Topic: Explosive devices expansion

I have tried to experiment with explosive devices and they don't that much fill niches I tried to use them in.

In particular bombs are hard to use in combat. This is mainly because of the long triggering time. The detonation delay is pretty fine. I would actually want it to be even longer. It would be great if I could set a timer when the bomb goes off. This way you could try to bait / manipulate enemy formation to spesific spots or use them as area denial.

Also proximity probe + chemical bomb have all the components of a mine but you can't wire them together.

There is also missing a mid-yield explosive. This bombs speciality could be quick arming time but longer minimum time to detonation. So you could drop it below your feet to cover your retreat.

It would also be pretty cool to remotely trigger a bomb explosion ie a wire mine.

This is a little otrhogonal to the normal warfaring. But would it not be pretty easy expansion to the variety of the game?

Re: Explosive devices expansion

nice ideas.
bombs have been implemented to get rid of walls.
chemical bombs have been implemented to get rid of plants fast.

chemical bombs are useless regarding their initial implementation (they barely scratch plants but pvp flag you)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I think the bombs should have a much larger range. Chemical bombs in particular. They barely clear a small section of plants and with the gigantic forests something more is needed. Doesn't need a damage boost, just a wider area of effect instead of 50 meters. That's only a half dozen tiles. As it is I'd rather chop patches through the forest than flag while lighting a bomb that only drops a few plants.

keep dreamin

learn fight with the robots

this is about clearing the new uber forests, not the uber mesmer mk2's