Topic: PVP Tournament!!!!!!!!

Neoxx and I have been working on possibly making a player driven pvp tournament for people who are tired of the blob vs blob tactics that are currently going on in pvp.  This would be a joint opperation by all the major corporations involved, but would be open for all to compete in.  A committee would be made from represtitives of the major corps to work out the rules from the basics that Neoxx and I made, and with the enforcment and security of the tournament to make sure no one corp can rig the matches.
This is just a skeleton of the rules.
Rules:

Arena:  The arena will be a 1km x 1km area that will be marked out by field containers with a ref or two patrolling the area to make sure no competitors leave the area.  A competitor leaving the area will automatically end the match and his team will get a dq.  The arena would be on a alpha island so only those involved would be flagged. Each team would set up on opposite sides to prevent from early locking and will flag themselves in this area. We will have a ref making sure that people are flagged and remain flagged during the match.

Bots/Mods/Ammo: Bots can only be fitted with standard mods and ammo ( we will have refs doing chasis and cargo scans) this prevents cheating and bringing in factional ammo and tier mods.  Armor reppers and shields are allowed.  The tournament to start off with will be limited to assault bots and lower.  Bot sizes and types will be limited ex: you can have 6 assault bots max and only 3 of 1 type such as baphomet.

arke/arke mk2-6pts-max of 8
light bot-7pts-max of 8- 4 of 1 type ex: yagel
ewar bot-9pts-max of 4- 2 of 1 type ex: intakt
assualt bot-10pts-max of 6- 3 of 1 type ex: baphomet

Spectating/Security:  Spectating will be limited to a safe area with security patroling the arena.  Security will be made of teams of 5 all from different corps to make sure 1 corps doesnt run all security making it unsafe.

Committee: The rules and ref committee will be made up of all the major corps to make it as impartial as possible.  I would also like to get one person who isnt part of one of the big alliances to represent the rest who will be picked by the people.  The committee members will not be able to compete in the tourney but will help run it. If your team is one of the ones competing you will not take part in the refereeing at that time to keep it impartial.

Shoutcasting:  We would like to get 2-3 people who know the game to possibly shoutcast matches in vent/ts3 channel.  The shoutcasters should be knowledgable and impartial. 

This again is a very skeletal run down of the rules we were working on it and would take imput from all people to work this.

The main part of this post is to see if the interest is there amongst the people.

Re: PVP Tournament!!!!!!!!

This is a terrible idea... oh wait smile

good luck with that security big_smile

Sounds fun.. to gate crash. smile

The Game

I hope you guys are just kidding about destroying it before it even gets going, let it get established first before you attack at least.

Not saying that you can't do it at some point, I'm not even suggesting you shouldn't do it as everything should have to defend itself, but let it get started first.

The concept of players creating in game content can only be good for the game and a few successes will bolster that and encourage more of it. There's another post that just started asking when new content was going to be available...

I actually would encourage gate crashers to come out and play to! Just give it time to organize instead of showing up at the first event, later on it will be more fun for you to crash... I promise.

Arga wrote:

I hope you guys are just kidding about destroying it before it even gets going, let it get established first before you attack at least.

Not saying that you can't do it at some point, I'm not even suggesting you shouldn't do it as everything should have to defend itself, but let it get started first.

The concept of players creating in game content can only be good for the game and a few successes will bolster that and encourage more of it. There's another post that just started asking when new content was going to be available...

I actually would encourage gate crashers to come out and play to! Just give it time to organize instead of showing up at the first event, later on it will be more fun for you to crash... I promise.

You do know that x-23 is in the same alliance as M2S so we're unlikely to gate crash unless it's a joke team wink

7 (edited by Arga 2010-12-15 23:42:07)

Shew ... smile

Don't let that stop you from crashing the party after its established though, keep the bouncers on guard!

Edit: I was so trolled, GJ!! ))

This is a great idea, makes me want to be a combat pilot.

9 (edited by Neoxx 2010-12-16 03:56:16)

We are looking for prominent members of any corporation to be involved in this.  As many that are willing and able will be welcome to join us.  Contact me on the forums of in game.  In game PM is preferred so we can work things out quickly and answer any questions you may have.

We will be talking to any people interested in crashing the events to dissuade them if at all possible.  Especially since M2S is the most likely candidate for this, I should be able to keep them away for at least a little while.

If you are interested in registering for a fight, simply post it here.  Your group doesnt have to be a particular size, just fit within the point and bot restrictions.

If you're an industry player, you might consider fitting an Argano with remote reps.  Sorry, mechs (Termis RR) will not be allowed at this time.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Due to the recent slander of our corporation by your alliance we would like to withdrawn our offer for participation. 

Thank you.

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

HereticZero wrote:

Due to the recent slander of our corporation by your alliance we would like to withdrawn our offer for participation. 

Thank you.

Whatever.  You apparently cant differentiate from a corp and its individual members acting independently.  This is not being run by M2S/IBM, funded by them, or even supported on a corp level.

We have not acted differently with this "slander" than we have acted toward any corporation including Enclave in the past.  So you originally decided to participate knowing this, with the knowledge that we would likely continue our actions as usual.  I sense that you are doing this as a 'power play' if you will, because you had nothing else.

And I never even said anything in that thread, I just posted because I really had no clue what was going on at the time lol.

For any other of you thinking about participating in this in any way, I guarantee you that this is completely separate from M2S and IBM, and our actions as a corp do not reflect anything with this.  If you expect more friendly corp relations you are wrong.  We will have fun and whatnot during these fights, but beta is still beta.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki