Topic: WTF is "in combat"? why I can't delete trash loot?

I was farming some bots on alpha islands. Since loot crates do not have "viewed" status, I've used "pick all loot" as majority of ppl do. When I've found that my cargo is full, I've selected trash part of loot, and pressed "delete".

"you can't do that in combat" . W T F ? ! ! ? !

Really what that means? I've never met a game before where I can not delete something in my inventory. Sometimes opening trade window is exception, but understandable.

So I went to forums. Not reason found, excet that it was done for some uncelar to me PvP goals. But I really don't care about pvp! If thats for PvP, then do it for ppl who has pvp flag on!

In whole I really missing meaning of "in combat status flag". What thats for? Only for not letting me to destroy trash loot? Or bots do have now increased accumulator recharge when "out of combat"? Next logical step will be to give "automatic armor regeneration" while "out of combat"...

This new feture really makes me feel bad about this game. In EVE-type games, witch Perpetuum is, one usually perform many difefrent tasks at once. Like I browse market while running to destination, I do sort loot, while shooting next target and so on. Why this got nerfed?

Melia

PS I think I've missed the moment when this problems appears due to vacations...

Re: WTF is "in combat"? why I can't delete trash loot?

it was put in the game because people were deleting all of their cargo before they were killed in pvp.

->You just lost The Game<-

whine about it - it takes a few second for that status to disappear.

it was a request from whiny pvp'ers that complained about not getting any loot from killing a only-lwf-fitted sequer on beta island, because they just deleted their cargo.

the topic is here: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … asy-fixes/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

This was not the suggest idea but sadly it was the easy option and the devs took it. I still hate it honestly.

In Combat has been in the game from a long time but was never used apart from logging out. Now it is used for deleting cargo.

In combat lasts 10 seconds. Rather than whine about this, whine about not being able to tell the difference between viewed and unviewed containers.

The Game

Yes, containers, that already viewed, should become gray, or something like that, I've posted it long ago.

But I really see no point in spoiling life to everyone, for "better pvp loot". If they want it, they should do it some other way. Maybe add inability to destroy loot while PvP attacked? In PvE, this feature just makes mob grinding much less uncomfortable for players, who destroy a lot of trash often, white non stop shooting.

I really have a problem about it - I got full cargo, like 3-5 bots chasing me around, and valuble loot in wrecks... If I stop shooting situation goes worser since bots grow in numbers. If I don't stop I can't destroy trash. :-( Loot value changes with time flow, depending on what drops next, it's hard to predict in advance, what is needed, and what should be left. So ability to destroy or throw away thing is very important for many hunters.

it just needs to be no deleting from cargo until you're in a station, plain and simple. sure it would be more inconvenient, but it solves all the problems, and it makes sense. That or a more sophisticated "eject" system, but the rules on cans and viewed/not viewed make it difficult to do something like that currently. either way, tweaking is needed.

Melia, if you're just camping at a mob spawn and farming loot and kernels, I would recommend bringing along a field container. You can just toss all your loot in there because that's not affected by the combat flag. Besides, you can stockpile a much more massive pile of loot than just filling up your own cargo.

Quelthas wrote:

it just needs to be no deleting from cargo until you're in a station, plain and simple. sure it would be more inconvenient, but it solves all the problems, and it makes sense. That or a more sophisticated "eject" system, but the rules on cans and viewed/not viewed make it difficult to do something like that currently. either way, tweaking is needed.

so fail.  good god, so much fail.  Solves all the problems.  Yes, adding more downtime, travel time and busy work to a game is clearly solving all the problems.

Reefpirate wrote:

Melia, if you're just camping at a mob spawn and farming loot and kernels, I would recommend bringing along a field container. You can just toss all your loot in there because that's not affected by the combat flag. Besides, you can stockpile a much more massive pile of loot than just filling up your own cargo.

This.  Only problem is you need someone to pick it up for you and you need to make sure you open it at least every 10 minutes or so.  Or you could use it as a bin.

Otherwise I agree that it should be only a PvP thing.

It was a bone thrown to the PvP crowd. One of many, so very many ^^  One possible solution is to only have the in combat flag set if you are in a fight with another player. Bots would not trigger it. 

Its a serious PITA when out farming kernals because of the limited space, and how much of that junk gear takes up.  I normally use the take all, and then dump the junk (other wise its difficult to keep track of which cans have been opened),

What we really need is a second button(like the take all) that appears in the opposite corner when the kernal is removed. Only this one would trash the can. That would save on server/client resources as well. As it stands I've seen dozens and dozens of cans on screen at once.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.