Topic: Modify the EP

Hello there,
i'm a new player and i'd like to know if i have a way to respec my EP as I've done bad choices.
thanks a lot in advance.

Keyne

Re: Modify the EP

no respec, but a one-time-reset

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … reset-faq/

read it carefully before you do it!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

O_O thanks a lot annihilator.
I don't understand why they didn't put an option to respec in game, thats just crazy.
You MUST make mistake when you don't know the game... pfff

As long as your attributes are right and you don't start training industry on a combat character nothing you do will be a mistake, just in the wrong order.

Avoid training anything to above level 5 until you are sure that you want it.

The Game

The reason why there isn't a reset becomes apparent when you get a lot of EP.

It also prevents "Flavor of the Month/Day" type of skill assignments.

In addition, it is there to slow the progression. If you could reset, players would dump EP into basic robotics and small weapons for example, until they had enough EP, then reset and only do the minimal EP to get to a Mech; and of course to medium weapons.

So, yes it is possible to 'waste' EP, for instance going Basic Robotics 10, then deciding you want to drive a mech instead of an assualt.

The 45 day reset is actually very handy though. As you can spend EP on light/assualt based skills and be competitive, then reset and have enough EP to get to a mech and medium weapons.

Although, Alex is correct, and it is the way I went, is to put EP into 'non' bot specific skills like faster target locking, range, speed, and module fitting up to 5 until you settle on the first role you want to specialize in.

Here's a question.  If I play for 4 days and then do the reset, what happens to the skills I spent lots of NIC on?  I understand the EP is refunded, but if I spent say 1mil on skills, are those skills unlocked after the reset or is that money gone?

Everything on your character is deleted, as you deleted the character.
So the nic is gone.

Yes, you also lose any time you spend building up reputations, its is a RESET; the charcter is deleted and the account is completly reset.