Topic: Account reset FAQ

The account reset feature has been removed from the game in the patch on 2011-10-28.

----

Account reset is an opportunity to start anew. If you feel that you used up your available EP for the wrong extensions, and think that the development of your characters is full of mistakes, you can do a reset. This will free up all the EP you have spent on your characters, so you can use them again on new characters.

Account reset comes with a price though, make sure it's worth it!

• You can only perform a reset when you delete all your characters. This means you will lose all relation rates, knowledge, wealth and items on them. (The EP used for character deletion will be reimbursed when you do a reset.)

• The first reset on every account is for free, without a time limit, but every consequent reset will put 20% of your actual total accumulated EP into a cumulative penalty pool. EP penalty can't be refunded!

You can check you actual EP and reset status on your character selection screen, with the "Account reset information" button.

If you wish to perform an account reset, you need to delete all your characters. The account reset button will become available here at the character selection screen, when you don't have any characters. Do not create a new character before pushing the reset button, otherwise you'll have to wait another 24 hours to delete your new character!

Answers for frequently asked questions:

• The reason for a reset is to redistribute all EP that you got since the beginning.

• Since you have to delete all characters, obviously you will lose everything you have on them except for EP.

• Do not worry if you do not have enough EP to delete all your characters, EP is allowed to be negative, and the EP charge for character deletion will be reimbursed after you do a reset.

• Early Access accounts will get back the starting ~40k EP as well as all EP gained since the redemption of the first key (or the start of EA).

• Normal accounts will get back the starting ~20k EP as well as all EP gained since the redemption of the first key.

• The Reset account button will be visible on your character selection screen when there are no characters.

Last update: 2011-10-28
NOTE: The account reset system has been changed in the Terra Incognita expansion, some of the comments below might be already outdated!

Re: Account reset FAQ

I have a problem that I would like a dev to look into- I am trying to reset my account but I do not have enough EP to delete both my characters, I am afraid I do not have enough time until the offer expires to build up the required EP for deletion, if the deletion cost is refunded anyway, could this either be one off turned off for me or could a dev reset my account manually please?

should be still ~4 days left for the first agent created in beta

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

If I wanna reset my account but keep name of the char, will it work? Cause I have to  delete all chars to reset acc, will I then be able  to create char with same name as deleted?

yes

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Wow... so you lose your bot and all the gear?  Harsh!

Not if you store them in a corporate storage.

The Game

Just wondering if you could drop a container, fill it then delete, make a new guy and pick it up within the 15mins?

A risky move (anything can happen and you run out of time), but it is possible.

10 (edited by Elzana Tori Varess 2011-01-23 19:05:46)

EDIT - Urgh ignore me, my maths really does suck. I forgot the delete cost is TWO days EP , not one lol tongue

Well iv got a decent grasp of what I want so Im gonna reset.

Thursday evening about 7pm, I like the idea of a cost on deleting toons but this reset is a one time deal, do we really need to wait 4 days to reset? I mean it a one time thing not like I can do it every day.

By the time I started thinking about a reset ofc I'd used up all my points I think it would be nice if the button to reset account would automaticly wipe and save me waiting.

12 (edited by Khromm 2011-01-25 18:46:57)

Vapid wrote:

By the time I started thinking about a reset ofc I'd used up all my points I think it would be nice if the button to reset account would automaticly wipe and save me waiting.

QFT

As a new player on a trial sub (with only around 16 hours left on it as well), and since I didn't know about the cost to delete a toon before resetting (and created an alt to see what would happen if I chose different options), having the reset button available for the duration of the 45 days (with of course suitable warnings if you do press it, to prevent you from resetting accidentally) would really help the game.  I'm still not certain if I want to shell out for a full 30 days, but want to redo my main character's skills (I wasn't crazy about the 2.95 euros for the trial either, but wanted to give it a good shot).  Having to shell out for either a full month (for the saving in the long run) or another trial key (expensive and would have been better off buying the full 30 days from the start) are not attractive options at this stage, and since I reckon I've b0rked my skills, leaves me in the unenviable position of borderline walking away from what *could* be an awesome game...

Being able to reset, even once, without having to pay for deletion of a character, within the rules of the reset (45 days), could mean the difference between someone like me continuing to play, or not.  By all means implement the deletion cost once reset has been applied (or time limit expired), it just feels like it's not worth my time and money to sit around for 2 days per character just to be able to reset my account, especially on a 4 day trial key...

Vapid wrote:

Just wondering if you could drop a container, fill it then delete, make a new guy and pick it up within the 15mins?

Oh, First time I'v ever quoted myself smile
Although it isnt exacly me since I did reset and all went well, even the dropping a field can, I filled it up with what I had and spent all my money on mats which I resold at a small loss but which set me up nicely to start again.

My toon is about 2 days old and I spent everything before I realized that specialization is better than hybrid. I need to wait two more days to delete my toon and start over?  Do I get that 2 days worth of EP back when I do?  And can I go back though the tutorial again to get some better bots on my restarted toon?

Yes (unfortunately), yes and yes.

16 (edited by Far Out 2011-02-14 07:44:36)

2880 EACH character for reset. Therefor 8640 to reset a full account. After reading the FAQ I thought 2880 would be shared to delete all 3. Turns out I have another 5 day wait till I can play again. Very disaapointing feature.

Far Out wrote:

2880 EACH character for reset. Therefor 8640 to reset a full account. After reading the FAQ I thought 2880 would be shared to delete all 3. Turns out I have another 5 day wait till I can play again. Very disaapointing feature.

L2Read. It works. It means you have to plan ahead. It should just be 2880 EP to delete 1 or all characters but there you go. Now you know.

The Game

Gotta say, much like other here, having to pay the deletion cost on characters in order to reset an account seems like a useless nuisance. Id made most of the classic newbie mistakes with my account before I realised this feature existed. Now that I've grown wiser and found that I can start fresh I still have to wait 4 days to save enough EP to delete my 2 chars, time that I could not even spend raising funds for my next run as all my possessions will be wiped in the process.

Considering that this is a one off intended to assist new players it does not seem that there would be any harm in letting an account be reset without prior character deletion.

your funds won't be wiped, just give them to a friend for safekeeping, and get them back after the wipe.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

Tau, Since you are in a corporation, remember to have them remove any privledges you may have or you will have to wait an additional 24 hours for the corp removal timer. Also, just have your corp hold your stuff for you.

or get kicked by the ceo wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

so.. where's the reset option anyway?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Resetting an account is a one-time opportunity for new players who want to start over again without losing precious Extension Points.

Resetting is only available as long as the account is not older than 45 days and when there are no active characters on the account. This means that if you would like to perform a reset, you will have to delete all your existing characters.

Again, you can do this only once on every account - use it wisely.

• You can reset an account if it's not older than 45 days and if you don't have any characers on it. The 45 days is counted from the moment the first non-beta character was created on the account.

• The reason for a reset is to redistribute all EP that you got since the beginning.

• Since you have to delete all characters, obviously you will lose everything you have on them except for EP.

• Yes, unfortunately you will have to wait a few days if you don't have any EP to delete your characters, but the EP charge for deleting will be back too.

• Early Access accounts will get back the starting ~40k EP as well as all EP gained since the redemption of the first key (or the start of EA).

• Normal accounts will get back the starting ~20k EP as well as all EP gained since the redemption of the first key.

• You can do this only once ever, per account.

• The Reset account button will be visible on your character selection screen when there are no characters.

Taurmin wrote:

Gotta say, much like other here, having to pay the deletion cost on characters in order to reset an account seems like a useless nuisance.

Seems so, but isn't. Its there for several reasons. During Beta we had:
- scripted exploit of initial funds/ammo per agent
- countless trolling alts on forums
- countless spy-agents for the sole reason to get into another corp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Resetting an account is a one-time opportunity for new players who want to start over again without losing precious Extension Points.

Resetting is only available as long as the account is not older than 45 days and when there are no active characters on the account. This means that if you would like to perform a reset, you will have to delete all your existing characters.

Again, you can do this only once on every account - use it wisely.

• You can reset an account if it's not older than 45 days and if you don't have any characers on it. The 45 days is counted from the moment the first non-beta character was created on the account.

• Yes, unfortunately you will have to wait a few days if you don't have any EP to delete your characters, but the EP charge for deleting will be back too.

• You can do this only once ever, per account.

Taurmin wrote:

Gotta say, much like other here, having to pay the deletion cost on characters in order to reset an account seems like a useless nuisance.

Seems so, but isn't. Its there for several reasons. During Beta we had:
- scripted exploit of initial funds/ammo per agent
- countless trolling alts on forums
- countless spy-agents for the sole reason to get into another corp.

I am completely behind the cost for deletion of characters, it is the fact that you have to save up the deletion cost in order to reset an account that I see as a nuisance.

It is a 1 time offer that requires your entire account to be wiped and all EP is refunded afterwards, there may be some potential for exploiting the system but it would be negligible.

Meanwhile it means that you are putting restrictions on new players ability to fully experiment with the various facets of the game, the EP I am having to set aside for character deletion could have been better spent on new skills, allowing me to try out more things before resetting.

The very fact that this is a restricted one time feature already offer an immense amount of protection against exploitation, I cannot see how waving the deletion cost when resetting would do any harm.

25 (edited by Duncan Haderach 2011-03-08 08:39:41)

Too bad, i must wait more than three days to reset my account and i'm on vacation... A very bad start.