1 (edited by Skrahg 2010-12-15 15:15:55)

Topic: got Error while installing Perpetuum (C++ error)

hey guys, im getting this error while installing Perpetuum. im getting this while running Perpetuum Updater, i will show the error from the screenshot i took.
heres the screenshot :
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx91 … lerror.jpg

i even tried reinstalling it twice but i got the same error.
so what happened was, after it forces to close because of the error and if i try running Perpetuum again, it will just continue the update with something like 90mb left to download. and after downloading i will be able to play the game.

so im just wondering why im getting that error. does it affect my game in the long run? i mean will it corrupt some file or even my whole game file? im just worried about that.

P.S.
*it runs perfect and i never had a problem installing it in my other computer with the same hardware/software setup.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
i7 860 @ 3.15Ghz
GeForce GTX 480
8 GB 1333 Mhz RAM

thanks in advance. smile

Re: got Error while installing Perpetuum (C++ error)

i have got the same problem,  "runtime error", tried few computers, same thing happens when the game is downloading.

Head Mark wrote:

i have got the same problem,  "runtime error", tried few computers, same thing happens when the game is downloading.

were u able to play it? and tried running it again and it will just continue to download whats left to download? coz thats what happen to mine.

This is a common issue with their installing. It used to work fine but recently it started crashing.

The biggest problem is that if you're connection isn't stable you'll get kicked every time your lose a packet or have a wobble.

As for the run time errors, that's just the installer being crap. Keep trying, it does work. The games but less crashy than the installer. Well, a little anyway.

The Game

5 (edited by Where 2010-12-19 07:16:20)

hey lads. got an new computer yesterday and tryed to install perpetuum 3 times, every time i get this c++ error when the download/install is at 60-70%

Runtime Error!

program C:\Games\Perpetuum\Perpetuum.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an
unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

any idee how to solve this?

'sorry for posting in wrong window''
and you can remove this thread, i just found an other one with the same problem

I believe this error is rather common, restarting the EXE should continue the download from where it crashed. If not try a reinstall of the EXE and let it download the GBF again.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

I believe this error is rather common, restarting the EXE should continue the download from where it crashed. If not try a reinstall of the EXE and let it download the GBF again.

This worked. The download was extremely frustrating for me. It took me 3 hours on a cable connection to download PO due to constant and I mean constant crashes. Just keep restarting the download and as Alex said it will start from where you crashed.

this sounds more like an bugreport then something to "discuss"

*merged*

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Skrahg wrote:

hey guys, im getting this error while installing Perpetuum. im getting this while running Perpetuum Updater, i will show the error from the screenshot i took.
heres the screenshot :
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx91 … lerror.jpg

i even tried reinstalling it twice but i got the same error.

Can I contact you in email?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Better yet, can I contact ANY OF YOU who can reproduce this problem 100% in email?

It's very easy to reproduce. All you need is an unstable connection. I had the issue the other week when my internet crapped out and I thought my client was broken.

The Game

And do you get the runtime error too?

Runtime Error!

program C:\Games\Perpetuum\Perpetuum.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an
unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Every 2 teleports.
Have fully updated and restored the GPU drivers, runtime enviroment, W7 and DirectX.

Running an i7 860 8gb ram, W7 64bit with dual 5750's off an SSD with Sata storage drives.

Just redownloading to reinstall the client, if it stays the same it'll be every 2 teleports again

I deployed a new installer today, so if you could try reinstalling with that, it might fix the problem.