Topic: Why miners/harvester got nerf???

One thing I really dont get about Patch, why they got nerfed the mined amount???

discuss

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Why miners/harvester got nerf???

We have certain plans that will change the economy and this fits into that plan. I won't say more about it yet because it's not quite ready for the public and I wouldn't be able to answer all your questions.

Contrary to what I read all around the forums, this change affects rather the veteran players with high level extensions, not the newbies. It's pretty clear that at low levels the bonus reduction is negligible as the bonus itself is also negligible at that point (5%->3% at level 1). All other extensions and tunings that directly affect mining and harvesting yield are unchanged, not to mention the extra slots for the Argano and the Laird.

That said, we realize that this currently hits the industry more than we would like, so we'll increase mining and harvesting yields by 50% in the next patch. (This change might be temporary.)

I can only speculate on on the nerf, maybe a nerf now, to make space for a small buff later with indy tuners. Otherwise is hard to see the logic behind it. Not sure if it needed one but new players once they get up to speed in a few weeks or months will be at a good mining level compared to max out accounts.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have certain plans that will change the economy and this fits into that plan. I won't say more about it yet because it's not quite ready for the public and I wouldn't be able to answer all your questions.

Contrary to what I read all around the forums, this change affects rather the veteran players with high level extensions, not the newbies. It's pretty clear that at low levels the bonus reduction is negligible as the bonus itself is also negligible at that point (5%->3% at level 1). All other extensions and tunings that directly affect mining and harvesting yield are unchanged, not to mention the extra slots for the Argano and the Laird.

That said, we realize that this currently hits the industry more than we would like, so we'll increase mining and harvesting yields by 50% in the next patch. (This change might be temporary.)

It effects resource gathering for everyone but since we have resources already it makes it harder for new folks to catch us.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

It effects resource gathering for everyone but since we have resources already it makes it harder for new folks to catch us.

unless you stopped gathering completely, there is no "catching up" to your vet-assets anyway...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Thank you Zoom!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

7 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-16 01:35:59)

Good call on increasing the mining yield 50%, this game does not need a bigger grind than it already is, that is for certain. I take it there is a plan, like I have posted before there must be a long term plan and it's true, some players just laughed at my predictions, I am sure they prefer to whine and cry and not see the whole picture as always.

RIP PERPETUUM

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:

unless you stopped gathering completely, there is no "catching up" to your vet-assets anyway...

Most of us have stopped. We log in for occasional pew.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

dumb

10 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-16 02:31:52)

Well there would be catching up if you know....the vets here actually played the game and didn't have egos too big to pvp beyond random harassment skirmishes.

But ego is more important than game enjoyment.

Also who cares about mining amount?  Every damn ore in game is sitting there in infinite amounts....never ending ore spawns....and the vast majority in locations where there is ZERO risk to anything, not even red mobs anymore.

All you have to do is be active and the small amount mined that got nerfed doesn't even matter....

Hell the new players are all bragging about how almost every member of theirs is an indy only account....they should be rolling in the ores with more than enough left over to barter for whatever EPI they cant ninja.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Those talking about "infinite minerals" seem to always forget that it doesn't really matter that much. NPCs are also infinite but I can't remember any complaints about that, although it's pretty much the same.

What matters is the number of players gathering the minerals and the time they invest into it. Those factors shape the prices, and then there is of course the question of demand.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Those talking about "infinite minerals" seem to always forget that it doesn't really matter that much. NPCs are also infinite but I can't remember any complaints about that, although it's pretty much the same.

What matters is the number of players gathering the minerals and the time they invest into it. Those factors shape the prices, and then there is of course the question of demand.

My point is that its incredibly easy to get all the ores you need in game, most of which without any risk.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

DEV Zoom wrote:

Tried getting hi tech kernals lately?  smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

14 (edited by Rasnath 2014-11-16 12:59:55)

DEV Zoom wrote:

The reason why this hurt newbies the most is that every  newbie that's planning on mining levels advanced robotics to at least 5, then proceeds to data and accu skills, so they can fit their termis. Hence, the skills invested into resource extraction dont even account to half of the bonuses advanced robotics provide. A direct nerf on the only real skill the newbies have for mining is kind of hard on them. Vets on the other hand have probably trained the resource extraction skills, so the nerf doesnt hit them so much.

If you absolutely had to nerf mining skills, then resource extraction would be the way to go IMO. But then again, they provide little boosts, so people might not even want to spend EP there if the bonuses were any lower.

Also, good call on raising that to 50% back again.

15 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-16 13:13:24)

Stranger Danger wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

My point is that its incredibly easy to get all the ores you need in game, most of which without any risk.

I agree, more risk should be introduced in alpha island, the observers made sense and that added risk made the game more interesting. Mining bots can be fitted with a good tank but it is pointless to do that on alpha islands atm.

The infinity of the the ores is not an issue but combined with other mechanics makes it a big enough issue. For instance ores will always need to be infinite, issue is for any island capable of supporting an infinite number of miners, that I think is bad.

Interconnecting mineral depletion relative to other islands would be a good idea, that way fields could spawn on a different islands, not always on the same ones making it much interesting for the economy.

RIP PERPETUUM

Rasnath wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

just a hint, zoom wrote something different then you did understand smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:
Rasnath wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

just a hint, zoom wrote something different then you did understand smile

Nope, I said, good call, even if it was temporary, cause when the nerf comes again, it will be coupled with other balances, which should make more sense that they make now .

no, you said 50% back to what it was.

zoom said 50% more base yield.

Annihilator wrote:

no, you said 50% back to what it was.

zoom said 50% more base yield.

Now that's just epic. :DDD

50% more base yield. Yay for scarab mk2 buff!

It would be cool if they added 30-50% more cargo space if you buy a booster. It doesn't really affect PvP, isn't pay-to-win, isn't helpful for combat bot farming much, but would give a huge utility help for industrials and actually make it a bit more worthwhile subbing.

No need to thank me, Zoom.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Yes I meant base yield increase, sorry if that wasn't clear. We don't want to reverse the effects of the patch regarding robot bonuses.

Jita wrote:

50% more base yield. Yay for scarab mk2 buff!

thats what i though at first too, but then, the buffed argano mk2 with a field container can do that better with a freeware   mouse macro

DEV Zoom wrote:

make it so that it takes 10x as long to spawn static npc's. Beacons would be worthwhile then and also missions/tokens. Prices on t1 would go up and manufacturers would actually be able to make money on t1 gear.

Weedy wrote:

It would be cool if they added 30-50% more cargo space if you buy a booster. It doesn't really affect PvP, isn't pay-to-win, isn't helpful for combat bot farming much, but would give a huge utility help for industrials and actually make it a bit more worthwhile subbing.

No need to thank me, Zoom.

Not a bad idea smile