1 (edited by Burial 2015-07-21 21:45:27)

Topic: Assignment distances on Betas

Out of the dozen assignments I did on Tellesis, they rarely got me much further than 1k from the terminal.

Will it stay the same on Betas?

Players being able to grind 100mil/h within 1km from an outpost/terminal seems wrong risk/reward. The distance to the closest assignment location on Betas should be 2km.

As a side question.. do you have any plans to battle the inflation?

Re: Assignment distances on Betas

i can answer the last question:

removal of static spawns, increasing the value of kernels, fragments and such wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Burial 2015-07-21 21:54:54)

NIC needs to be removed from the circulation at a similar rate it's added, somehow. When the system rewards someone 1 million, it should claim the 1 million back somewhere else.

Back with broken beacons, we had terraforming charges that were expensive as *** and only way to get them was for NIC.

i am 100% sure, there is nothing.

for 4 years i'm already asking for NIC sinks that affect those with to much of it, but never did they implement anything meaningfull.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I'm getting mixed messages here. There was "too much risk on betas with not enough rewards" and now it's "too much reward to the point of inflation"? Did the risk change somehow? Because if not, then the only thing we have to do is lowering the rewards.

how do you keep the risk level up 24h the day, for a 10 player vet group that can shut off the whole island from any pvp risk?

does that group get the same reward for the lower risk?

Well that's the beauty of betas isn't it? Risk isn't constant, otherwise we would just need to add an island-wide AoE damage effect smile

I think 1km from station is great.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

but that was the issue with beacons

you made them "group content" with all those waves.

then someone (like everyone who put even the slightest thought on it) had the idea to put as many beacons together and let the NPCs kill each other via explosion damage.

suddenly a single player with two accounts could grind 100's of the hardest beacons with zero diffuculty, but full reward.

Perhaps there could be a baseline reward, somewhere around 40M/hr for someone ninja-missioning on Beta (still better then farming on Alpha), but doubled by a station aura (to stimulate owning a station and promoting active gameplay).

Naismith wrote:

Perhaps there could be a baseline reward, somewhere around 40M/hr for someone ninja-missioning on Beta (still better then farming on Alpha), but doubled by a station aura (to stimulate owning a station and promoting active gameplay).

In an argano with syndicate miners.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.