Topic: Relation Ratio - does it work?

Hi,
anyone know if relation ration actually does something? I have raised mine from 1% to 3% just to look at it and it seems to make no difference to my refining, recycling or manufacturing. Is it supposed to work with these features?
Thanks,
C.

Re: Relation Ratio - does it work?

Same way magnets work. Miracles.

The Game

It works for me but then again I have over 10% in relation

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

How do you view your personal relation with the factory?

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

BigCountry wrote:

When you bring up the factory screen it is right there at the top.
C.

Alexander wrote:

Same way magnets work. Miracles.

I needed that first thing in the morning, got me laughing so hard I almost woke up the little ones.

Yes it does work, your working with percentages here, try to shoot a little higher relation wise if you want to see some decent results.

I'm currently at 15% and I notice the difference.

Thanks for the sensible replies. I double checked it on some of the higher usage items and it does indeed make the small difference I was looking for at 3%. I guess what confused me was that it works per unit produced, rather than based on the overall amount you are refining.

This can be closed if a mod wishes to do so, I have my answer.
C.

Craggan Mhor wrote:
BigCountry wrote:

When you bring up the factory screen it is right there at the top.
C.

How do I know which factory is tied to corporations? By the corp missions the terminal assigns?

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

As far as I can tell, 10% relations gives you +1%, or something like that, for refining, recycling and production.

10 (edited by Jenny 2010-12-10 16:47:20)

Every 10% relation, you get a bonus, for refining its like having 1 more point in refining skill.

I currently have 8 refining, 25% relation(+2), and using a lvl 2 facility(+1), its like having 11 refining skill or 110% eff% at a alpha terminal

titan ore to titanium costs me 27 ore each, hdt to iso is 45 each, math works perfect with 10% bonus

BigCountry wrote:

How do I know which factory is tied to corporations? By the corp missions the terminal assigns?

its not tied to corporations, its tied to the conglomerate. (the average standing of all corporations that belong to that one). and each of the three conglomerates owns two islands....

Jenny wrote:

Every 10% relation, you get a bonus, for refining its like having 1 more point in refining skill.

every fraction of standing already counts. that you just see it for every 10% in the refinery is due to the rounding on Titanium. Look at comodities that need more ore per piece (eg. Alligor).

Relation bonus is overall pretty small, and not the same for every facility.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Recognizer wrote:

every fraction of standing already counts. that you just see it for every 10% in the refinery is due to the rounding on Titanium. ....

Just a request - It would help if you listed the relation ratio with two decimal places, as with the other ratios, since, for example, when I have an average of 6.52 relation ratio, it shows up currently as "7%", throwing calculation off just a bit, and this effect accumulates, especially with production calculations.