Topic: Extention to speed up teh rocketz flying

add plz if possible

Have a productive day, Runner

Re: Extention to speed up teh rocketz flying

what for?

Missile damage is dealt when they hit, the LoS calcultion was done when you fired them.

its a guaranteed but delayed damage -> and thats one of the tactical elements and differences of missiles.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

it's not guaranteed while ppl can dodge the rockets

Line wrote:

You can't dodge a rocket once it's fired. If the rocket was fired with LOS and then they move behind cover the rocket WILL hit them. Also the damage is delayed by what seems to be incorrect when compared with the visual effect. Would be nice is both damage and missile hitting would happen at least in the same second.

The Game

hmmm, a lot of time when i've shoot _with_ LOS ppl were able to hide. however, still dunno how

Increasing rocket speed will increase DPS. This will cause recalculation of whole game ballance: nuimquol and telodica will hit faster || stronger or pelistians will have low rocket speed without your extension, or even both. Anyway, increasing of rocket speed will affect ballance. IMO: not good idea, because this can be hard to reballance all factions.

Alexadar wrote:

Increasing rocket speed will increase DPS. This will cause recalculation of whole game ballance: nuimquol and telodica will hit faster || stronger or pelistians will have low rocket speed without your extension, or even both. Anyway, increasing of rocket speed will affect ballance. IMO: not good idea, because this can be hard to reballance all factions.

Rocket speed IS NOT going to increase DPS, Cycle time of your Launches will DERRRRR!!!!

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

Alexander wrote:
Line wrote:

You can't dodge a rocket once it's fired.

Actually can if you're moving away. I dodged rockets during intrusion on my speed fitted Kain, they just fell down to the ground inflicting no damage.

bigsteve wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Rocket speed IS NOT going to increase DPS, Cycle time of your Launches will DERRRRR!!!!

Im agree. I made mistake

Alexander wrote:

You can't dodge a rocket once it's fired. If the rocket was fired with LOS and then they move behind cover the rocket WILL hit them.

Confirmed, this is absolutelly true atm.

I had a missle bot before I reset account, and it seemed like if the target moved behind something, that the missle would miss if it had to make like a 90 degree turn to get to them.

Maybe there's a calculation, and if the angle of incidence to the target is more than 45 degrees through an object, the missle impacts the object.

during beta, i was hit 5 minutes after beeing teleportert by a gm to the other end of the same island... if LOS was true, it will hit.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

How about an extension to fire 2xSkill level 'fake' missles, just so the effect is cooler.

wait for new missile type weapons

perhaps we get a swarm missile launcher, which fires 4 missiles per slot, which will fire on all locked targets at the same time (imagine a gropho launching 24 missiles in one volley)

Annihilator wrote:

wait for new missile type weapons

perhaps we get a swarm missile launcher, which fires 4 missiles per slot, which will fire on all locked targets at the same time (imagine a gropho launching 24 missiles in one volley)

Yes, this would be cool. But I don't think they would be missiles as we know them now in game. These would most likely be rockets and not missiles. Rockets doing less damage then missiles.

But would love to see the rocket swarm... Just wonder how the lag would be do to tons of swarming rockets..... smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Probably not that bad as the calculations are all done at time of launch and I would expect all the visual tracking stuff is done client side in response to a message like

(missile x, target y, x co-ords, y co-ords, delay)

So instead of 6 of these being done you'd have twenty four but there (hopefully) isn't an exponential increase in server load calculating  trajectories or adjustment to positions etc.

Could be wrong of course smile

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

Alexadar wrote:
bigsteve wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Im agree. I made mistake

Alexander wrote:

You can't dodge a rocket once it's fired. If the rocket was fired with LOS and then they move behind cover the rocket WILL hit them.

Confirmed, this is absolutelly true atm.

Agreed.  This is one of the reasons when I reset I dropped rockets; they were supposed to fire over things but don't most of the time, even if the space above the enemy is clear and it could have they will hit a wall or the ground.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!