Topic: How do the Devs view power projection?

So now what I warned you about here:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … rojection/

Has happened can we discuss what the mechanics should look like to prevent or make harder these tactics?

Sparks have to go

For Beta it's pretty obvious that it's the mechanic that increases stability without actively defending that is at fault

Gamma is a lot more difficult but as I said in the other thread I would suggest that the energy requirements for a base are high so that it takes effort to keep one active. I would further suggest that when a base goes inactive it forgoes all of its reinforcement timers. This way if a base is active its a reasonable time sink (say 20 man hours a week) and if that time sink is not kept up with the base can be completely destroyed without the defender able to use the reinforce timezones to pick a fight.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: How do the Devs view power projection?

Sparks won't go away until.

1: remote market is implemented

2: Beta/gamma island are profitable to live in

3: Beta/gamma can provide good fun without moving to alpha

That's what I think the Devs want first. Although I think they still need another nerf for now.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

That's what I think the Devs want first. Although I think they still need another nerf for now.

all three points are no reason to let spark teleport active. with the current highway speed, and all his alts and excess XP to spend on those few market extension, jita will manage to keep his market profits alive on those mere 6 terminals...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

4 (edited by Burial 2014-10-01 19:40:15)

Happened already? lol

Burial wrote:

Happened already? lol

You know what autists they are they probably did it on the first day withg days of work and shizzle.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

6 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-01 20:36:59)

Celebro wrote:

Devs have never, to my knowledge, discussed remote market and industry issues. If they have it was over year ago. Or I have just missed this huge issue. When are they doing that? And scrapping sparks after Beta/Gamma are profitable and/or fun ...that's just rubbish. If Devs want those things first they are both silent and smoking crack.

Here is Dev Zoom's last word on Sparks...

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sorry but we refuse to see spark teleport as an issue. Or if it is, it's at least equally helping the game.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/103058/#p103058

BLIND BLIND BLIND

And now with speed buff surely still BLIND to how badly Sparks are DESTROYING the game.

Sparking to other games

Jita wrote:
Burial wrote:

Happened already? lol

You know what autists they are they probably did it on the first day withg days of work and shizzle.

smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

first hour ***

Burial wrote:

Anyway, this back and forth on the forums is meaningless. What does Zoom think?

10 (edited by Burial 2014-10-02 12:41:12)

Jita wrote:
Burial wrote:

Happened already? lol

Shortsightedness at it's finest. Surprises me how far people are going to ruin their own gaming experience. Cherry on top is all the crying on the forums that there's no-one to play against. lol

Burial wrote:

Shortsightedness at it's finest. Surprises me how far people are going to ruin their own gaming experience. Cherry on top is all the crying on the forums that there's no-one to play against. lol

Well spoken, sir.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2