Re: Problems with the economy.

ORe is the base.

If they mine a surplus and dont give it to the market = okay.

Problem is, since mining is not lucrative, the open market (alpha miners, privateers and the like) dont cater the market.

So minerals are corp internal and not the most traded thing (what it should be, there should be even enough ore that lvl 10 refiners buy it, reff it, sell it and make a profit)...

Gremrod wrote:

One of the biggest problems right now... Boils down to many players being self efficient or corps being self efficient and don't care about selling t2 to t4 items on the market.

Throw the solo combat player in the middle of this and it is a problem for the single player or the smaller corps that live on alpha.

The market chain of supply is broken, simple as that.... The demand is there but from the sounds of it if the item was on the market it would be out of their NIC range.

For me, this is the truth.

I could just join another corp, but it should be possible with hard work to at least live on the fringe... Well, maybe I could, than again CS put a forum gag-order on, and I went through withdrawls smile

Arga wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

One of the biggest problems right now... Boils down to many players being self efficient or corps being self efficient and don't care about selling t2 to t4 items on the market.

Throw the solo combat player in the middle of this and it is a problem for the single player or the smaller corps that live on alpha.

The market chain of supply is broken, simple as that.... The demand is there but from the sounds of it if the item was on the market it would be out of their NIC range.

For me, this is the truth.

I could just join another corp, but it should be possible with hard work to at least live on the fringe... Well, maybe I could, than again CS put a forum gag-order on, and I went through withdrawls smile

+1

Natasya wrote:

Problem with the insurance thing : It works in stEVE. Why ? Because the market is so large it cant be modified by some single persons.

We dont have that atm. So some persons can modify the market and abuse the insurance.

Another thing that will figure out if the game got enough players.

The nerf done ? Only possibility to get it under control until then ...

Insurance in EVE is based on a per ship base price set by CCP. That is why it works. (I believe they nerfed it down a bit more not long ago.)

Now with that said it still are times where one could benefit from blowing up certain ships that were insured and make a profit.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

insurance doesnt work here, because its now based on mineral market.

they had to reduce the payout so much, that a 3xlvl10 beta robot-builder cant underscore the insurance payout with his production costs.
(3x lvl10 ME extension + high standings + lvl10 refining on Refinery III, lvl10 decoder access)

and who has to "pay" the price for that change - the new player that has to buy his bot from the market, which is priced based on an average material efficency.

last but not least - equipment mach preislich mehr aus als der roboter, kann aber nicht versichert werden.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If the market is dead, and NIC isn't changing hands, the only way to get NIC is from the game system. So you can run assignments for NIC, or blow up insured bots. If the ORE is worth nothing on the market, than anything you get from insurance is a profit.

Well, unless as Annhilator says, that insurance doesn't even cover the production NIC cost. But you can still convert existing 'stock' into NIC, even at a loss.

33 (edited by Toku 2011-03-19 07:48:31)

Supply / Demand. Where there is demand, supply would be created. With over supply as we have now, prices lower and corporate wallets stay stuffed and cargoes fill with ore waiting for demand to be used. There are corps with plenty of bots waiting for the need to be used. There are corps with many millions of Units ore waiting for demand/need to be used. As the player base stifles and stutters, the existing demands slow further so builders have no incentive to build.. so supplies dry up. As demand increases, so will supply. Unfortunately for gamers, we are all impatient and need regular fixes of joy happy shiny and we don't like to have to wait for too long which is a really short time for most. Devs.. you have plenty of talent and capacity to fix instead of continual nerfing so please.. Git R Done!

P.S. If this has any relevance to the current topic it is purely by accident and should not be held against this poster.

Dear developers! To me has bothered to carry out missions! I DO NOT WANT to DO ONLY IT WHAT to RECEIVE MONEY! I WANT to KILL ROBOTS And to RECEIVE FOR IT the AWARD!

Now such scheme works:
???<--money<--mining<--money<--production<--money<--hunt<--money<--missions/kernels

Money is accumulated at miners. You reduce awards for hunting and missions. Soon the moment then destruction robots for getting insurance favourably again.

Everyone should understand that any balancing generates only new a disbalance.

Сайт корпорации: www.chaos-online.ru
Раздел приема в корпорацию: http://www.chaos-online.ru/foru....-perpetuum/

So, your saying that Miners have nothing to spend the NIC on?

The same question could be asked for Mission/Kernel sellers? What do combat pilots buy with the NIC they make?

Ammo -- Miner charges :Both roles have recurring costs associated with operation

Modules and Bots -- On beta, you lose mechs and mining bots equally, while on Alpha you DON'T lose the bots equally. That is if your losing bots in PVE then your doing it wrong.

But, everyone wants to upgrade, so miners need NIC for that Lithus while combat needs NIC for that heavy mech. Same holds true for modules, Miners want to upgrade thier mining lasers to T4 eventually because they get more ORE per cycle, just like combat pilots get more damage per cycle with T4 weapons. And the same holds true for head and leg slots too.

TL;DR - All roles use NIC in basically the same way, by reinvesting in their equipment and for recurring fees.

The alpha miner doesn't lose robots. While the miner thinks of modernization, the hunter thinks of how to indemnify a loss from PvP.

Hunter wrote:

The alpha miner doesn't lose robots. While the miner thinks of modernization, the hunter thinks of how to indemnify a loss from PvP.

The alpha combat pilot doesn't lose bots either, or they lost bots with the same frequency; miners running a termis into a alpha pack because they were not paying attention, or a combat pilot getting demobbed and killed because they took on too many NPC's.

I thought your post was about what miners spend NIC on? I think I clarified that it does not just go into their wallet and sit, regardless of where the miner is operating.

Your asking for Bounty for combat?

There's nothing wrong with that, as long as the NIC/hour earning for combat pilots remains balanced with other mission types. I disagree though if your premise is that combat pilots need more NIC than miners because they PVP.

To those crying DEMAND / SUPPLY.

Did it every worked on engine fuel ?

In general its cool, but as long as the market is so recessive its better to run T1 transport and BUY the ore, im not feeling like a miner ...

Arga wrote:

The alpha combat pilot doesn't lose bots either, or they lost bots with the same frequency; miners running a termis into a alpha pack because they were not paying attention, or a combat pilot getting demobbed and killed because they took on too many NPC's.

I thought your post was about what miners spend NIC on? I think I clarified that it does not just go into their wallet and sit, regardless of where the miner is operating.

Your asking for Bounty for combat?

There's nothing wrong with that, as long as the NIC/hour earning for combat pilots remains balanced with other mission types. I disagree though if your premise is that combat pilots need more NIC than miners because they PVP.

I see words of the miner with which all suits which wants more money and to change wants nothing.

From what the miner can be lost?
On alpha island:
1) If it will start to extract ore near to NPC. (But it won't dig there)
2) If it will be in AFK a mode, and nearby will dig out an artifact with NPC.
3) If it will PvP mode on and will shout "kill me!".
On a beta island:
1) All previous points.
2) If investigation won't warn in time about intrusion.

From what the hunter perishes?
On alpha island:
1) told All above.
2) Permanent contact with the enemy.
On beta island:
1) All aforesaid.
2) Even more dangerous enemies (npc/players).
3) destruction in PvP (for example when protect miners).

The age old question; which is more important, the installation tech or the salesman?

The salesman argues that without him, there would be nothing to install.

The tech argues that without him, there would be nothing to sell.

Reality is that the whole system needs to work in balance, even though the sales people usually get all the congrats for a great year because they are more visible.

The PVP pilot is the sales guy, out there on the front line doing the high profile, and argueably the funnest, part of the game. Miners, haulers, and industry players are in the background creating all the items that the PVP player needs.

The NIC and resource requirement to create items increases with the item complexity, be it T1-4 or light to heavy bots. Miners need better equipment as the demand for more raw material increases, industry players need more NIC to because the larger items require advanced purchases of high quantites of material.

Of course the system doesn't work if the PVP pilot can't afford to purchase the items that are produced.

The PVP pilot does not require MORE NIC, but they do require NIC.

If at this time, your impression is that miners are making more than PVP pilots, that's probably because the risk reward balance for PVP is out of balance.

I don't PVP, so this is just my impression, PVP pilots have to lose a crap-ton of bots before they start actually winning. Which makes PVP a huge NIC sink for players.

Again, just my impression, but even when you do win, the overall likely hood of you getting away with any loot is low. So, in general PVP players 'pay' NIC for the opportunity to PVP.

How PVP players generate NIC is either using alts, combat missions, and ratting.

The market is broken at the moment, which is causing everyone trouble, but if it was working correctly than the kernels and modules that drop from combat missions and ratting would be equal to or greate in value to what a miner can earn per hour. Note too though, that the miner depends on the market too for making profit.

TL;DR - The system is out of balance because the market isn't working correctly, it isn't because any one role has an easier time of making NIC; because of the broken market transport missions, which don't depend on the market, appear to make more NIC.

We need to revitalize our economy.

The market isn't broken, it just doesn't have enough people in it to run smoothly.  Capitalism depends on there being so many participants that things like price gouging and manipulation are impossible.  This is called the "efficient market theory."

PvP isn't supposed to generate income.  The theory that all jobs should produce income proportional to their risk is false.  PvP is fun, and you pay for that privilege.  I should make more mining than PvPing because mining is a job and PvPing is a game.  You don't get paid to go play paintball do you?  PvP-based characters should be able to generate income, but not through PvP.  Ratting should earn income, but I don't think it should be more than a miner or producer can make.

Regardless of what is right and fair (being paid for boredom not for risk), if ratting became worth more than mining, no one would mine.  Then your economy would be broken.

I totally agree that there are not enough players using the market, which is why it is broken.

But an intersting thing is, a large portion of the current population also doesn't use the market. Communist, vertically integrated alliances are mostly self suffcient so rarely need the market. This is usually beta alliances since they have access to all the raw materials directly, but Alpha corps that only buy Epitron could also be included if they only BUY that one commedity, but don't sell anything.

Also note, that new players that are integrated into the beta corps also do not help the market, so just adding more new players isn't really a fix either.

Nothing against the Beta alliance strategy, it works. I've also noticed some buy/sell orders for being put up recently that encourage transport players to do something other than missions, and this is probably a beta corp so some of them are helping the market even though its maybe not the most effcient.

The cost of manufacturing goods is so high that there's not much room for them to sell much cheaper. For example, a std Geoscanner is 200K on the market, the material cost is 189K. T4 frames for 1.79M, market cost to produce is 1.6M (your mileage may very depending on resource availablity).

43 (edited by Hunter 2011-03-24 09:40:56)

Надоело с вами спорить. Тем более на вашем языке.

Если хотите - сами переводите:
Количество игроков было достаточным. Было пока не начали закручивать гайки. Разработчики все сделали, что бы игроки ушли. Сейчас наблюдается значительный спад в онлайне, торговле и ПвП. Продолжайте в том же духе делать, говорить. Только не удивляйтесь, когда проект погибнет.

Hunter wrote:

Количество игроков было достаточным. Было пока не начали закручивать гайки. Разработчики все сделали, что бы игроки ушли. Сейчас наблюдается значительный спад в онлайне, торговле и ПвП. Продолжайте в том же духе делать, говорить. Только не удивляйтесь, когда проект погибнет.

He said he understood you and fully agreed ^^

Have a productive day, Runner

Arga wrote:

I totally agree that there are not enough players using the market, which is why it is broken.

But an intersting thing is, a large portion of the current population also doesn't use the market. Communist, vertically integrated alliances are mostly self suffcient so rarely need the market. This is usually beta alliances since they have access to all the raw materials directly, but Alpha corps that only buy Epitron could also be included if they only BUY that one commedity, but don't sell anything.

Also note, that new players that are integrated into the beta corps also do not help the market, so just adding more new players isn't really a fix either.

Nothing against the Beta alliance strategy, it works. I've also noticed some buy/sell orders for being put up recently that encourage transport players to do something other than missions, and this is probably a beta corp so some of them are helping the market even though its maybe not the most effcient.

The cost of manufacturing goods is so high that there's not much room for them to sell much cheaper. For example, a std Geoscanner is 200K on the market, the material cost is 189K. T4 frames for 1.79M, market cost to produce is 1.6M (your mileage may very depending on resource availablity).

So...the market isn't broken, there's just too few people and 95% of them are in one of two alliances that number in the hundreds of players.  When there's 10,000 active subscriptions, you won' t be able to have microcosm economies in corps, and the global market will need to hold everything together.

So basically what I said smile

46 (edited by Hunter 2011-03-24 17:26:39)

Line wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Лина и Арга, успокаивайте себя и других, что все ок. Останетесь вдвоем на сервере и будете радоваться. Мы найдем более сбалансированные игры.

Ral wrote:

So...the market isn't broken

So...the market isn't broken, it's just not working at the moment.

I'm making a more literal point, as in the washing machine doesn't have enough working parts in it, so it is broken and needs to be repaired. Replacing the broken parts, i.e. getting more people, isn't something we have direct control over. Eventually we'll have more parts in stock, but in the mean time there has to be something we can do to make the economy more lively.

Maybe someone that doesn't need google translate can calm hunter down.

Saying the market isnt broken, its just missing playes is like saying blizzard is doing a poor job to jumpstart the economy on new servers.

They do it for a reason. And i'd say, they are quite successfull.

Hunter wrote:
Line wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Лина и Арга, успокаивайте себя и других, что все ок. Останетесь вдвоем на сервере и будете радоваться. Мы найдем более сбалансированные игры.

Я совершенно не расстроюсь, если ты уйдешь, Джо. И вообще мало кто расстроится. Это не ты нужен перпетууму, это перпетуум нужен тебе.

Have a productive day, Runner