Re: Shields

I'm don't think shield itself is broken and needed fixing, it is just the possibilities with shield.
If you could not use any offensive action (like weapon/demob/...) while shield is active and for the reload time after shild stops, than you would prevent the actual situation of 1vs1 pvp beeing complete broken.

Atm all you can do in solo pvp is drive green bot with shield. If your skills not good for shield/green bot than you better stay of small group pvp until shields are changed.

Goffer wrote:

I'm don't think shield itself is broken and needed fixing, it is just the possibilities with shield.
If you could not use any offensive action (like weapon/demob/...) while shield is active and for the reload time after shild stops, than you would prevent the actual situation of 1vs1 pvp beeing complete broken.

Atm all you can do in solo pvp is drive green bot with shield. If your skills not good for shield/green bot than you better stay of small group pvp until shields are changed.

Being the slowest generally is not a good thing for small PvP because it does not allow you to dictate engagements / run away easily.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:
Goffer wrote:

Being the slowest generally is not a good thing for small PvP because it does not allow you to dictate engagements / run away easily.

Your wrong on this...if your running your doing something wrong in the first place.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Sundial wrote:
Goffer wrote:

Your wrong on this...if your running your doing something wrong in the first place.

No, you are wrong.

When you are going to be outnumbered (doing small PvP), it is best to make a quick strike and move on to the next island.

In fact I almost always see the Notum Pirates using this tactic.

30 (edited by Merkle 2012-01-03 03:44:47)

Sundial wrote:
0110011100001111001010001 wrote:
Sundial wrote:

No, you are wrong.

When you are going to be outnumbered (doing small PvP), it is best to make a quick strike and move on to the next island.

In fact I almost always see the Notum Pirates using this tactic.

+1

In fact nearly everyone on the sever does this.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Sheilds are broken this is my view of why, No longer does niumqol beat pelistal since they can drain you with there sheild up tell the low accume nuimqol has is gone then drop there sheild and kill you. niumqol does not do enough damage to drop there sheild with guns therefor it is now required to have another green bot to counter the green bots on the field. Currently it is rock beats sissors and paper beats sissors the cycle is broken due to sheilds.

32 (edited by Sundial 2012-06-05 04:15:09)

First off: You don't need to be green to neut... Tryanos mk2 does *** damage but it has an awesome active tank.  you didn't know another bots capability and got killed it happens. Adapt and know your limits...

I disagree, my Kain Versus any Tyrannos = Dead.  Unless it's Ghandi.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Draftbeer wrote:

Sheilds are broken this is my view of why, No longer does niumqol beat pelistal since they can drain you with there sheild up tell the low accume nuimqol has is gone then drop there sheild and kill you. niumqol does not do enough damage to drop there sheild with guns therefor it is now required to have another green bot to counter the green bots on the field. Currently it is rock beats sissors and paper beats sissors the cycle is broken due to sheilds.

A) Take notes from your NeB's brotherend who fit 3 Neuts on there seth and 2 on there artemis to bag my troiar mk 2

or keep running around in throw away fits and QQ when met by a T4 Tank and you walk right in to it.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Early access account specializing in shield tanking can make you very angry.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Shields are working as intended smile

As Khader said Specialized Shield tanks are ... fun

Many fits give up damage in order to survive much longer ... " tank fit "

Stop whining about not being able to kill tanks in solo throw away fits.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

shield troiar got nerfed with this patch... so everything alright big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Tux wrote:

Shields are working as intended smile

As Khader said Specialized Shield tanks are ... fun

Many fits give up damage in order to survive much longer ... " tank fit "

Stop whining about not being able to kill tanks in solo throw away fits.

Heh true story I watched tux solo tank 4 mechs and a lvl 10 basic robotics arb while his armored TP cooled down. Did I put up a QQ thread on the forums or necro some old outdated thread? No, was I mad that he got away yeah but I know Tux and I know his tanking skills did I think we could break it. It was worth the shot but I had little hope of killing him.

Another true story your kain that was coming after kanogi had a sheild fit..... Kain + sheild = Fail no matter how you cut that cookie. Let me guess it had rocket launchers fit as well. With proper skills and a T4 armor rep a frame fit kain can rep a 1/4 of its armor in one cycle thats what its bonus is.

Sorry this topic died along time ago for a reason sheild tanks are situational. If you field your sheilds all the time someone will counter you. Kanogi could have just as easily pulled out a vaga and zenith combo and Ewar'd you down to submission, but no he out played you put an active sheild tanked demobing tyranos on approach and used a ranged Mk2 kain to kill you. Well played Kanogi.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

ehm, kain mk2 shield tanked is far better than active armour tanked tongue just saying

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Dan wrote:

ehm, kain mk2 shield tanked is far better than active armour tanked tongue just saying

Lies, Lies and slander!

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Well I did some testing few months ago, so my info might be a little bit outdated but I doubt that

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"