Topic: EWars OP?

I would like to get your opinions on the topic. It seems to me the Intakt is extremely OP.

They have the ability to outrun anyone if skilled/equipped correctly.
They can lock onto you from a further range than you can.
They can sensor jam you every 10 seconds.
They can suppress you every 5 seconds.
They can immobilize you for by 35% repeatedly for stacked, diminishing returns.
They can equip two weapons, but since you can't lock or run, it's enough to kill you.
They have high damage resists so if you happen to jump them, you probably won't win.

Tell me I'm wrong please.
Devs?

Re: EWars OP?

Teliren wrote:

They have the ability to outrun anyone if skilled/equipped correctly.

That speed comes with a prize: lwf reducing their hitpoints and they probably dont have a repair equipped

Teliren wrote:

They can lock onto you from a further range than you can.

Thats true, for bots and assaults, doesnt matter so much for mechs.

Teliren wrote:

They can sensor jam you every 10 seconds.

Chance to hit with ECM is "their EW strength" / "your Sensor Strength" - which means, an itakt wont have more then 50% chance to hit you in an assault, while the ECM itself takes massive AP
Equip a ECCM and sensor amp, and your pretty save from ECM from an intakt

Teliren wrote:

They can suppress you every 5 seconds.

Same as for ECM, equip a ECCM and it wont hit you every time

Teliren wrote:

They can immobilize you for by 35% repeatedly for stacked, diminishing returns.

Fit armor plate, and you gain resistances against Demob

Teliren wrote:

They can equip two weapons, but since you can't lock or run, it's enough to kill you.

If your in a situation where you get killed by a single player intakt, then you did something wrong.

Teliren wrote:

They have high damage resists so if you happen to jump them, you probably won't win.

A propper skilled Waspish can kill Intakt in two volleys max.  (~same invested EP)

Certain Ewar perhaps is OP.  Being about to move faster and slow down your target means you have no risk fighting up to 2 to 1 odds against you if not more.  Being able to prevent your target from locking you means you have a high chance of defeating your opponent.

Seems like this game's PvP is going to be focused on who has the bigger Ewar squad and according to some players Intakt > all Ewar anyway.

Doesn't seem very well balanced when a large portion of the player base uses 1 bot.  tongue  Dead give away is the market, plenty of Intakts being made, pretty much no other Ewar.  lol

The advertisement videos are great, just that the actual game is nothing like it.  sad

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

Great points there Annihilator however even with Waspish for example not using ECCM they can have locking speed increased and range reduced with a suppressor that has a base 70% to hit.  The optimal range of suppressor is 300m where the optimal range of missles is 150m-180m with a locking range of 160m on a Waspish.  Given that Ewar are faster, even without a demobilizer all an Ewar has to do is run out of locking range every few seconds to break lock then come back and keep hitting a Waspish.  Seen it happen.

HereticZero wrote:

Great points there Annihilator however even with Waspish for example not using ECCM they can have locking speed increased and range reduced with a suppressor that has a base 70% to hit.  The optimal range of suppressor is 300m where the optimal range of missles is 150m-180m with a locking range of 160m on a Waspish.  Given that Ewar are faster, even without a demobilizer all an Ewar has to do is run out of locking range every few seconds to break lock then come back and keep hitting a Waspish.  Seen it happen.

The flaw in this reasoning is that no one with half a brain out there is PvPing 1v1 on a beta Island. Only people going around solo are arkhe scouts and patrols.

This is a Corp/Squad game, so balancing has to revolve around that concept.

6 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-13 03:46:05)

ENCLV are crying because they undocked a Waspish from an outpost that had an Intakt outside and then went on to fight. Waspish can easily out repair the Intakts damage but 1 on 1 it couldn't kill it.

Then reinforcements rolled up and the Waspish as well as his Guardian Sequer (Yeah, a Sequer deployed to distract us in an attempt to get the Waspish PVP flag off) and both died.

Q.Q

Next time fit two amps and an ECCM. Would have been a different story. You could have at least waited out your PVP flag rather than keep aggressing. Maybe next time you bring a spoon to a knife fight you'll call primaries and maybe even kill someone before you all die.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

ENCLV are crying because they undocked a Waspish from an outpost that had an Intakt outside and then went on to fight. Waspish can easily out repair the Intakts damage but 1 on 1 it couldn't kill it.

Then reinforcements rolled up and the Waspish as well as his Guardian Sequer (Yeah, a Sequer deployed to distract us in an attempt to get the Waspish PVP flag off) and both died.

Q.Q

Next time fit two amps and an ECCM. Would have been a different story. You could have at least waited out your PVP flag rather than keep aggressing. Maybe next time you bring a spoon to a knife fight you'll call primaries and maybe even kill someone before you all die.

Ahh, I see, I see, you could have just typed "We blew up their bots, so they are QQing" XD
Only thing I see that needs a nerf right now is the Arkhe respawn rate. Nothing like a never ending army of Arkhes to kill your day.

Asuma you are right, no one should 1v1, doesn't change what I'm saying.  Still little to no risk running Ewar even if it's an even fight of 5v5 or 10v10.

Alex thanks for the advice.

EWar bots die all the time because they have to stick their *** in the meat grinder when they want to demob something.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Ewar is the small PVP king. Assaults are the blob king.

The Game

I think the issue is supression and demob stacking. Seems to me that with appropriate extensions, even 1 of these effects from a standard mod is enough of a debuff to severly cripple a target. 2 is overkill and likely what is causing the majority of the whine.

Correct me if I am wrong, but neither require primary target to function? Seems it would be a nerf, but not a gamebreaking one. Maybe some numbers would need tweaking additionally, but Intakts are just ridiculous, and I say that as someone who uses one.

12 (edited by Kaito Kurusaki 2010-12-13 22:39:53)

Intakts may be able to stay at range and do dmg, but you should have all the time in the world to get back to a station. Or simply just kite around a tree until he gets bored and leave. Let your SAR running and ask a corpmate to give you a hand whitin the next hour.

Quick teorycrafting would suggest that high skilled troiars have the highest chance of killing an assualt bot. Get in close with Shield + draines/neuts until the assualt is empty and demobbed. Then switch to missiles. You will be very slow and food to any groups or intakts though. Definatly not something I would solo roam with inside enemy territory. Cool baitship though.

Charmelons got good dmg. Scary in groups. But for 1vs1 they are simply too unreliable. You have to fight whitin the locking range of the *** and will most likely be demobbed and trippleshotted once ECM fails.

So as summary i'd say that Intakts and Troiars have a reliable 'chance' to kill an assualt in 1vs1, but as mentioned the TTK makes it unrealistic. EW bots are good to gank arganos behind enemy lines, but I think their 1vs1 effectiveness stops there.

Most important Fit a Demob. Intakts may seem like there op but they have very low DPS and once demobbed they are slow.  a skilled assault should be able to tank there DPS. Other then that dont suck

I do believe pics or it didn't happen rule applies here Alexander.

Group of 10-12 ewars, each fitted with 2 fittings max can pretty much stand for a 4 FULL fitted ewars, but they are 3 times more effective if cooperating correctly due to their amazing speed if they have 2 fittings only per each player.

This is something what is OP and I dont like fight to tbh.

Vesin wrote:

Most important Fit a Demob. Intakts may seem like there op but they have very low DPS and once demobbed they are slow.  a skilled assault should be able to tank there DPS. Other then that dont suck

You will never get in range to demob a good intakt pilot. Fit an extra sensor amplifier instead.

17 (edited by Kaito Kurusaki 2010-12-27 11:02:23)

Blaster wrote:

Group of 10-12 ewars, each fitted with 2 fittings max can pretty much stand for a 4 FULL fitted ewars, but they are 3 times more effective if cooperating correctly due to their amazing speed if they have 2 fittings only per each player.

This is something what is OP and I dont like fight to tbh.

Personally I don't like how mass affects speed. A fully fitted EW Intakt looses 14kmh when you compare it to a 2laser/lwf/demob. In groups this doesn't matter, but you need the extra speed to run solo.

I like Intakts as they are because of their survivability.

I can't do nearly as much damage as a mech, so I think it's balanced.

You titled the thread EWars OP?, then singled out the Intakt. How are the other 2 Ewar bots not OP then? Cameleons make good remote rep platforms, Troiars have the best range, and both of them go fast too.

You're an Asintec player, are you making this post out of guilt?

Reactor......ONLINE
Sensors......ONLINE
Weapons......ONLINE
All systems nominal.

ask HUN they play only ew:lol:

MEUH wrote:

ask HUN they play only ew:lol:

lol

toiar is sad face at this thread

23 (edited by Provos 2010-12-30 11:33:04)

Every time you die, instead if immediately exclaiming "Overpowered, hack, unbalanced" etc.  Maybe you should try thinking long and hard about what you could have done to change the outcome, and then actually put it into practice / testing.

Much like when certain corp got trolled or called "dumb pubbies", by (ex)alliance members, instead of getting all butthurt and crying about it, maybe you should have tried examining why it is they are saying this, listen to what is being said, or find out what could be changed.

It's something some like to call "listening and/or learning" or even "learning from mistakes".

Alexander wrote:

Next time fit two amps and an ECCM (*or web). Would have been a different story. You could have at least waited out your PVP flag rather than keep aggressing. Maybe next time you bring a spoon to a knife fight you'll call primaries and maybe even kill someone before you all die.

This man knows what he's talking about, and actually has experience to back up what he's saying. Maybe you should look into his advice, I even bolded the important parts for you.
Just like those silly books in school.

Much like this morning when a couple of us were roaming in ewars, we found 2x ENCLV mining in Arkhes, with a Waspish guarding. lol
My partner stated "we should not engage, he will 2x volley us both", as he was aware of this very real possibility through experience and knowledge.  Never the less we decided we'd play around, got him to flag, and witnessed a lock range of only 1 amp, and saw it take 5x volleys to pop an unfit arkhe scout, shot undocked multiple times and finally came out with a single laser to annoy him. (flag bait)

Needless to say, he died.

Now he could learn from this mistake, and realize he should be docking up instead of taking bait until his missile skills improve, or stay near the station at least and let his flag drop instead of following 300m for an Arkhe kill.  As well as realizing if he'd had another amp and web, he could have easily taken at least 1 of us with him, if not both and come out still alive.

But knowing your corp like i've come to know it so far, through my observations and learning, it's much more likely he will simply go on thinking  "2x ewar > 1 Waspish" , and dispatch any learning to be had from this experience.

Neoxx wrote:

EWar bots die all the time because they have to stick their *** in the meat grinder when they want to demob something.

rofl....

What are the chances of you removing the guns off ewar bots ?