Re: Station locking

Burial wrote:

Crepitus: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ot-speeds/

Robots will gain a fixed 36kmph speed increase and highways and teleport network gets an overhaul.

Awesome, thanks for the link.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Syndic wrote:

Since you and Jita don't really consider the bigger picture or the implications when you inform us of your entitlement to "X", removing docking rights would actually decrease PVP and the already slim reasons to PVP. Ownership of a station and it's subsequent perks of facilities, docking rights, and station auras is a very slim reason to incentivise corporations into making an effort and capturing their own outpost.

Therefore, it only has direct benefit to your cascaded alliance, since it would only serve to allow you to pursue your modus operandi of avoiding PVP risk and reaping benefits of Epri mining - while having our own stations be a convenient place for you to dock up in case stuff looks risky.

Which after all, is why this came up in the first place. It's not about the game or about the new players - it's all about how JOKE & STC are entitled to be on Beta and it's horribly wrong they're not allowed to be on Beta by other players.

Let's cut through the bullshit. Why do you think Betas are empty and PVP is virtually dead?

Because your afraid to lose a Bot?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

My personal favorite, " Game crippling lag while I'm quad boxing!"?

30 (edited by Crepitus 2014-09-04 17:56:08)

Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Since you and Jita don't really consider the bigger picture or the implications when you inform us of your entitlement to "X", removing docking rights would actually decrease PVP and the already slim reasons to PVP. Ownership of a station and it's subsequent perks of facilities, docking rights, and station auras is a very slim reason to incentivise corporations into making an effort and capturing their own outpost.

Therefore, it only has direct benefit to your cascaded alliance, since it would only serve to allow you to pursue your modus operandi of avoiding PVP risk and reaping benefits of Epri mining - while having our own stations be a convenient place for you to dock up in case stuff looks risky.

Which after all, is why this came up in the first place. It's not about the game or about the new players - it's all about how JOKE & STC are entitled to be on Beta and it's horribly wrong they're not allowed to be on Beta by other players.

Let's cut through the bullshit. Why do you think Betas are empty and PVP is virtually dead?

Well, you didn't ask me specifically, but I think the Game is empty, and it follows then that Beta would be empty, and since you mostly have to be on Beta to PvP it follows that PvP would be also happen at greatly reduced rate as well.  I've already stated multiple times why I think the game is empty; it has nothing to do with Beta access nor PvP.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Initia for rent!  Contact Crusader in game!

You can't just throw it on low population. PVP was scarce even directly after the Steam launch when subtracting all the Norhoop kills. I'm not saying that closed stations are the sole reasons for PVP being dead but having them open would be way better instigator than waiting for anyone to attack your over-sized alliance.

33 (edited by Gremrod 2014-09-04 18:30:02)

Burial wrote:

You can't just throw it on low population. PVP was scarce even directly after the Steam launch when subtracting all the Norhoop kills. I'm not saying that closed stations are the sole reasons for PVP being dead but having them open would be way better instigator than waiting for anyone to attack your over-sized alliance.

Why now and not 1 year ago? This is what causes all the knee jerky etc.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

lol at crepitus... thats the "what came first - chicken or egg" discussion.
even when the game was "not empty", there was not as much PvP as a game of this type should have going on. But thats offtopic.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gremrod wrote:
Burial wrote:

We opened all our outposts.

Burial wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Burial wrote:

and when you did it encouraged corps to go out and live there, made people come back for pvp and caused the beginning of the next great war.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Burial wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Burial wrote:

But now you want to take that choice away. Soon there will be no player/corp choices to make in this game.

Jita wrote:
Burial wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

and when you did it encouraged corps to go out and live there, made people come back for pvp and caused the beginning of the next great war.

You mean the 30 people that were playing the game for the last year?

Annihilator wrote:

lol at crepitus... thats the "what came first - chicken or egg" discussion.

Not really, you can't have PvP without players AND a reason to go there.  Our alliance thrives on PvP.  It's the main reason most of us play, and the reason the minecraft and space engineers servers are more active than this one currently.  For us, PvP is the reason to be on Beta, but most players/groups aren't that way, they need more incentives.

Population graphs

Jita wrote:

Locking stations is a good mechanic and needed for end game Beta control when the population of the game is such that its useful. When the population is low it just serves as a disincentive to living on Beta and reduces the amount of possible PvP.

I suggest suspending the station lock mechanic until the population returns to reasonable levels and it is once again needed as an extra element of Beta ownership.

=====================================================

Jita wrote:

Locking stations is a good mechanic and needed for end game Beta control

Correct.

So because of low population there is no end game content?

Because of low population that means a game mechanic needs to change?

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

Locking stations is a good mechanic and needed for end game Beta control when the population of the game is such that its useful. When the population is low it just serves as a disincentive to living on Beta and reduces the amount of possible PvP.

I suggest suspending the station lock mechanic until the population returns to reasonable levels and it is once again needed as an extra element of Beta ownership.

=====================================================

Jita wrote:

Locking stations is a good mechanic and needed for end game Beta control

Correct.

So because of low population there is no end game content?

Because of low population that means a game mechanic needs to change?

Absolutely. The same mechanics for a mature game with a couple of thousand players will not work on one with 200. Another good example of this would be NPC sell and buy orders.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

The same mechanics for a mature game with a couple of thousand players will not work on one with 200. Another good example of this would be NPC sell and buy orders.

I am not sure I agree that NPC orders are the same as mechanics. But okay....

What else should be changed or removed due to low pop?

I use to think that the dev created chat channels needed to be removed with the exception of the HELP channel.

Burial wrote:

Jita wrote:

These two posts summarize what I've said.

This request has nothing to do with making the game better. It is self-serving entitlement, stemming from a desire for Beta without risk or incentive, nothing more.

PVP is out there 24/7 waiting. Hit one of our stations, we will come and you will have PVP.

And if our 2 corps of maybe 70 individuals are an over-sized alliance, then just shut the game down.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Thats encouraging emergent gameplay big_smile

Encourages Jita to mine epriton without capturing a station and having a convenient place to dock-up at and dodge PVP.

wink

CIR Complaint Form

Sounds like more opportunity for kills. Thanks for agreeing finally.

I'm not agreeing with you, I'm recognizing your awareness of your impotence and pointing out the logical flaws in it.

CIR Complaint Form

That's hot nothing to do with stations. Having open stations encourages their use. This increases PvP. Simples.

Having open stations encourages nothing. It allows you to feed in to your risk-aversion and dodge PVP.

When we returned to the game, all of the Beta stations were closed to us. We kicked in the door and opened them.

Why don't you do the same?

CIR Complaint Form

50 (edited by Burial 2014-09-04 20:36:56)

What made you think we are after stations.. ? All I personally want is more people on Betas to shoot at. I want roaming PVP to be viable again like it was when I started playing the game.