Topic: Add credit gifting

Have you ever met that one guy whom you wanted to give a monthly booster just because you like him? Ever wanted to trade some credits for a couple of bots? Are you multiboxing and dont want to pay 7+ times every month?

Well, you're pretty much screwed when it comes to credits then.
In all essence, why arent we able to gift credits? You can do it in every modern MMO afaik.

P.S.: The moment we get the feature, I'll be getting all 7 of my accounts a booster.
P.P.S.: You guys said you cant hire a designer cause you dont have enough money for him, I'm sure a lot more people would buy credits if they could gift them.

Re: Add credit gifting

Yeah! Credits for NICS! +100500 cool

Chemist wrote:

Yeah! Credits for NICS! +100500 cool

I want this too. Make them marketable please! big_smile

4 (edited by Rasnath 2014-12-11 12:20:13)

I can outright tell you i want to buy the biggest package, but i cannot afford to dish out 400 euros atm (for all 7 accounts)... i can however pay 60 to get my accounts the boosters. but im not buying the 2800 credit package for every account out of principle.

This thread again.

See Burial..  This is what happens when you have "friends" or "like playing the game".

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You make less sense the more I think about it.

8 (edited by Ville 2014-12-11 19:22:15)

Let me explain to you why Burial is Anti- ICE.  Burial who spent over a year abusing missions printing tokens using those tokens to buy beacons than bringing those beacons to gamma where they popped 100+ beacons at one time has acquired a little wealth.  He flaunts about ~4 billion.  Pocket change really.  If ICE becomes a thing what he is worried about is two things:
1.  Inflation - which overall lowers his resource wealth and personal nic wealth.
2.  Players would be able to gain wealth similar to his.  Make his own assets less valuable, more epeen purposes.

I have always been a champion to ICE because ICE empowers the newer player to work in the market.  It offsets the Grind/Fun factor and it provides players a way to risk more.  Gamma bases were built with ICE, I know it first hand.  I sold a few myself to be able to terraform.  AND it shifts wealth from sitting in corp hangers to going onto a market and being turned into nic revenue. 

It's a Win Win for everyone, except those with a little pocket change amounts of goods and wealth who just want to sit on it endlessly until the servers close.

Now there could be 2 options on how to gift credits: direct transfer (like NIC transfer) and ICE. I am unsure of the reasons why the DEVs wouldnt give us ICE back, but the least they could do is giving us the option to gift another person some credits. In the end, the DEVs profit, cause you gotta buy credits to gift them.

Burial wrote:

I don't mean to be offensive, but you make less sense with every post you make. I rarely see you explaining why you are against the idea. I can't read your mind, so why dont you tell me why you dislike this?

In the end, what we want is constructive feedback. smile

Honestly the dev's could do this via a webpage on the site. They don't even need an ingame screen.  That'd easily be less than 8 man hours. Easily.

Kayin Prime wrote:

Honestly the dev's could do this via a webpage on the site. They don't even need an ingame screen.  That'd easily be less than 8 man hours. Easily.

To calculate how much time the perpetuum dev team needs in order to finish a task:

Normal Man = 8 hrs.

Mexican = 4 hrs.

In 8 man hours the Devs could fix 60% of the problems with PVE. the problem is they don't.

Good luck.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

13 (edited by Burial 2014-12-12 07:38:31)

Rasnath wrote:

Now there could be 2 options on how to gift credits: direct transfer (like NIC transfer) and ICE. I am unsure of the reasons why the DEVs wouldnt give us ICE back, but the least they could do is giving us the option to gift another person some credits. In the end, the DEVs profit, cause you gotta buy credits to gift them.

Burial wrote:

I don't mean to be offensive, but you make less sense with every post you make. I rarely see you explaining why you are against the idea. I can't read your mind, so why dont you tell me why you dislike this?

In the end, what we want is constructive feedback. smile

These threads pop up often. Could've just checked and continued any of the older threads.

In a nutshell:

Burial wrote:

Players already have direct control over their NIC by playing harder or playing smarter. It's the motive of the game that fuels player interaction, it's one of the forces behind alliances, conflicts and wars. It's deeply game-breaking when some players can just buy it from other more prosperous and successful players.

People are unequal in-game and in real life. How do you balance progression with playing versus progression with buying without destroying the motive of the game and making it P2W? 'Free market' just balances it against the rich in-game and in real life.

EP is time-locked. This is the commodity the cash-shop should be based on since no in-game action increases it. Let players buy boosters or EP packages if they feel it enables them to play the game better.

Ville wrote:

1.  Inflation - which overall lowers his resource wealth and personal nic wealth.

hmmm
http://i.imgur.com/z1fr046.jpg

ok...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

do it

just to make Burial mad

16 (edited by Burial 2014-12-12 14:37:18)

Ville, it has nothing to do with anything you mentioned.

1) Inflation occurs when the price of goods increases over a period of time and it'd benefit anyone sitting on a bunch of non-liquid assets. In the context of ICE, players not benefiting would be the ones unwilling to pay $ for ICE. They'd be competing against the ones that do in an inflated market.
2) That's a complete non-sense. Come on.

I'm not saying there's no good sides for $ to Credits to NIC. Players being able to acquire credits with in-game means is great. Having some actual value for NIC is great. But it's equally important to consider the bad parts.

2c

Burial wrote:

1) Inflation occurs when the price of goods increases over a period of time and it'd benefit anyone sitting on a bunch of non-liquid assets. In the context of ICE, players not benefiting would be the ones unwilling to pay $ for ICE. They'd be competing against the ones that do in an inflated market.

I'm not saying there's no good sides for $ to Credits to NIC. Players being able to acquire credits with in-game means is great. Having some actual value for NIC is great. But it's equally important to consider the bad parts.

2c

So your pro denying people content by saying they should work harder at the game? 

Its clear what OP wants.  And its very good idea.  OP has multiple accounts he doesn't want to get hit w/ transaction fees over and over by boosting his accounts.  He wants to make 1 transaction, pay 1 fee spend 40 bucks on stuff than GG

What content exactly?

Burial wrote:

What content exactly?

Production:  Limited play time = for limited resource gathering this gives them start up capital to working in the market by buying resources.
PVP:  Hate grinding?  Love pvping.  Sell an ICE.  BOOM your right in the action.
Research tree:  Say your a small corp looking to expand your research tree.  You can Sell ICE on the market to put up buy orders for kernals.
PVE:  You really want to buy that shiney T4+ module on your bot, but you don't have access to a team of people to run 3 stripe star beacons with.
Territorial warfare:  Say you want to get into Gamma But don't have the supply of epriton/nora to build the facilits for gamma.  BAM!  Instant access to buying stuff you need right from a player who has hundreds of things in their corp hanger sitting there doing nothing.

^  This is the content you can deny by not having ICE.  How do I know?  Because I've watched many an individual in perpetuum when we had ICE do the fore mentioned thing before.

20 (edited by Chemist 2014-12-12 19:29:46)

I will say more: common price for online games we have 300 rubles / month. With the current dollar exchange rate - now 580 rubles. Therefore, the purchase of PC looks very unattractive. And this loss of profits for developers. But we could buy ICE for in-game currency. Or make a special price for PC in rubles through Steam, as is done with the client. By the way,  playing Eve online it is now cheaper than in perpetuum (399 vs 580). smile

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

What content exactly?

Production:  Limited play time = for limited resource gathering this gives them start up capital to working in the market by buying resources.
PVP:  Hate grinding?  Love pvping.  Sell an ICE.  BOOM your right in the action.
Research tree:  Say your a small corp looking to expand your research tree.  You can Sell ICE on the market to put up buy orders for kernals.
PVE:  You really want to buy that shiney T4+ module on your bot, but you don't have access to a team of people to run 3 stripe star beacons with.
Territorial warfare:  Say you want to get into Gamma But don't have the supply of epriton/nora to build the facilits for gamma.  BAM!  Instant access to buying stuff you need right from a player who has hundreds of things in their corp hanger sitting there doing nothing.

^  This is the content you can deny by not having ICE.  How do I know?  Because I've watched many an individual in perpetuum when we had ICE do the fore mentioned thing before.

It's like doping in sports; it gives unfair advantage.

Burial wrote:
Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

What content exactly?

It's like doping in sports; it gives unfair advantage.

So is buying more accounts Burial.

RIP PERPETUUM

Definitely. But it's too late for that.

My new line in Eve, "Because Perpetuum did so well."

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

2c

So your pro denying people content by saying they should work harder at the game? 

Its clear what OP wants.  And its very good idea.  OP has multiple accounts he doesn't want to get hit w/ transaction fees over and over by boosting his accounts.  He wants to make 1 transaction, pay 1 fee spend 40 bucks on stuff than GG

Exactly, i want to buy the highest bundle of credits and distribute it to my alts.
I actually want to pay for the game. FML