26 (edited by Lheomuh 2011-02-07 12:08:49)

Re: Question to the Devs on kernel NPC buy orders.

naa the game is fine, every night we see new highs in general chat...(oh wait..) lol

As a long term EvE player, I live for PvP. The problem is that I just can't make enough NIC to fuel my PvP needs, and I'm not prepared to spend say 10 hours farming for one hour's worth of PvP. I know that this is a new game and there will be a lot of changes over time, but for me at least it's unplayable at the moment.

Alandrix wrote:

As a long term EvE player, I live for PvP. The problem is that I just can't make enough NIC to fuel my PvP needs, and I'm not prepared to spend say 10 hours farming for one hour's worth of PvP. I know that this is a new game and there will be a lot of changes over time, but for me at least it's unplayable at the moment.

i could give you the standard answer:

join one of the big we-supply-you-with-everything corporations on beta island.
Join the Blob or leave.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

29 (edited by Tiggus 2011-02-07 19:19:03)

Annihilator wrote:

i could give you the standard answer:

join one of the big we-supply-you-with-everything corporations on beta island.
Join the Blob or leave.

There are probably what, like 3-4 corps in the game who handle economics like that?  I know GG doesn't and I doubt many others do.  This is one of those cases of "the grass is greener on the other side".

my comment was not made with approvement of that in mind...

what you need is:
a. ownership at outpost with rank3 recycling/repair
b. that outpost should have easy-farmable mech spawn nearby (Abbuthilla, hokko wink)
c. allies at outpost with rank3 refinery, Epriton nearby
d. dedicated refiner/producer/recycler
e. someone good at trading
f. corpleader agent with high insurance extensions. make money from your losses!
what you will get:
- farming npcs with minimal effort, you can sell the kernels on player market or beta terminal
- loot can be repaired for laughable NIC costs (and you get it partially back if you own that OP)
- recycling for materials with up to 60% material efficiency
- the mining-trading part has probalby changed now. It was "afk mine epriton, sell it on alpha, buy other stuff from the millions of NIC you got.

minimal effort, maximum output. Everything you need, is someone doing that for you.
I know of at least two corporations doing that... or something similar

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

you're listing your dream set of circumstances but there are plenty of folks who are able to stockpile ridiculous amounts of bots just living on alpha, in fact it's probably easier since you never take pvp losses on your industrials.

Don't lose 2-3 bots a day and there is no reason you can't be self sufficient in this game.  If you lose a lot of bots, then yes you will have problems, and no corp is going to enjoy handing you freebies nonstop in that case.

Tiggus wrote:

you're listing your dream set of circumstances but there are plenty of folks who are able to stockpile ridiculous amounts of bots just living on alpha, in fact it's probably easier since you never take pvp losses on your industrials.

Don't lose 2-3 bots a day and there is no reason you can't be self sufficient in this game.  If you lose a lot of bots, then yes you will have problems, and no corp is going to enjoy handing you freebies nonstop in that case.

Good points. As in much of human life, one gets more of what one rewards. If the Dev's want more PvP, they should set things up to reward that.  Personally, I'd drop the NPC purchase of kernels out completely. Then set it up so that players can set up buy orders that tie into the terminal sell system. When a sell order comes in, it is matched to the highest buy order. When that is filled, it then starts filling the next highest(ect).  This way the market for kernels is strictly player based.

Replace the income to be had by farming kernels with bounties(NPC and Player).  It makes more sense within the context of the known lore.  In terms of PvP, the higher a players rep with their corp, the higher the bounty on them would be.  Rep would also be gained by killing members of the other mega corps on beta.  Thus the better at killing other players one is, the higher the bounty on one becomes. Double edged sword... ^^

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Wraithbane wrote:
Tiggus wrote:

Good points. As in much of human life, one gets more of what one rewards. If the Dev's want more PvP, they should set things up to reward that.  Personally, I'd drop the NPC purchase of kernels out completely. Then set it up so that players can set up buy orders that tie into the terminal sell system. When a sell order comes in, it is matched to the highest buy order. When that is filled, it then starts filling the next highest(ect).  This way the market for kernels is strictly player based.

Replace the income to be had by farming kernels with bounties(NPC and Player).  It makes more sense within the context of the known lore.  In terms of PvP, the higher a players rep with their corp, the higher the bounty on them would be.  Rep would also be gained by killing members of the other mega corps on beta.  Thus the better at killing other players one is, the higher the bounty on one becomes. Double edged sword... ^^

This is a very elegant solution, mate.  Good thinking in this post.

Regarding the "Join the Blob or Leave Comment"

Im afraid some mates of me do exactly that, leaving since joining the blob seem unreasonable for them. Im Pretty sure having 3 or 4 Big Powerhouses that dominate everything and clash each other can bring lots of fun and make it easy but most people i know want their private minni communitys they call proudly 2-5 man corporations with their individual rules and codex.

For this guys regular income on beta is off limits because they are weak and they wont join the biggies. They go in for roaming fun and some fun resource gathering op with possible pvp but they need some backbone on alpha to backup losses. As new Player Ammo costs eat your Rewards on alpha. My Mates *** about endless grinding for some pvp fun and are leaving. The Kernel price reduction broke motivation complete down and they just go back to eve sad QQ !

So join blob or leave is kinda describing what shun off new players from resubbing.
To get a good market with cheap stuff inside we need more players. But i dont see this happen very soon.

If they must lower the kernel prices, they should also lower the ammo prices/mineral cost to build.  Also, why the hell must we only produce ammo in chunks of 1000?  I myself turned into a miner only because of disconnects/losing bots (which has improved), but seriously.. Not everyone wants to mine.

hmm, i produce ammo in junks of 36k over night.

Savin wrote:

if they don't want to do that, they must accept an effective cap on what they can reliably produce; if they don't want to do that, they can find another game.

looks like that is exactly what is happening, doesn't it?

was totaling loving this game but the complete tilt toward PVP and PVPers (and their constant whining) is killing that

i'm not gonna be forced to Beta - if this continues my accounts end on March 26 (unless someone actually subscribes to any of those keys i passed out, +15 days - not yet anyway)

Scathson wrote:

whine whine whine whine ... PVPers (and their constant whining) is killing that ...

love the irony smile

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard