Topic: Completely random client freezing

I am having this weird problem where my client randomly will lock up.

My drivers are up to date aswell as directX
My CPU and memory are at about 50% useage when playing the game.
I play in full screenmode, with all the GFX maxed out and the game runs smooth...

Just randomly it will lock up, i can still move my mouse around or i can alt tab and get into task manager to close the client if it takes to long to unfreeze.

Any ideas? Comp is a Nvidia/intel combo i built and its running on windows 7.

Re: Completely random client freezing

turned shadows off, put it in window mode..  did it again sad

might be a stupid suggestion, but .. have you cleaned your pc this month? (or recently) u might just want to check on temps, usually if the cpu goes in to overheat it will cause the pc to shut down, but if a video card is just starting to over heat it can crash graphical programs (ex: perpetuum). Check the temps, or just clean it out good, pcs = vacums tongue (btw DONT use a vacum to clean it, just clean fresh air as in bike pump/pc canned air).

Does it happen at specific times, like opening your agent profile for example?

I get it on my mission running indi guy because of the sheer volume of information that is loaded from agent profile. Also accepting/delivering assignments has a little lockup. Moving things around in storage is also taxing.

been cleaned recently, i got my temps and ect up at all times its not overheating or anything like that.

not specific times, completely random. Its happend opening my extensions and its happend just walking to a different area.

I also want to note it did not do this when i started playing the game, i want to say the patch that made it so you needed folders to run the client twice on the same computer is when i noticed it.

This is unplayable for me atm sometimes the freezing doesnt happen for a long time, others it happens every few mins.

I want to play this game but theres no point right now because im going to keep losing bots and *** from locking up in combat.

search the web, u should be able to find a program called "pc-check v6.21", its a harder testing tool, run it and get a full hw test done on all ur hw (minus usb/floppy/cd). Could be a hw issue... once u took care of that then we can take care of the software possibility.