Re: DEVS I found a solution to your Internet problems.

Laserkraft wrote:

Arrogant americans! roll

That's # what of the US bashing posts?

Although I do agree the servers need moved, I am in the US, I don't believe to the biggest portion of the playerbase is US based. A Good part of it perhaps, but not the majority.

I honestly don't care where the servers end up, as long as it's on a stable connection.

As was said previously, several stops are dropping packets left and right, the 250ish ms I get is acceptable to me BEFORE you calculate in the packet loss, and us rubber banding around and getting disconnected repeatedly for it.

And before anything is said in response to my post about get better internet, computer, nuclear reactor, lucky rabbits foot. Don't need it.

I played on the over the pond servers in Ultima Online for quite a while so I'm used to the slightly higher latency that is involved in getting to play with your crowd. And no that was not a *** remark, I like playing with your crowd, for the most part. Except for the OMGZ TEH STUPDS AMARIKANS R HARR..

27 (edited by CenDre 2010-12-10 23:55:03)

I say they move the servers into one of my spare bedrooms i am not using in my house. Ya know that way I could push the buttons for the server resets. ya ya I like this idea

my ping time would be like 0

I think PO is playing pretty well for a new MMO. Last new MMO I played was Fallen Earth and that was utterly useless at launch. Thing is, everyone knows PO is based in Hungary so they make jibes about it suggesting it should be hosted in a 'proper country' like the US. Maybe Fallen Earth should have been hosted in Hungary.

Silver Bacchus wrote:

I think PO is playing pretty well for a new MMO. Last new MMO I played was Fallen Earth and that was utterly useless at launch. Thing is, everyone knows PO is based in Hungary so they make jibes about it suggesting it should be hosted in a 'proper country' like the US. Maybe Fallen Earth should have been hosted in Hungary.

Fallen Earth has potential to be a good game but I think it needed a couple more years of DEV. Its nothing but a pay to beta right now if you ask me.

Some serious inferiority complexes going on in here.

I don't care where it is hosted as long as they have multiple big pipes to keep the network reliable with low latency.

i always though the OP was just joking around... lol i guess not.

anyway, keep in mind that there are several mmos, one of which i know is very big or was (ff both the new and the older one) which host their servers only in japan. The game developers will try to invest in better backbone access as money allows, meanwhile try to push your isp for better clearance to hungary (use trace routes and report the problems). no need to force them to move servers/or expect them to. Maybe when we get 500000 accounts just in the us, they might want to slip the servers but meanwhile just push for a better connection on your side, and I know they are looking to get a better one on theirs.

How many individual networks do you think you cross when you go frm anywhere in the world to the site where the servers are hosted 5....10....50?

How many of those networks have patchy performance?

How many could they avoid with intelligent routing?

How many of those networks give your packets priority over indigenous packets?

It does not mater where the servers are if Avatar can get their data prioritized for delivery across multiple networks in the fastest, most cost effective manner possible.

All Avatar need do is find a company that can do that. Seems simple enough.

34 (edited by Jeronas 2010-12-11 20:13:34)

CenDre wrote:
Silver Bacchus wrote:

Fallen Earth has potential to be a good game but I think it needed a couple more years of DEV. Its nothing but a pay to beta right now if you ask me.

And PO is not?  Sorry, but I happen to play FE myself and FE has a lot more content then PO has.
FE is just suffering from a few desing flaws that still need adressing (vendor selling mats and the Faction system). But it's overal a very good and fun game.

Guys, relax about calling me names. cool

US or Central Europe. I mentioned that in a second paragraph and I said US because that particular server hosintg company is in US. It was just to give a point... If Avatar is so limited in budget and can only afford 1 mixed server for both US and Europe then it has to be hosted somewhere in the middle or at least through a better Internet Provider. The perfect solution would be to have separate US server for people from this side of the world and have our accounts seemlessly moved.

I've never had any problems playing EVE and they are foreign company as well with one mixed server...

36 (edited by Blorturmur 2010-12-30 00:42:00)

Laserkraft wrote:
Arrogant americans!

Its the Alphabet game!

Beautiful Brazilians

I am up for anything....my ping is failing on a nightly basis...getting worse...lol

What lag?
I have 72ms...

Surge wrote:
Chief Ubenor wrote:

Basically you host the game in US... ...we gamers have much better latency, which means happier paying players - less problem for everyone.

Your arrogance astounds me. To think that "the playerbase" is you lot in the US. Get some god damn perspective. You aren't the only ones in the world (directing this at the op, not americans as a whole).

I for one would hate for the server to be moved across the pond. It wouldn't make sense anyway, considering in america you have only a handful of countries locally, whereas on the otherside of the atlantic, you are much more central to far more people.

How many English speaking players are there in game compared to other languages? You think eastern Europeans have the kind of expendable income that People in the west do? even old Europe doesn't have cash flow that the US alone has. Smart for profit business markets to those that can pay.

Blorturmur wrote:

Laserkraft wrote:
Arrogant americans!

Its the Alphabet game!

Beautiful Brazilians

Charming Chileans

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

Draz wrote:
Blorturmur wrote:

Laserkraft wrote:
Arrogant americans!

Its the Alphabet game!

Beautiful Brazilians

Charming Chileans

You called sir?

42 (edited by Shaedys 2011-01-02 00:41:54)

35 ping in the Netherlands.
I'm game.

The server is working fine. It's you, Americans, with your *** internet connections.

44 (edited by Xanopticon 2011-01-03 15:18:43)

You_See_Me_Rollin wrote:
Laserkraft wrote:

Arrogant americans! roll

Although I do agree the servers need moved, I am in the US, I don't believe to the biggest portion of the playerbase is US based. A Good part of it perhaps, but not the majority.

I honestly don't care where the servers end up, as long as it's on a stable connection.

As was said previously, several stops are dropping packets left and right, the 250ish ms I get is acceptable to me BEFORE you calculate in the packet loss, and us rubber banding around and getting disconnected repeatedly for it.

And before anything is said in response to my post about get better internet, computer, nuclear reactor, lucky rabbits foot. Don't need it.

I played on the over the pond servers in Ultima Online for quite a while so I'm used to the slightly higher latency that is involved in getting to play with your crowd. And no that was not a *** remark, I like playing with your crowd, for the most part. Except for the OMGZ TEH STUPDS AMARIKANS R HARR..

I can answer that, this is a common one, the OP was completely ignorant and kinda arrogant... all because of a view some americans have that america is the centre of the universe and people who don't live in USA don't really exist or aren't worth bothering about.  Obviously this ignorance pisses people off and they react badly and say something that sounds like they're bashing all americans, when in fact it's just the 1 or few.  This is where you come in and take it personally, when you're not the person they're talking about.  People moaning about america is a common thing only because ignorant/arrogant americans is a common thing, although to be fair it's probably not even their fault that they think like they do and it's only a few.   People not thinking enough either side. 

Just don't take it personally or get annoyed and remember they only say it because your neighbour gave them a reason to get mad.

Vortigon wrote:

Wow you actually think the Devs didn't work through the pros and cons of various server options beforehand?  You think this thread is teaching them something they didn't already know?

They are not first year IT students working from their basement you know, they don't need schoolboy advice on pricing for server hosting. lol - the arrogance is astounding.

Also although not the best commercial option in the long run, it does give me a smile to see yanks moaning about server locations the way us Europeans have done for years. 

I am sure the Devs have every intention of moving server location if it causes problems - once the game shows it's doing well and bringing in the money to make it worthwhile.  There is far more than just cost involved there are legal concerns to.

Have you seen the pictures of their office?

Xanopticon wrote:
You_See_Me_Rollin wrote:
Laserkraft wrote:

Arrogant americans! roll

I can answer that, this is a common one, the OP was completely ignorant and kinda arrogant... all because of a view some americans have that america is the centre of the universe and people who don't live in USA don't really exist or aren't worth bothering about.  Obviously this ignorance pisses people off and they react badly and say something that sounds like they're bashing all americans, when in fact it's just the 1 or few.  This is where you come in and take it personally, when you're not the person they're talking about.  People moaning about america is a common thing only because ignorant/arrogant americans is a common thing, although to be fair it's probably not even their fault that they think like they do and it's only a few.   People not thinking enough either side. 

Just don't take it personally or get annoyed and remember they only say it because your neighbour gave them a reason to get mad.

I am pretty sure last time I looked at a universe map... America was dead center.

Check your facts.

The server need to stay in Europe. A lot more people in europe play and depend of good connection then the NA do.

Agreed, and Americans actually like the higher ping they get as it gives them an excuse when they fail at pvp more.   tongue

Given typical European attitudes OP, you seem to have wasted your time.  It appears to have been well intentioned, but that seldom counts with many people. The fact that some of the eastern European telcom infrastructure is unreliable is well known in certain circles. 

This is exactly why CCP's data center is in the UK, rather than Iceland. The Dev's seem to have done a rather good job this far, and I've been amazed that its working as well as it is.  But it IS likely to become much more of a problem as the player base expands.  Moving it to one of the backbones would be a great idea for the majority of people.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

yeah, I have between 1 and 3 second lag last night and major rubber banding near the cities. unplayable.