Re: Why miners/harvester got nerf???

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have certain plans that will change the economy and this fits into that plan. I won't say more about it yet because it's not quite ready for the public and I wouldn't be able to answer all your questions.

Contrary to what I read all around the forums, this change affects rather the veteran players with high level extensions, not the newbies. It's pretty clear that at low levels the bonus reduction is negligible as the bonus itself is also negligible at that point (5%->3% at level 1). All other extensions and tunings that directly affect mining and harvesting yield are unchanged, not to mention the extra slots for the Argano and the Laird.

That said, we realize that this currently hits the industry more than we would like, so we'll increase mining and harvesting yields by 50% in the next patch. (This change might be temporary.)

So then, oh I dont know, maybe do the change WHEN YOU COME OUT with a blog with your reasoning?

Is insanity a normal occurrence over "their"?  Also I would like a Dev statement over the proposed new law to take more of your richly hard earned money.

I am Perpetuum.

27 (edited by Goffer 2014-11-17 08:15:58)

I would have liked to see the miner change coming "softer", but don't think it would be good to counter that now with a 50% boost.
Such changes that influence the complete market should be applied in a very sensitive way. An increase ob base yield for 50%  means there is no reason to mine before that patch for endgame miners, as the change would be that drastical on the mined ammount/time.

I agree to Goffer!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I wouldn't bother guys, Zoom thinks infinate minerals are the same as infinite NPC's, I think its beyond him.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Farming npcs is serious business meanwhile the scarab mk2 looks on...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Goffer wrote:

I would have liked to see the miner change coming "softer", but don't think it would be good to counter that now with a 50% boost.
Such changes that influence the complete market should be applied in a very sensitive way. An increase ob base yield for 50%  means there is no reason to mine before that patch for endgame miners, as the change would be that drastical on the mined ammount/time.

So its not "too late" what 5 days after the fact, and all the minerals mined in that time will be enough to piss people off and make them quit?

This is a hot fix issue, patch it up tomorrow and be done.

But, what we will get is a half assed promise of "this is what we will do, but it will be 3 months before we might do it".
In the mean time, that three months is enough time for the reverse to occur, the damage will be done.

This is what Zoom plans on happening, a delayed tactic, promise something great and hope we forget about it.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:
Goffer wrote:

So its not "too late" what 5 days after the fact, and all the minerals mined in that time will be enough to piss people off and make them quit?

This is a hot fix issue, patch it up tomorrow and be done.

But, what we will get is a half assed promise of "this is what we will do, but it will be 3 months before we might do it".
In the mean time, that three months is enough time for the reverse to occur, the damage will be done.

This is what Zoom plans on happening, a delayed tactic, promise something great and hope we forget about it.

imo nothing was more damaging than you getting your buddies kicked off kent and hokk, having to roll an alt forum account to continue your stupidity anonymously

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

DEV Zoom wrote:

Those talking about "infinite minerals" seem to always forget that it doesn't really matter that much. NPCs are also infinite but I can't remember any complaints about that, although it's pretty much the same.

What matters is the number of players gathering the minerals and the time they invest into it. Those factors shape the prices, and then there is of course the question of demand.

Its not really being 'infinite' thats the problem, more that its incredibly easy (especially for large groups) to gather resources at a level far beyond their current needs and thus stockpile a lot of materials, either supply or demand needs adjusting.

If someone wants to mine everyday for 2 years with 5 accounts and not sell any of his ore. Seems very difficult to stop him from doing so. With mechancis or otherwise.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

If someone wants to mine everyday for 2 years with 5 accounts and not sell any of his ore. Seems very difficult to stop him from doing so. With mechancis or otherwise.

and why should you. its a sandbox. if thats what he wants to do.

its like: "omg that person is accually playing the game. spending his free time on it, doing things, earning money, getting rich."

i have the feeling its more about: "we want to have all the stuff. so when we are done, and we will be faster and better, then the others should not have anything anymore."

getting resources is no much different from killing npcs. its your personal invested time. for some resources its also about risk (epriton/colixum). if you think its too much then maybe we should talk about the yield. oh but wait. everbody just cried when the mining bonus was nerved a bit...