Topic: Landmarks issue.

Greetings.

Is there anything that can be done to alter the landmarks list when facing 60+ blobs? I faced one last night on No Hope and, to be honest, with my landmarks list stretched as far down my screen as I possibly could the alphabetical targetting I prefer only went as far as M. This meant that approximately half of the insane blob were untargettable, therefore making my ability to follow FC targetting commands incredibly difficult.

If there is some function that allows this, please post it here, otherwise it possibly needs a fix.

On another note, clicking on a landmarks target and activating primary target with R often did not work and needed second or third clicks to actually 'catch' and lock, wasting valuable time. As an EWAR mech, my game can be played using landmarks and modules very effectively, only needing to focus on the action when moving position. I felt kinda nerfed vs the blob for these reasons.

"Rise like lions after slumber in unvanquishable number!
Shake your chains to earth, like dew
Which in sleep had fall'n on you:
Ye are many - they are few."

Re: Landmarks issue.

I'm not sure I get it, is there no scrollbar on your landmarks list?

checking screenshots from last night -

there is a scrollbar
there is the option to sort alphabetical a-z or z-a

whats the problem exactly?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Scroll bar my be hidden by the fact that it might be off screen, move it so u see all of its outline

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

YEah, guess the scrollbar was hidden. I got landmarks far right of screen always. Sorry.

/facepalm

"Rise like lions after slumber in unvanquishable number!
Shake your chains to earth, like dew
Which in sleep had fall'n on you:
Ye are many - they are few."

ctivating primary target with R often did not work and needed second or third clicks to actually 'catch' and lock, wasting valuable time.

This is realy problem!

And need many custom colums for sort by alphabetical and at a distance simultaneously

Some changes to the Landmark screen would be nice:
1.) Let us have several sets of settings which we can switch to easily (PVP, PVE, Mining, etc.)
2.) Multicolumn list sorting, maybe even groupable sorting, f.e. grouping after distance group 1 up to optimal range, group to up to fall off, group 3 up to targeting range, group 4 further
Of course the groups need to be sorted by range themselves as well :-) Max range needed is targeting and further of course.
3.) Maybe multicolumn layout of the window. Means if you make the window wider but less high and have the last column twice the needed space in width, show the list in two columns.
So first 20 landmarks in left column of the layout and rest in second column, etc.. There would not be a top down scrollbar then, but a left right scrollbar.
@Devs: I think of something like multicolumn list box where you can scroll left right, just having one column being an Item with 5 subcolumns (Image, Name, Type, Distance, etc.). I could sent a screenshot of an example if needed.

Andrew Redburn, super!

Andrew Redburn wrote:

Some changes to the Landmark screen would be nice:
1.) Let us have several sets of settings which we can switch to easily (PVP, PVE, Mining, etc.)

Even just this would be fantastic

Andrew Redburn wrote:

2.) Multicolumn list sorting, maybe even groupable sorting, f.e. grouping after distance group 1 up to optimal range, group to up to fall off, group 3 up to targeting range, group 4 further
Of course the groups need to be sorted by range themselves as well :-) Max range needed is targeting and further of course.

Would be very nice.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978