Topic: Do not Remove sparks, mobile TPs and probes

1) Because of this is content and DeVs spent a lot of time for it's development.
2) It won't balance anything. The overpowered alliances anyway will stay overpowered.
3) The first one who will suffer - it will be noobs. Also they are first who will leave after such changes.

Gremrod wrote:

Subject states it all. The game was a bit harder, but more fun when these did not exist.

Dude, there was not more fun. I remember the time when i awaited CEO about hour, while he back from domhalarn to atalica for some important business and that was definetly not funny.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Do not Remove sparks, mobile TPs and probes

you are incorrect
people are lazy and lazy people love sparks

try playing and let us know

People are leave the game. One by one. Everyday.
DeVs, check recent events: Neptun leaved the game. He also leaved open-access container under shinjalar with 24 kU resources. Is this laziness?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter Speaks the Truth.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I don't really agree with total removal of sparks or mobile tele's tbh but I do agree with probes.

I still think sparks are fine, the AMOUNT of sparks are fine, BUT THEY NEED A COOLDOWN! Undock timer or just a flat can't spark out again for 2 hours or 4 or whatever.

Mobile tele's are fine IMHO, although they're not quite so important with the speed increase, and with the planned highway changes they'll probabaly become even less important. Hop on a highway and a seth doing ~130 kph can get there nearly as quickly as waiting for a teleport to charge up.

Probes can stay or go, it doesn't really matter they're easy as *** to kill/neut and makes someone have to come replace them every time and the cost nic (nic sink... although laughably inexpensive).

people are leaving game now with sparks why would it be different without

think about that

Hunter wrote:

People are leave the game. One by one. Everyday.
DeVs, check recent events: Neptun leaved the game. He also leaved open-access container under shinjalar with 24 kU resources. Is this laziness?

One change won't fix anything. A series of them won't. Even if the series if them were around before steam it STILL wouldn't have helped. That doesn't mean they are not worth doing.

8 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-05 20:43:40)

Hunter wrote:

1) Because of this is content and DeVs spent a lot of time for it's development.
2) It won't balance anything. The overpowered alliances anyway will stay overpowered.
3) The first one who will suffer - it will be noobs. Also they are first who will leave after such changes.

1.) When I take a dump in the morning it's content. But I still flush no matter how many posts I can squeeze out in the process.

2.) Removing sparks will not change CIR 77 ability to stomp everyone wherever they want. It will change WHERE CIR 77 WANT to stomp everyone as logistics gets HARDER. I know ...multi accounts etc, but not everyone has 5+ combat accounts and without sparks each account is less effective logistically. It'd be much harder to get people where they need to be, and then back.. Nevertheless, it will still take lots of time for CIR 77 to start giving up on the ~we didn't want those stations anyway~ given the starvation for action.

3.) What's noobs got to do with it. They have low EP for sparks and stick to alpha anyway. The ones who do venture to Beta will be LESS likely to have a blob dropped on them in minutes. So it HELPS them.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Hunter wrote:

1.) When I take a dump in the morning it's content. But I still flush no matter how many posts I can squeeze out in the process.

2.) Removing sparks will not change CIR 77 ability to stomp everyone wherever they want. It will change WHERE CIR 77 WANT to stomp everyone as logistics gets HARDER. I know ...multi accounts etc, but not everyone has 5+ combat accounts and without sparks each account is less effective logistically. It'd be much harder to get people where they need to be, and then back.. Nevertheless, it will still take lots of time for CIR 77 to start giving up on the ~we didn't want those stations anyway~ given the starvation for action.

3.) What's noobs got to do with it. They have low EP for sparks and stick to alpha anyway. The ones who do venture to Beta will be LESS likely to have a blob dropped on them in minutes. So it HELPS them.

This is logic smile

Rex Amelius wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Someone that makes a lot of sense.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Someone that makes a lot of sense.

The only one of them that makes sense but thank god there's one.

One person? Im hardly the only one with this view on sparks and certainly not the first. It all comes from exact same arguments made in the 50 page SpT thread.. If anything the detractors on this issue are the minority, even in CIR77.

Sparking to other games

Well that's good, at least zoom knows to go ahead. What's your thoughts on what to nerf it too?

I'm for one alpha and one gamma spark personally.

+1 to op

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

What if spark tps could only be placed in stations 100km(or whatever distance for balance) from the station/outpost u put as ur home base?

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749