Topic: Lag while accepting and delivering missions

When im delivering or accepting my assingments there seems to be a small delay after wich i cant really do anything.

The assignments seem to bounce around 2 times.
And whatever i click it doesnt work untill the assignments stop bouncing around.
After carefull watching and discussion withing the corp we have come to the believe that the longer your assignment log the longer it seems to take.

When i started running transports with a new charachter it didnt really seem to matter at the beginning but slowly it started appearing.

Maybe other people are having this problem aswell and maybe reall maybe you guys can adress it

Thank for reading

Re: Lag while accepting and delivering missions

Its because it loads all your recent relation changes or recently completed missions.

They patched it lately so it doesnt load all your relation changes when you open your bio because it caused tons of lag.  I suspect something similar is going on here.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

i think one of the problems here is, that the logs are seperated by time, not by entries.

if your running hundreds of missions on the same day, it will still create the freeze AFAIK.

Fix: Too long logs (transaction, relation etc.) caused client lag and crash/freeze problems when opening the Agent profile and Corporation management windows. These logs can now be viewed in 2-day steps.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Any idea if this is being addressed in tomorrows patch?

I got it from a reliable source that they have a idea how to fix it.

Im not sure if it will be in the patch

Guess its not in this patch unless they stealth patched it.

Same problem for me,i try to finish asigments and for each completed the game freezes for a few seconds,regardless on which pc i play(i have two).Im doing transport and waiting for 6 assigments to freze for aprox. 10 sec and complete in terminal screen is a real pain.Any fix or patch for it?:(

This happens to me ALL the time.  I have even already posted a couple threads about it. 

Basically, what was suggested for me to do was this ...

when you dock, open the Assignments acceptance / delivery pane. 

Next, double click (or open) every assignment you are going to accept. 

After that, do the same thing for the assignments you are going to turn in. 

Close the assignment acceptance / delivery pane and deliver ALL the assignments and accept your new ones. 

I do this now, its a slight pita, but it makes the 'freezing' vanish entirely. 

I highly suggest, if you are like me, you write down the assignments you do not turn in on a list with the station and other info you require.  As, I always have 6 assignments, I therefore can only turn in and grab 4 per station.  So, 2 are not being turned in each time I dock. 

Ok, thats my assistance.  I wish you the best of luck.

-Veliera

9 (edited by DEV Gargaj 2011-04-15 14:28:20)

Out of curiousity, how many items do you have in your mission history on one single page?

EDIT: Disregard that, I su^H^H checked it. We'll be working on a fix.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

There was a fix for this and all logs in a recent patch, anyone still having issues?