Topic: Destruction SAP design question

In a recent battle for Abbuthilia to my understanding the destruction SAP was dealt about 50% damage by the attackers. However the defenders were able to close the SAP doing window by repairing the SAP and then doing the most damage. Could I please get a DEV word that this is how they are supposed to be able to be defended and that this is not an exploit or a feature that will be designed away in the future.

This was relevant as my plasma bombs had nothing to hit as I sitll thought the defenders would have a reason to hang around and the situation still potentially going on.

Re: Destruction SAP design question

It's been like that since closed beta

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

3 (edited by Inda 2014-11-11 01:08:55)

Destro, need to FLAG you UP!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

4 (edited by Annihilator 2014-11-11 01:08:32)

its been that way since implementation. Not very nice but intended behaviour.
also, most damage only counts when the thing blows up.

edit:
and repairing that thing is far easier then killing its, du to the high resists it has. or else its explosion would kill everything in its sap-circle (which already happened at the first live destruction SAP big_smile)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

jesus

There have been some context changes. Before defenders could do a sap a healer would always be an attacker, making it way more niche and neglible. I was pretty  accepting that the huge brawl we had made it so that we didn't get the SAP but neither did they. Now it's never a race on who gets the thing down first. If it ever surives with 1 hitpoint who ever holds it can heal and hurt it to arbitrary amounts.

XPLOIT! BAN HAMMER NOW!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

you lost the sap

lets move on

Rolafen Azec wrote:

There have been some context changes. Before defenders could do a sap a healer would always be an attacker, making it way more niche and neglible. I was pretty  accepting that the huge brawl we had made it so that we didn't get the SAP but neither did they. Now it's never a race on who gets the thing down first. If it ever surives with 1 hitpoint who ever holds it can heal and hurt it to arbitrary amounts.

I actually think its a great mechanic as it scales so well.

Imagine you had a fleet of fifty heavies logged off that you could log in and shoot the sap with. There would be no defence. With this mechanic there is.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Inda wrote:

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+2 to both previous orators.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Jita wrote:

I actually think its a great mechanic as it scales so well.

Imagine you had a fleet of fifty heavies logged off that you could log in and shoot the sap with. There would be no defence. With this mechanic there is.

and how do you get your RR past those fifty heavies?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Inda wrote:
Inda wrote:

Energy to Earth!

All the saps should flag you up

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.