Re: Problems with the economy.

I don't understand Caithleen's point.

Arga, we are in agreement that we need more players.  I hear something is broken, and assume it can be fixed.  I see what you are saying though.

Reminds me of a thread I created over in General regarding the solution to all our problems...

I've never been on a new WoW server, so I'm not sure what they are talking about either, but I assume it has something to do with overly generous gold drops on mobs or vendor pricing being different until there is enough cash in the economy for the market to run.

Arga wrote:

I've never been on a new WoW server, so I'm not sure what they are talking about either, but I assume it has something to do with overly generous gold drops on mobs or vendor pricing being different until there is enough cash in the economy for the market to run.

Quite right direction. To steer the market when it has problems at the begining. ATM its cheaper to run transport missions than mine ore for most newbies (newbie experience speaking here).

That could be countered by artificial buy orders for minerals making them even.

So the newbie who want to mine stay because hes not forced to do transports.

Also, T2 bot market is near to empty. Corps keep it for themselves. Some ridiculous high priced artifical orders would at least give non-corp players the possiblity, even if it would be a huge grind.

The T2 bots are just really really hard to produce because of the low % CT's.

I have the Lithus MK II CT, and it requires so so many mats, not to mention a Lithus @ 25 Million.

Even if I did start a run of them, the price would be at least 50 million. That sounds ridiculously high enough smile

I am working on getting some MK II's into the market, I'm just not sure if anyone will buy them, even at only 10% markup.

Part of this is due to high cost of Epitron (13.99) and Norgalis (60.0) and the fact that its a 25% CT makes the commodiites from those materials drive the price off the chart.

There are some 50% CT"s in the caches, and once more of those are found I suspect we'll see more MK II's on the market.

With the plasma addition it looks like it got way better for the fighters.

Still i wonder : Why do i mine ?

With 100K ep into mining and a riveler worth 40m of fitting i can make as much as with the t1 transport thingy ...