Re: [Combat] Limit the new Tag system to 1 tagged target.

As a solo miner who needs some change from time to time, I've ran into the same problem of being unable to tag a target. As stated before you are very well able to completely block an npc location even with a yagel.

I don't know what the problem with some people is, because when I farm for kernels on a location and another one arrives with or without an assignment, it isn't too hard to take the npcs in turn. And this even without having to explicitly agree upon it. It just happens. Of course one location can't hold three players (if they aren't a team), the respawn time is just too long.

For those of you who say this is a MMO, I'd like to answer that of course it's an MMO. If you want to keep on buying resources/equipment from the market then don't be surprised if there aren't any because others have moved on to another game.

So I'm pretty sure this will get changed.

Well, everyone agrees that it's easy to lock down all targets in an area, especially with Castels. Perhaps the original idea isn't the solution, but at least the suggestion was made.

For everyone that said to "do something else" as a solution, here's what you do. Next time you spend 10 minutes travelling to your mission location, or that one mining spot...turn around and go back to the nearest terminal. Then head out to a different location, but once there, I'm afraid you'll have to back to the terminal again. Maybe if you head out to a NEW location...nope, once you get there, turn around again and head back to start over. Repeat this a few more times, then come back to tell me if this is a viable solution. tongue

TL;DR: "Do something else" is not a long term solution to a problem everyone recognizes.

The long-term solution  is stop complaining about something you could easily do yourself if you got there before them. I run a yagel, i target in under 8 seconds, and i hold down areas by myself targeting 3 at a time and tagging. I've had people do it to me as well and yes, it is frustrating, but go somewhere else IS a viable solution to the problem.

"Oh noz this assignment is being camped."

"I guess I can go farm something else til it clears up and make some NIC"

Farmers are part of MMO's. It really does suck that they are farming assignment spots, but for the most part unless they drop data its hard to tell.

pr1est wrote:

The long-term solution  is stop complaining about something you could easily do yourself if you got there before them. I run a yagel, i target in under 8 seconds, and i hold down areas by myself targeting 3 at a time and tagging. I've had people do it to me as well and yes, it is frustrating, but go somewhere else IS a viable solution to the problem.

"Oh noz this assignment is being camped."

"I guess I can go farm something else til it clears up and make some NIC"

Farmers are part of MMO's. It really does suck that they are farming assignment spots, but for the most part unless they drop data its hard to tell.

Have you read what people are saying?
I know of at least three people that have already left due to this very issue, and there have been days where i got sick of it and went back to DDO and/or EvE, it is sadly making me spend less and less time here, since it is affecting my and mu friends enjoyment of the game.

To simply state go somewhere else is NOT a viable issue when most or all of the first tier areas are being camped in this way, you even acmit to seeing it and doing it.....alone. I have seen one-two pilots lock out an area while three smaller mechs sat watching on the edge of the field, were these smaller mechs fans watching the game? little groupies wanting scraps?
Where else should they go? Go try to fight 1st stars?
As i have said before; If it was about higher level areas or anything in the outer islands i would agree and say tough, that is what the game is about, fighting over resources, go somewhere else, put up with it, or put your ammo behind what you think is right.
What ends up happening though is newb A goes out on first mission after tutorial wanting to try out their brand spanking new Prometheus, finds the quest area..........full of larger mechs and containers all over.......
"oh, there is a bot i need to kill! hmmmm, what do i do now, ok, lock....oh, it's dead already, there another, wow, these guys lock fast......
30 mins later said newb logs off not even getting one kill, they may or may not have dropped the mission to try another area which is also farmed.

People that cannot see the problem here either are mentally deficient, or hate this game and want it to fail. If you piss off enough newbs, they will leave, they will tell their friends which are other possible newbs, this also inhibits people coming to look because their friends are here. I refuse to recommend this game to others right now because i know that they would not like this, i tell them it is a good game, good potential, but they aren't there yet, wait a while.

As i have said before it will end up with a group of old-timers sitting in their empty outer islands blaming everything but themselves that the game is dying before the plug is finally pulled.

Does this mean dumbing down the game, or catering to the newbs?
Perhaps, but it is not something that has to change the whole game, or affect anything beyond the first week of play for many. There are many easy ways to fix this, one of the easiest being to move the the things that are being farmed to other mechs in other areas. If there is nothing the old timers want there, then they will not farm there. This is just one suggestion, there are probably many others that would work, many would likely be better than mine.

The only stupid thing to do here is to ignore the problem.....

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil wrote:

Have you read what people are saying?
I know of at least three people that have already left due to this very issue, and there have been days where i got sick of it and went back to DDO and/or EvE, it is sadly making me spend less and less time here, since it is affecting my and mu friends enjoyment of the game.

Sorry to hear your bad experience with this issue is affecting your decision on the game. I'm not saying it is fair just that it is part of it for now until the people farming the newbie areas get brave and move away from alpha terminals and do level 2 assignments at the outposts.

Zhyntil wrote:

To simply state go somewhere else is NOT a viable issue when most or all of the first tier areas are being camped in this way, you even acmit to seeing it and doing it.....alone. I have seen one-two pilots lock out an area while three smaller mechs sat watching on the edge of the field, were these smaller mechs fans watching the game? little groupies wanting scraps?

I never said I locked down newbie areas solo. I don't. The NIC is crap and the challenge is non-existent. I lock down 2 star bot areas myself. It is possible to do and not all that challenging when equipped right. People see the "easy money" in the lower bots and decide to do it. I can make over 1.5 mil/hour going further away from the Alpha terminals because of this fact.

Zhyntil wrote:

Where else should they go? Go try to fight 1st stars?

First stars are quite viable in an arkhe, which if you finished the tutorial, is a non-issue since you do have a shiny new light robot.

Zhyntil wrote:

Does this mean dumbing down the game, or catering to the newbs?
Perhaps, but it is not something that has to change the whole game, or affect anything beyond the first week of play for many. There are many easy ways to fix this, one of the easiest being to move the the things that are being farmed to other mechs in other areas. If there is nothing the old timers want there, then they will not farm there. This is just one suggestion, there are probably many others that would work, many would likely be better than mine.

The only stupid thing to do here is to ignore the problem.....

The problem with "moving what is being farmed to another mech" is the thing being farmed is the kernels for sale/use. It is quick easy cash. I don't condone farming the "newbie" areas but you have to realize it is part of it right now as these so-called "newbie" areas are also the main trading hubs as it stands right now and probably will be for some time which creates an influx of people in the area who will farm said bots because they are closest to where they can be sold.

The real issue is with everyone trying to focus on one aspect on the assignments. That being combat assignments specifically. There are more assignments than that. I'm a combat pilot and regularly take geology assignments because it is safe, easy, and doesn't rely on being able to kill X number of bots before X number of people does so i can get done faster or whatever the reason may be.

Farmers suck and have a special place in hell reserved for them.

Here is an easier fix.  Have the noob "Assignment" bots drop nothing of value, no kernals, which would be a deterent to people farming them.

32 (edited by serenekaos 2010-11-26 18:26:19)

Easier solution. Tag only stays on mob last damaged. Every time you damage a new, unique mob the Tag is dropped on the previously damaged mob.

To the OP: Just in case no one else mentioned it. Did you at least TRY to convo the farmers before you started whining and posting screenshots of QQ? I have found that many an agent is somewhat receptive to reason in this game as opposed to other MMO's.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

33 (edited by Kroth 2010-11-27 19:27:37)

It might be better to just adjust the lowbie assignment bots loot table and mark them as assignment targets so the farmers move on to the non newbie spawns. From my travels around the world it seems most of the spawns aren't being touched.

I never had a problem getting the kills on any of the 5 chars I've run through the tutorial chain but I've seen a LOT of people complaining about it.

Why do care bears flock towards pvp games trying so hard to convert the game mechanics into carebear land ???

There are hundreds of pve only games to go cry about fairness. There is a reason there is competition for resources and a reason there are skills to increase locking speed. 

SERIOUSLY!!!!! Go away

- M2S -

U betr run!

Doomviper wrote:

Why do care bears flock towards pvp games trying so hard to convert the game mechanics into carebear land ???

There are hundreds of pve only games to go cry about fairness. There is a reason there is competition for resources and a reason there are skills to increase locking speed. 

SERIOUSLY!!!!! Go away

What's fair about not being able to kill the person tagging all the mobs?

We're talking about Alpha island here.

36 (edited by Zhyntil 2010-11-27 23:53:15)

Doomviper wrote:

SERIOUSLY!!!!! Go away

This has nothing to do with carebear vs PvP other than perhaps some of this is done by PvPers going back to the newb areas for the farming. Not everything in the world is about carebears hating on PvPers, or the reverse for that matter. In most things i totally agree and have seen it happen in other games, even EvE where carebears lobby and get things made more fair, or less hardcore. I do not see how this suggestion has anything to do with PvP though.

If that is the way you really feel about it, then maybe the PvPers ought to be restricted by standings in the PvP areas like EvE? No, i don't think that is a good idea for anyone.

Newbs do not have the points in lock speed because they are newb and just started, should they create toons then sit in station for a week to get enough points to ......oh, wait, the higher level toons are in mechs that get big bonuses to lock speed, that wont work.....
Oh, maybe they should go run another mission? hmmm, often (not always) most of these areas are swarmed with these larger mechs, so that wont work either.

So i guess these newbs should do what you say and go away to other games.

I have said before that i totally agree with your (and others) views on this subject anywhere EXCEPT where the newbs are running their first quests. You piss off the brand new players or get them frustrated and they will happily take your advice and SERIOUSLY, go away, to other games for good.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

I have had issues with this as well. People farming the mission spawns and tagging everything that spawns.

It's funny how much of an issue this is for some people. I just started playing a couple of days ago and I haven't had an issue with this at all. Upgraded my locking speed to level 2 or 3 and I got an amplifier and I tag what I want.

Spawns need increasing, there should be more camps and missions should cycle through the camps.

x2

This needs fixing asap.

ATM it's way too exploitable and unbalanced. It's a major turn off for new players.
sad

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

41 (edited by Gobla 2010-11-29 18:06:30)

Perhaps an alternative solution would be to no longer associate tags with quest completion.

The multi-taggers are there for the loot, not the missions.

The newbies are there for the missions, not the loot.

So I'd suggest the following changes:

- Tags still give loot Rights.
- Adding damage to a kill gives Quest Rights.
- Destroy & Recover quest items are automatically added when a Quest Right is given.
- NIC rewards for Military missions get adjusted downwards to the level of Transportation missions.
- NPCs receive a small chance ( 10% ) to drop an additional kernel to compensate for reduced quest rewards.

This would lead to the following:
- Going to a farmed quest area would give no loot but fast quest completion for some easy NIC. Basically the same as doing a transportation quest but instead of delivering consoles to a terminal you deliver some ammo to an NPC ( the unfriendly way. )
- Going to an abandoned quest area would give more valuable loot but slower quest completion. Basically the same as it is now but you receive more of your reward in kernels and less in NIC.

Seeing as NPCs pay for kernels I think the economical impact would be minimal, prices may drop slightly due to increased supply but because of the artificial minimum they wouldn't be able to drop very far.

This would imho also lead to a better community on the Alpha isles as this would promote working together in quest areas for faster quest completion. Serious players would still compete with each other over the more valuable loot and kernels but casual players would be able to work together to get fast kills with minimal ammo spend even without formally grouping up.

In the end the situation would remain exactly the same for the more hardcore players. They would still compete against each other for finding the best spawn spots and obtaining asn many kernels as possible. But newbies would have a much easier time. When it comes down to the numbers they would earn about the same as they do now ( instead of 1 30k NIC quest in 30 mins they do 1 10k NIC quest in 10 mins. ) But they would be constantly busy doing something instead of hopelessly trying to get that tag that will just never come.

Easier solution. Tag only stays on mob last damaged. Every time you damage a new, unique mob the Tag is dropped on the previously damaged mob.

-Gallowglass-

serenekaos wrote:

Heh you're right tongue, my solution isn't exactly easy. But it's a solution that solves this problem without restricting tags to 1 per player. Which is what some other people in this thread were complaining about.

Edited my post so it's now an alternative solution tongue.

Do you know how boring pve combat would get if you could only tag 1 mob and only had manage fighting 1 mob? The 1 tag idea is horrible. If anything needs to be changed it's spawns.

Littlealex wrote:

Do you know how boring pve combat would get if you could only tag 1 mob and only had manage fighting 1 mob? The 1 tag idea is horrible. If anything needs to be changed it's spawns.

You can't fire on more than one mob at a time anyways....so if you're 'tagging' other mobs...your just kill-stealing from other players that are around the spawn.

-Gallowglass-

46 (edited by Relandi 2010-11-29 19:39:03)

Oh lawdy.

STILL trying to get this changed?

Aha.

In the time it took you guys to whine this thread onto page two, you could have been long past any hunting spots that have "taggers".

Also - at the guy above saying you can't target more than 1 bot effectively - you, sir, are poor at multitasking and micromanaging.

I have 0 problem firing 2 missile launchers a piece on 3 targets each from my Waspish - and I can even step that up further and use my 4th target with my energy drainer to keep my acc up.

You're not looking at the full picture - you're wanting an immediate fix to a non-lasting issue.

(I know I said I was done here, but the sheer 'broken record' loop of this topic is beyond frustration.)

Relandi wrote:

Oh lawdy.

Aha.

In the time it took you guys to whine this thread onto page two, you could have been long past any hunting spots that have "taggers".

Also - at the guy above saying you can't target more than 1 bot effectively - you, sir, are poor at multitasking and micromanaging.

I have 0 problem firing 2 missile launchers a piece on 3 targets each from my Waspish - and I can even step that up further and use my 4th target with my energy drainer to keep my acc up.

You're not looking at the full picture - you're wanting an immediate fix to a non-lasting issue.

(I know I said I was done here, but the sheer 'broken record' loop of this topic is beyond frustration.)

If it's non-lasting, then why do you care if it's changed?

Again, recall that this wasn't like this for the entirety of beta.

It was a quick fix for complaints about loot going to deathblows.

And this is worse than that, in instances where people wish to tag everything.

Then there were the complaints about restrictions... when this is a restriction.

I can't help but feel that you are abusing this particular feature for your own profit and/or doing so to the detriment of others.

Relandi wrote:

Oh lawdy.

Aha.

Thanks for proving everyone's point.

-Gallowglass-

Those who can -- do. Those who can't -- teach.

Littlealex wrote:

Those who can -- do. Those who can't -- teach.

Basically you're saying that in order to compete everyone should use Pelistal bots.