Re: Enforce a 1 account only rule

This is not going to happen and it is a BS idea, playing with 1 account is utterly boring and you can't rely on corpmates 100% of the time playing.

RIP PERPETUUM

Gremrod wrote:
SmokeyIndustries wrote:

Forgive my ignorance on the issue, but wouldn't it be possible to limit the amount of instances being run at the same time? I don't care if they have 100 accounts, you're only able to play 1 at a time per computer? Would there be a way to limit it so that people with multiple computers can't just bypass it that way?

Yes

Seems like that would be the way to go then if this were implemented.

Reset each other yet?

28 (edited by Gremrod 2014-09-09 20:21:51)

SmokeyIndustries wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
SmokeyIndustries wrote:

Forgive my ignorance on the issue, but wouldn't it be possible to limit the amount of instances being run at the same time? I don't care if they have 100 accounts, you're only able to play 1 at a time per computer? Would there be a way to limit it so that people with multiple computers can't just bypass it that way?

Yes

Seems like that would be the way to go then if this were implemented.

Yes was the simple answer.

But a lot of problems come with this approach. Entire blocks,  apartment buildings etc. can have the same IP address. So this type of approach could cause the game more harm then good.

Example: People in the same house would not be able to play together.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

gawd, it only needs lots of roaming npcs and gone the days of easy multiboxing and standing around on teleporters for hours, waiting for the teleport noise from someone comming through.

why should the DEVs bother with enforcing some restrictions that they cannot keep track with one late-night-CM, when they could just achieve the same, while making the game entertaining.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

30 (edited by Maidden 2014-09-10 09:34:46)

Even if a game enforces a single player account it is still quite exploitable. Some games go directly off a ISP address to enforce a single account policy. But consider each device in your home has a ISP address.

For instance, in my home I have 2 desktops, 2 laptops, 1 tab, 3 android phones, 2 game systems. Each gives a specific IP address. Thus can be used to make that single account.

Why making a single account option seem viable for this game.  With of course no alt ability. The fact would remain that alt accounts would still exist. Of course I like the idea. Would make things much more interesting. Heck, I like the idea even though I own 4 accounts with 10 alts.

But needed to share how it is still exploitable.

Then consider that ISP providers at least in my area change PID  or IP addresses once every couple of months for residential users. Talk about creating a mess :-)

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

It would be east to spot people using Alt accounts tbh and they would get reported unless you were very careful.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

32 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-10 19:18:26)

Jita wrote:

It would be east to spot people using Alt accounts tbh and they would get reported unless you were very careful.

Yeah, report those evil multi-account abusers ..ruining the game ...RUINING MY GAME

I guess to be 'careful' I will have to change my two miners names to Rex and Notrex to avoid suspicion when mining together.

Oh and my hauler Whosrex.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Jita wrote:

Yeah, report those evil multi-account abusers ..ruining the game ...RUINING MY GAME

I guess to be 'careful' I will have to change my two miners names to Rex and Notrex to avoid suspicion when mining together.

I had to login just to laugh at that.  Well done Rex, Well done LMAO

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
Jita wrote:

I had to login just to laugh at that.  Well done Rex, Well done LMAO

How embarrassing.. hmm

Reset each other yet?

Reset each other yet?

SmokeyIndustries wrote:

Reset each other yet?

Bad idea.

Is not a bad idea as soon as the player number beeing active at the same time is never below 10k.
With the current playerbase no way.

Goffer wrote:

Is not a bad idea as soon as the player number beeing active at the same time is never below 10k.

If you did it then it would kill the population. If you did it now some blowhards would whine but still keep playing.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Goffer wrote:

If you did it then it would kill the population. If you did it now some blowhards would whine but still keep playing.

I think you have the record for longest forum temper tantrum. Keep it up and it will be a long time before you're unseated.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Jita wrote:
Goffer wrote:

I think you have the record for longest forum temper tantrum. Keep it up and it will be a long time before you're unseated.

You say that thing about other people a lot but we both know 77 is full of whiny blowhard pre-madona's who rage more than anyone I ever heard.

I think your projecting and the lady doth protest too much.

Jita wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
Jita wrote:

You say that thing about other people a lot but we both know 77 is full of whiny blowhard pre-madona's who rage more than anyone I ever heard.

I think your projecting and the lady doth protest too much.

1. pre-madonna : Used by idiots who do not know the real phrase is prima donna.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p … re-madonna

Probably need to brush up a little.  Just saying.

I havent gone over all the patch notes since I left and returned yet, but EP accumulates at 1 per minute for everyone still.   What would level the playing field a bit better over multiple accounts would be tweaking the EP system.

go with something like
total ep < 50 000 you gain 1 every 10 seconds
50 000 - 100 000 = 1 every 30 seconds
100 000 - 150 000 = 1 every minute
150 000 - 200 000 = 1 every 3 minutes
ect

Eventually the vets will receive very little EP newbi's would receive a ton as they are learning their game still and grow to a marginally competitive level quickly where the vets would still have the edge of experience.        From an RP standpoint, as your get better hardware in your computers it becomes harder to continue upgrading it and finding the gear takes longer.

just my 2 cents.

We asked in the beginning for them to cut the current 1440 EP in Half to 720.

Then keep your boosters at 2160. 

By doing this, most vets stop caring after they MAX out 1 role or are content with the level of play they have.  So they would not boost their accounts.  I mean at 2 Million EP you can basically do what you want to do.  But it would close the GAP between Vets and new players faster.  It would slow the progressive snow ball the veterans have.

or conversely, you could increase the amount that the boosters give, making them all the more lucrative. The main problem  I see with widening the EP gap between those who subscribe and those who don't is that some might consider it pay to win.

46 (edited by Celebro 2014-09-27 22:11:03)

Each increase in extension level requires exponentially more EP. So EP requirements already cover to level the playing field. Once you reach the top of your specialization , EP is only used to broaden your skill set not make them any better.

RIP PERPETUUM