Topic: GAME CRIPPLING LAG

PVP is causing visual Lag in the new plants.  And players are warping back and forth.  And Around.

-Good job for not testing it on the test server btw.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: GAME CRIPPLING LAG

Ok I understand the second part but

Ville wrote:

PVP is causing visual Lag in the new plants.

...wat?

We had a fight yesterday and inside the plants players were warping around the plants visually jumping 50 M at a time making pvp almost unbearable, happened for atleast 5 people I was in coms with.

I think that happens for any blockings that you push your robot against doesn't it? So it's not specific to the "new" plants (they are not new, just visually smaller, which doesn't make a difference in this case).

And if so, that's only a client-side issue, the real (server-side) position of players is not jumping around, it's only showing for you.

Nevertheless, it's a bug. But not lag in the classic sense, and certainly not game crippling.

btw, testing almost anything "lag" related on PTS was IMHO impossible, since PTS is to my understanding still a single server in budapest hosting all island instances at once.

though... ideally, if it doesn't produce lag on the PTS it should be safe to work on the professional servers wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

That's true. Btw the lag that you experienced on the PTS a few weeks ago (?) was due to the server running in debug mode, which we turned off then. Don't know whether you still had lag there after that.

Ville wrote:

PVP is causing visual Lag in the new plants.  And players are warping back and forth.  And Around.

-Good job for not testing it on the test server btw.

IDK bro, I was fine, maybe have race drones spam support tickets over it?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

8 (edited by Race Drones 2014-09-18 22:45:51)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

IDK bro, I was fine, maybe have race drones spam support tickets over it?

No, i was fine.

My only problem was the route with dense forests with only one exit, and walked rushed to intercept the chameleon an the troiar before they reached the dock range.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

I was fine during PvP but on the way I got screen freezes (but the game itself moved at its usual pace)

i wonder if the screen freezes have to do with the way terrain gets updated (topic)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Tonnik wrote:

I was fine during PvP but on the way I got screen freezes (but the game itself moved at its usual pace)

I got screen freezes too, 3 or 4 seconds.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I think that happens for any blockings that you push your robot against doesn't it? So it's not specific to the "new" plants (they are not new, just visually smaller, which doesn't make a difference in this case).

And if so, that's only a client-side issue, the real (server-side) position of players is not jumping around, it's only showing for you.

Nevertheless, it's a bug. But not lag in the classic sense, and certainly not game crippling.

Game crippling to me is locking someone in front of me then they teleport behind me, then they teleport to the Left of me Then they are on top of me.

Game Crippling Lag is pressing space bar and seeing someone in front of you clear as day and it says blocked by obstacles, and then they warp beside you. 

I can recreate these same conditions by having more than 7 people in a small area.

Tonnik wrote:

Smokeyii was warping all over the map on my screen.  Others complained of visual players jumping around too. 

As it stands for me PVP is not viable atm.

14 (edited by Maidden 2014-09-19 20:50:04)

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Game crippling to me is locking someone in front of me then they teleport behind me, then they teleport to the Left of me Then they are on top of me.

Game Crippling Lag is pressing space bar and seeing someone in front of you clear as day and it says blocked by obstacles, and then they warp beside you. 

I can recreate these same conditions by having more than 7 people in a small area.

That is what happens when you sit in a BIG FAT slow bot :-P And your opponent is in a fast wiry bot with the skills to use it :-P
The dynamics of pvp have changed. You need to get with the program!
Quit complaining to Zoom over a dynamic change. It is not a bug!

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Can you stop trolling the Bug forums?

Ville wrote:

A bug would mean that there is something wrong with a program that causes the end user's to not allow a function to run properly. A function changes due to new parameters or dynamics to said program regardless if it is advantageous or disadvantageous to the user. Does not mean it is a BUG!

Your entire post Ville is nothing more than complaining over a parameter that takes away a advantage that you had in gameplay. That again does not mean it is a bug. It just means your gameplay must change.

As to lag? There is none. In fact the performance has improved quite a bit since the patch. Besides lag is often associated with Pre-DSL/Broadband. Lag existed within the modem era.

As to trolling. Telling the obvious truth about a situation is not trolling. But making "false" claims in a original post could be considered trolling.

I personally prefer to "flame" and not troll. Which is what I did considering your misunderstanding of what a bug is. So I am glad I helped clarify your current situation within the game. While the new gameplay is disadvantageous to what it was pre patch for you. Does not mean a developer needs to revert or change back a patch because of it. Especially when many players outside of yourself really like the changes.

Sincerely Maidden

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

Maidden wrote:
Ville wrote:

A bug would mean that there is something wrong with a program that causes the end user's to not allow a function to run properly. A function changes due to new parameters or dynamics to said program regardless if it is advantageous or disadvantageous to the user. Does not mean it is a BUG!

Your entire post Ville is nothing more than complaining over a parameter that takes away a advantage that you had in gameplay. That again does not mean it is a bug. It just means your gameplay must change.

As to lag? There is none. In fact the performance has improved quite a bit since the patch. Besides lag is often associated with Pre-DSL/Broadband. Lag existed within the modem era.

As to trolling. Telling the obvious truth about a situation is not trolling. But making "false" claims in a original post could be considered trolling.

I personally prefer to "flame" and not troll. Which is what I did considering your misunderstanding of what a bug is. So I am glad I helped clarify your current situation within the game. While the new gameplay is disadvantageous to what it was pre patch for you. Does not mean a developer needs to revert or change back a patch because of it. Especially when many players outside of yourself really like the changes.

Sincerely Maidden

WTF is wrong with you?

Sparking to other games

18 (edited by Maidden 2014-09-20 12:52:11)

Rex Amelius wrote:
Maidden wrote:
Ville wrote:

Sincerely Maidden

WTF is wrong with you?

Drunk... nothing wrong here. Something wrong with you?

Terrible spy is terrible

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Tried it again last night, people were still warp back and forth.  Terrible Game is Terrible.

Ville wrote:

Tried it again last night, people were still warp back and forth.  Terrible Game is Terrible.

close that other game where you are waiting to get onto a server.

PVP Farmville online, no thanks.

Ville wrote:

PVP Farmville online, no thanks.

How long are the ques now Ville?

250 atm.