, to drive everyonr to beta; and to those that didn't want beta game, they drove away.

Wow
summed up very nicely indeed

problem solved.
I started eve.

Annihilator wrote:

theres no factional barrier that prevents you from getting that stuff from alpha yourself -
also all materials are on beta island in bigger deposits as on alpha - while you can produce everything on beta, you cant produce *** on alpha that cant be farmed by shooting a few beta npcs (famous quote: no risk no fun...)

everytime a new component is added, its spread among all items highest tier. You always need every ore for everything essential.

which makes it impossible to strip one or two ores from each island completely. As long as a Pelistal Heavy mech needs exactly the same ores as the Thelodica Heavy mech, you can't remove any ore from those islands. Doing so would create a MUST HAVE market which is causing depression within the small playerbase.

they need to rebalance the componentlist and ores - A missile user on a Pelistal/TM island should get all materials there for his basic build (Bot + faction weapon + faction ewar + universal equipment, eg. armor repair, armor plate), but if a Laser user wants to life there, he needs to import major components from a thelodica/asintec island.

this should also incorporate alpha and beta island - something on alpha that you cant get on beta (the oppositte from epriton).

Earlier in this game, the only really working market was epriton sold to alpha industrials, while beta industrials bought the other minerals from alpha.
Its questionable where the NIC came from for those transactions, but thats another topic.

Personally I find that the main "issue" for myself and people in my corp is the grind. You have to grind the minerals, you have to grind the kernels, you have to grind missions, you have to grind the std modules... It's all one big grind, with very very little "fun" factor reward.

I honestly think it would be a lot better towards the corps with less time/less active player-base if they could set-up automatic mining facilities on Beta (like in SWG), and it would also provide an additional incentive to PVP there. It should NEVER be better then players doing it themselves, but the possibility should be there for players to invest in an automatic ore income (but still vunerable to PVP) - anything to lessen the grind.

This is something that should probably come in with the Gamma islands, but it could be a case of "too late too little" for many corps out there.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

31 (edited by Arga 2011-03-27 03:09:54)

I was one of those people fading out of the game, part of that was all the issues that have already been highlighted in many places.

What saved the game for me, was the reallization that I can set my own goals. I don't, and shouldn't depend, on the game to tell me when and what to do.

Tiggus just made an excellent post on why large end-game guilds members are losing interest, so i won't repeat that; http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … s-endgame/

What I will add though is for solo players, its all about self motivation, and the realization that we are pioneering a new world, and we need to entertain ourselves for awhile; also that its OK to take some time away from the game, or just log in for a few hours a week to grind some NIC.

Jita says in another post, that things need to change. And that is absolutely the truth, as change is what makes the game interesting.

So, if you are a solo player, or a CEO, what really needs to happen is to not depend on the dev's to feed us new content and game ideas. Mix it up, try new things. Not every move in the game needs to be the most effcient, at least it doesn't at this time, open up to new things.

I commend 62 and all for generating new ideas and player run content.

The game isn't going to die. Sorry for all those doom and gloom people, worst case is development gets stopped, but this is an indy game and as long as the cost of bandwidth and server time is covered, there's no reason to shut if off. Now, we don't want that obviously, and I really don't think we are anywhere near that happening.

That being said, you're not 'wasting' time here in a game that is going to disappear. According to the dev blog, we are only a couple weeks away from 6 new islands, and I'm sure that they have more development in the pipeline too.

My 'we are pioneer' semi-rant is about the game being like a pioneer out in the old US west, it was a hard life, and not everyone survived the harsh 'winters of content desolation' but those that did have towns, streets, and fairs named after them.

Go now if you have to, some of us will be here to welcome you back to a world more vibrant and alive than you could imagine it being.... ok, maybe not vibrant, but alive for sure. wink