Topic: Ewar

You guys need to come up with something so this game just doesn't become EWAR only.

I am tired of cookie cutters, to be honest there is no reason at this point to be anything else.

Re: Ewar

I  lol'd.   Thanks for the laugh.

->You just lost The Game<-

Yum, cookies! big_smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

4 (edited by Ion Halo2 2011-01-05 20:10:53)

There are a couple options I see that can make the ewar more balanced.

1. reduce the speed of ewar back down to the average speed of that bot type (Light, mech etc..). they dont need it because they have the longer locking range already, and since
they are specialized ewar modes can increase with skills.

or

2. remove guns from ewar so they can be used as intended.

3. I think light ewar bots should have a harder time ewaring a mech for example, since there are ewar mechs. I think light ewar should recieve penalties in trying to ewar mechs or bigger.

thats my 2 nic.

thanks for reading

Ion Halo2 wrote:

There are a couple options I see that can make the ewar more balanced.

1. reduce the speed of ewar back down to the average speed of that bot type (Light, mech etc..). they dont need it because they have the longer locking range already, and since
they are specialized ewar modes can increase with skills.

or

2. remove guns from ewar so they can be used as intended.

3. I think light ewar bots should have a harder time ewaring a mech for example, since there are ewar mechs. I think light ewar should recieve penalties in trying to ewar mechs or bigger.

thats my 2 nic.

thanks for reading

1. Ewar do need the speed because their modules have extremely short range, they need to be able to run in and out to do their job.

2. See sensor strength.

why are you asking for something that is already ingame? sensor strength of mechs is higher then the EW strength of any bot without extension. Fit a ECCM and a intact will have problems hitting you with supressors. add two sensor amps and your mech is good to go.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Something should still really be done to get people away from just blobbing or bringing gangs of just ewar, and in my opinion it still falls under a balancing issue. It's making pvp really bland.

Maybe the other bots need to be tweaked a bit.

8 (edited by Socnys 2011-01-05 20:49:51)

Cmon guys, this is getting borring for me. Ewars need to be changed...i rarely die to them but its mainly due the fact they can outrun any other bot outperform any other bot in many ways aswell. Im not going to be stuped and let a 5 ewar group get me offguard or alone, im going to play it smart, ill be with a group but this then makes pvp boring, i cant catch you u cant kill me so all it leavs is for you in ewars to try and get a termis or something alone, if u dont then u just sit at beta gates in safe zone waiting for ither us to leav or you to leav. What kind of pvp is that? my pvp kill score doesent go  up much due to this, all i ever fight ageisnt is ewars 95% of the time cause is all you guys do. Not doing that for a fact ould be something dumb, they are verry efective at many things, but by doing so your killing the game for other people. It takes more than 1 to play an mmorpg..think about it.

On the other side ewars are so god dam usefull ewar mechs are taking dust.let me put this clear, THIISS IS GETTING BORRRINGGG.

Ewars need to be changed one way or another, using only 1 type of bot out of the many others its getting us nowere. Non ewar bots are next to useless.

Snowstyle wrote:

1. Ewar do need the speed because their modules have extremely short range, they need to be able to run in and out to do their job.

i disagree here - theres only one ewar module that has "extremely short range" and thats the demob. ECM and Sensor supressors can have up to 500m range on small ewar bots.

small drainer and neut is another story...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

10 (edited by Ion Halo2 2011-01-05 20:57:51)

Don't forget to extra bot bonus, and the extra extentions that increase ewar range.

The people that need the speed in ewar aren't using them for ewar simply.

11 (edited by Ion Halo2 2011-01-05 21:13:50)

Annihilator wrote:

why are you asking for something that is already ingame? sensor strength of mechs is higher then the EW strength of any bot without extension. Fit a ECCM and a intact will have problems hitting you with supressors. add two sensor amps and your mech is good to go.

you are correct someone that doesn't have the skills to run ewar modules can be stop with one ECCM, but then again that why 90% of people in ewar bots aren't using them for ewar.

Someone with reasonable ewar skill can get past the eccm.

to think by throwing 1 or 3 points into it is going to give you 100% effectiveness is foolish. since there are no extentions to increase eccm use.

Which are the same people that want to do arkhe swarms, and kill stuff and take no loss, are the same ones now doing it with light ewar go figure.

i agree with you, that ther is a problem in efficiency.

a group of pur ewar fitted ligth ewars + dps bots is less efficient then a whole group of ewars with some dps equipment.

you cant do the opposite with the same numbers (same number of assaults with partial ewar mods)

To be honest I only know of one person that uses the ewar bot as intended and he does it very well. I have seen a few other but this one pilot does't with skill and doesn't need to exploit game mechanics to get a kill.

And yes this is someone I have fought and someone that is concedered an enemy.

That person would be Balfizar.

I can appreciate skill when I see it even if it's killing me.

Ion Halo2 wrote:

To be honest I only know of one person that uses the ewar bot as intended and he does it very well. I have seen a few other but this one pilot does't with skill and doesn't need to exploit game mechanics to get a kill.

lolwut

Neoxx wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:

lolwut

that so hard to give credit were credit is due....

Ion Halo2 wrote:
Neoxx wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:

lolwut

It really depends on what you mean by "as intended".  With your crazy ideas I wouldnt be surprised if mining in an intakt with range extenders would fall under that umbrella of fail you call your thought process.

17 (edited by Ion Halo2 2011-01-05 22:06:36)

Neoxx wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

lolwut

It really depends on what you mean by "as intended".  With your crazy ideas I wouldnt be surprised if mining in an intakt with range extenders would fall under that umbrella of fail you call your thought process.

then go fight him I am sure he can show you the intended use of ewar.

Some people are a little thinker then others and can't be told, and have to be shown.

Ion Halo2 wrote:

It sounds like you just dont like ewars to be able to use damage dealing weapons at all.  So, if you think that this guy is so godly at ewar, then he probably never uses weapons, and thereby wouldnt ever be able to kill me, even in an argano.

Sure, I'll fight him.

19 (edited by Ion Halo2 2011-01-05 22:16:45)

Neoxx wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:

It sounds like you just dont like ewars to be able to use damage dealing weapons at all.  So, if you think that this guy is so godly at ewar, then he probably never uses weapons, and thereby wouldnt ever be able to kill me, even in an argano.

Sure, I'll fight him.

wow why am I not supprised your missing the whole point. I bet you cried when they took your arkhe away.

lol

20 (edited by Ion Halo2 2011-01-05 22:35:55)

Most I see on 90% of my ewar encounters the only ewar fitted to it is demob, and if your one of those people then you'll surely lose to Balfizar

Ion Halo2 wrote:

Most I see on 90% of my ewar encounters the only ewar fitted to it is demob, and if your one of those people then you'll surely lose to Balfizar

You serious?

M2S have alternative fittings for each function. OFC, we do have Pure fitted EWARs, but just when it's needed... This game don't really have a "intended" way to play it. Just play it as you like, and as you think you're being effective in what you're doing. I'm almost 90% of my time in a ewar bot, because I like it. I do have multiple intakt fittings for each occasion... be it scouting, solo pvping, group pvping or blob warfare...

Want to mine with ewar? go for it...
Want to farm with lairds... why not?

Humanity have proven that the successful ones were the ones breaking the rules, not the ones following the shepherd...

Mars Volta wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:

You serious?

M2S have alternative fittings for each function. OFC, we do have Pure fitted EWARs, but just when it's needed... This game don't really have a "intended" way to play it. Just play it as you like, and as you think you're being effective in what you're doing. I'm almost 90% of my time in a ewar bot, because I like it. I do have multiple intakt fittings for each occasion... be it scouting, solo pvping, group pvping or blob warfare...

Humanity have proven that the successful ones were the ones breaking the rules, not the ones following the shepherd...

then your not the one I am talking about if you haven't been paying attention.

Ion Halo2 wrote:
Mars Volta wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:

You serious?

But I thought you've only seen 1 person fit ewar correctly? How can he not be someone you're referring to if the only person that is right in your mind is this His Excellence Ballfister.

ENGLISH, MOTHERF*CKER!  DO YOU SPEAK IT?

24 (edited by Ion Halo2 2011-01-05 23:16:21)

Neoxx wrote:
Ion Halo2 wrote:
Mars Volta wrote:

You serious?

But I thought you've only seen 1 person fit ewar correctly? How can he not be someone you're referring to if the only person that is right in your mind is this His Excellence Ballfister.

ENGLISH, MOTHERF*CKER!  DO YOU SPEAK IT?

I said I know of only 1, now I know of 2, I see 90% of my ewar ecounters with demob and guns only.

Read much.

Hense being a small amount of people that truely understand the use of ewar, other then getting 72 KPH base speed.

Ion Halo2 wrote:

dude, just open your Equip window, and try to understand the capabilities of the ewar bots...

Ewar is not OP... they have their cons and pros... just learn to play with it and against it!