Re: Ewar

Ion Halo2 wrote:

I said I know of only 1, now I know of 2, I see 90% of my ewar ecounters with demob and guns only.

Read much.

Hense being a small amount of people that truely understand the use of ewar, other then getting 72 KPH base speed.

Oh, so a forum post saying you do something is proof enough for you.

I do what Mars said.  Do you like me now?

->You just lost The Game<-

27 (edited by Ion Halo2 2011-01-05 23:32:40)

Neoxx wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:

I said I know of only 1, now I know of 2, I see 90% of my ewar ecounters with demob and guns only.

Read much.

Hense being a small amount of people that truely understand the use of ewar, other then getting 72 KPH base speed.

curious do you even understand the crap you type.

I am done....troll away if you want.

Neoxx wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:

Read much.

Grow up

If ewars were half as effective as everyone here is making them out to be, then intrusions would consist of only ewar bots. 

That's the bottom line.

/thread

The problem is 99% of the game isn't intrusion events. So anytime that isn't intrusion light ewars are the best and even during intrusion you want half your force to be in light ewar. Seems unbalanced to me. There are light bots, light ewars, assaults, mechs, ewar mechs and heavy mechs, but 95%+ of the time you should be in a light ewar for pvp. I know we don't have the EP yet to make mechs effective, but the large disparity between light ewars and light bots or assaults is alarming. I can't even catch a sequer in my loaded waspish.

I think thats got more to do with the fact that intel is so readily available (with the 1000m radar range) unless your tackle going >110 you wont be catching anything except afk'ers before they safe up. If the range of intel was lower then it would be far easier to catch things in lower speed bots

Lege wrote:

I can't even catch a sequer in my loaded waspish.

That's why we have ewar bots for. But you'll need a DPS bot to take out the Sequer as fast as possible, before he/she can call reinforcements, right? That's why we have assaults...

I don't really know why you guys keep battling on this issue.

Try a 1on1. A ewar vs a assault bot... who will win? If both players know how to use their bots, its a draw. Just try it.

33 (edited by Bastian Croft 2011-01-06 17:48:30)

Mars Volta wrote:

But you'll need a DPS bot to take out the Sequer as fast as possible, before he/she can delete his cargo and/or drop it in a field container.

Fixed.

Lege wrote:

The problem is 99% of the game isn't intrusion events. So anytime that isn't intrusion light ewars are the best and even during intrusion you want half your force to be in light ewar. Seems unbalanced to me. There are light bots, light ewars, assaults, mechs, ewar mechs and heavy mechs, but 95%+ of the time you should be in a light ewar for pvp. I know we don't have the EP yet to make mechs effective, but the large disparity between light ewars and light bots or assaults is alarming. I can't even catch a sequer in my loaded waspish.

Agree.

35 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2011-01-07 23:23:07)

Well, sounds like lot of butthurt going on from ewars, so of course, the easy response is nerf them, so you do not get owned by them...

The problem is not fast ewar groups, the problem is "you" and your choices. 

Yes, ewar is fast, and other than demob, has long range effects.  However, ewar has a paper tank, a speed fit ewar that does get demobbed is basically dead, and the dps from 2.5 ewar = 1 assault bot at best.

How "you" should handle ewar gangs - have scouts at teleports.  Forewarned is forearmed. Respond with fast ewar groups, with demob, and assaults for dps on demobbed targets.  Look at your intel channels to see when gangs have come onto your island, drop what you are doing, get in gang, and help hunt them down.

Ewar are EASILY killed, when handled appropriately.  Need to go faster to catch them?  Get Nav to 10 and equip a T4 lightweight frame.  But you too will also have a paper tank then, and be on equal footing with the enemy ewar.

Pppl need to understand that they have to think abit, and put effort into it, in order to respond to a fast ewar gang, instead of responding with "it needs to be hit with the nerf bat" because "you" have either gotten pwned by it, or unable to engage them because you are trying to chase them in assaults or light bots.

BTW, most fast roam ewar setups for wolfpacks usually are just sensor amp, demob, and tunings.  Start fitting a full ewar setup, lets say ap, demob, and 2 ewar mods based on bot bonus', and the first thing you see if it has guns and rep, is that it is going in the mid 90's at best .  At that point, if you want speed, you have to sacrifice the guns, and do no damage..

So all this crap about op and unfair is just that, crap, by ppl who either do not think about how to counter, or do not want to have to train the skillz and go to the expense to properly fit a bot to counter them.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Thank you Lupus. You basically articulated most of what I wanted to say. L2P with ewars to counter ewars.

And further, 10 ewars vs. 10 assault bots should be a standoff because ewars cannot safely walk into them. Like Lupus said, we don't all run around with suppressors and ECMs... in fact it's somewhat rare compared to the speed/dps/demob fit.

When ewar gangs come to Hokk, they learn the counter to ewar gangs. Maybe you should try to use OP ewar bots on our island to learn a few tips about how to deal with them.