1 (edited by Burial 2015-07-15 11:25:23)

Topic: Production bonuses: Alpha vs Beta

Why are the production bonuses the same on Alpha and Beta terminals when one is in PVP zone?
What's the incentive for doing any production there?

Re: Production bonuses: Alpha vs Beta

in an npc owned terminal, none.

In an outpost you get the nic all back.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Beta terminals should have 100 point factory and refinery, and Beta outposts should get a couple of extra upgrades.

hmm... let me see here:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … a-station/

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … facilitys/

It's on my todo to check the facility points of all terminals and make changes if necessary.

Good to hear, can be closed then I guess.

It makes sense right?  Beta npc owned terminals have more production % than alpha 2s??

Player owned and lockable beta stations should be vastly superior to alpha 2 and npc beta terminals in terms of production and benefit from owning a station.

First goal of a new corporation getting fat on alpha should be to invest and risk assets to capture their own beta station.

It stimulates the economy and PVP.

Unlocked NPC terminals on Beta should not be anything as good as owning a station (and investing the effort and assets involved in keeping it stable).

Naismith wrote:

Player owned and lockable beta stations should be vastly superior to alpha 2 and npc beta terminals in terms of production and benefit from owning a station.

First goal of a new corporation getting fat on alpha should be to invest and risk assets to capture their own beta station.

It stimulates the economy and PVP.

Unlocked NPC terminals on Beta should not be anything as good as owning a station (and investing the effort and assets involved in keeping it stable).

I agree there should be a sliding scale:

Alpha 1 central station 10% efficiency
Alpha 1 outer stations 15% efficiency
Alpha 2 30% efficiency
Beta 1 beta stations 50% efficiency
Beta 1 outposts 65% efficiency (once owned and fully upgraded) (unlockable)
Beta 2 outposts 90% efficiency (once owned and fully upgraded) (lockable)
Gamma t1 facilities with max t1 upgrades 60% efficiency
Gamma t2 facilities with max t2 upgrades 70% efficiency
Gamma t3 facilities with max t3 upgrades 80% efficiency

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Beta 1 outposts should be the same as Beta 2 outposts.  Beta 1s are harder to defend, imo.

Ville wrote:

Beta 1 outposts should be the same as Beta 2 outposts.  Beta 1s are harder to defend, imo.

No they should not....

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:
Ville wrote:

No they should not....

Please provide feedback.

Ville wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:
Ville wrote:

No they should not....

Please provide feedback.

Perpetuum isn't an ideas man smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Ville wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

No they should not....

Please provide feedback.

Perpetuum isn't an ideas man smile

Obviously.

Only the important people listen to my ideas.

This breaks the natural progression of what one would think...is natural.

As you and "other" losers keep pushing for open beta's the "work" of holding a B1 is nothing.  Thus, open and less.

With the system we have now, you never "own" a B1 as it is open.  Thus less, then B2.

I can go on, but my Lunch is ready.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

As you and "other" losers keep pushing for open beta's the "work" of holding a B1 is nothing.  Thus, open and less.

With the system we have now, you never "own" a B1 as it is open.  Thus less, then B2.

That doesn't even make sense in the slightest bit, how is something that is completely open easier to defend then something that is completely closed off?

17 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-11 22:10:23)

Ville wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

That doesn't even make sense in the slightest bit, how is something that is completely open easier to defend then something that is completely closed off?

Ville, B2 will become more valuable and no one will give a *** about who owns an unlocked OP. Those who live there will live there because they are there actively playing, not AFK playing something else waiting for those darn SAPs.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

Ville, B2 will become more valuable and no one will give a *** about who owns an unlocked OP. Those who live there will live there because they are there actively playing, not AFK playing something else waiting for those darn SAPs.

Why do you think this is so?  lazy players/Alliances who want easy mode, will still not play even with open terminals (just like the open terminals we already have that are not used)

Young one, they are used.

Used as spark locations for "freeish" PVP.

I am Perpetuum.

Altera wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

Why do you think this is so?  lazy players/Alliances who want easy mode, will still not play even with open terminals (just like the open terminals we already have that are not used)

The open terminals are not used because they are permacamped. Giving more places to camp reduces the effectiveness of the campers.

This is not rocket science.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

21 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-12 01:24:49)

Altera wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

Nothing new to me, I have defended unlocked outpost long before you started. You are the one who want lazy by defending locked OPs. With the Spark gone it becomes quite appealing to have B1 unlocked. Give more chances for other players to enjoy the new missions instead of having to deal with diplomacy and be someone else pet.
Devs free up more content, new players don't need to deal with political ultimatums , from someone butt hurt years ago for being banned for account sharing.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Altera wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Nothing new to me, I have defended unlocked outpost long before you started. You are the one who want lazy by defending locked OPs. With the Spark gone it becomes quite appealing to have B1 unlocked. Give more chances for other players to enjoy the new missions instead of having to deal with diplomacy and be someone else pet.
Devs free up more content, new players don't need to deal with political ultimatums , from someone butt hurt years ago for being banned for account sharing.

Altera how olds your account?

Jita wrote:

... The open terminals are not used because they are permacamped. ...

^^ Interesting.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Altera wrote:

Altera how olds your account?

2212-02-26

Altera.

Whats your favorite Color?

I am Perpetuum.