Re: Perpetuum - Game community and developers at odds with each other.

Actually, the forums were a much nicer place to hang out back when CIR couldn't afford a subscription to play the game...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Stranger Danger wrote:

the game just needs more players...

do you actually believe that?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Catch 22 is that if the game only works with bigger population, it will never reach bigger population.

79 (edited by Kanogi 2014-10-04 20:39:55)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL7XS_8qgXM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D727LW8GENQ

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

Burial wrote:

Catch 22 is that if the game only works with bigger population, it will never reach bigger population.

Yup and the devs need to stop and think before pulling their last big ace up the sleeve.  The day they drop early access on steam and the game gets from page exposure.

What happened in the past is that the games population swells, the devs turtle up for 8 months for some nominal content fix or addition and return to a game that's thinned out to just us again, give or take a handful.

There needs to be real sandbox content added shortly after a population swell, and then again after that....

Adding major content can get the game more front page exposure.

They have to assume that a game of this nature is going to see 80% of its population leave within a month or two...so they need something to draw in more people once that time frame expires.

Not going to be easy with a small/slow dev team.....however...the game needs to add a new line of bots, a new bot faction, and new pve content while there are still people in game...

all these petty complaints go away when there are several thousand man corps with active players and the game world at its full size....

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

I dunno its the same in every game with ffa pvp.  people who pvp and win ruin the game for those who try to pvp and win but don't.

same old story.

the game just needs more players and a few small but successful corps/alliances wont have such a big impact.  Until that happens, this is all just sore losers trying to convince themselves its a game mechanic that's resulting in their inability to win.

^^ This.

82 (edited by Kanogi 2014-10-04 20:47:19)

The thing that hinder this game the most is "skylapper" cool

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

I hope the population one time will reach 3 -5 000 and then we can talk again...

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

And as to the original post on mmorpg, I just don't see how airing perpetuums dirty laundry on a widely visited gaming site is going to do anything to help this game. Can't say I would be standing in line to play a game that has a community labeled "Toxic".

But I guess I am old school, I don't believe in talking about family problems in public...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Shadowmine wrote:

And as to the original post on mmorpg, I just don't see how airing perpetuums dirty laundry on a widely visited gaming site is going to do anything to help this game. Can't say I would be standing in line to play a game that has a community labeled "Toxic".

But I guess I am old school, I don't believe in talking about family problems in public...

This ^^

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

We like to think of it as our superior community being at odds with a toxic perpetuum community. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU

10k dislikes must be all those people who quit Perpetuum because of CIR.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

88 (edited by Maidden 2014-10-04 22:22:09)

Should read that again.. http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs.cfm/blogId/ … 26382#post

All I can say is ..LOLOLOLOL...

Talk about stuff here spilling over :-D

xpowderx writes:

Gremrod,

Your idea of what poison is truly is remarkable. Developer Zoom wants to remove sparks to help with the power projection issue that exists in game. You and your corporation oppose developer Zooms decision. While the rest of  Perpetuums player base supports that idea.

The reality is your corp fears Zooms decision to do so. Thus a reason of why you and your corp associates think the player base is poisonous. Perhaps towards your corp. But definitely not towards the developers of the game.

So for the average mmo reader who reads here. You now understand what it looks like when a corp and its members go against the game and the player base who support the Developers. All over power projection of that said CORP!

Now thats funny!!!

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

Are you seriously gonna pretend that xpowderx isn't your mmorpg account, and act like it's an actual person posting there? lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I like that comment

Your idea of what poison is truly is remarkable. Developer Zoom wants to remove sparks to help with the power projection issue that exists in game. You and your corporation oppose developer Zooms decision. While the rest of  Perpetuums player base supports that idea.

Especially in light of Grem's recent thread. Dat agenda.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Great song kanogi, love me some Johnny Horton.

It's actually the other way around. I have seen many in cir/phm/77 request a nerf or the removal of spark teleport. It's just dev zoom who "refuse(s) to see spark teleport as a problem". Most of the community is united in wanting a change to spark teleport regardless of affiliation. It's THE dev that disagrees and sadly that's all that matters in this game sad

93 (edited by Maidden 2014-10-04 22:48:51)

Gwyndor wrote:

It's actually the other way around. I have seen many in cir/phm/77 request a nerf or the removal of spark teleport. It's just dev zoom who "refuse(s) to see spark teleport as a problem". Most of the community is united in wanting a change to spark teleport regardless of affiliation. It's THE dev that disagrees and sadly that's all that matters in this game sad

Then if that is the case. Then we should have a signature post for that change. Get everyone in game to sign it. Everyone! Including new players. Send a message to Zoom.

Stranger Danger wrote:
Burial wrote:

all these petty complaints go away when there are several thousand man corps with active players and the game world at its full size....

neutral

95 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-10-04 23:54:16)

Maidden wrote:

Gremrod,

The reality is your corp fears Zooms decision to do so. Thus a reason of why you and your corp associates think the player base is poisonous. Perhaps towards your corp. But definitely not towards the developers of the game.

So for the average mmo reader who reads here. You now understand what it looks like when a corp and its members go against the game and the player base who support the Developers. All over power projection of that said CORP!

Now thats funny!!!

^^ You're an idiot. Take notes from this guy with actual reading comprehension skills.  vv

Gwyndor wrote:

Sparking to other games

Smokeyii wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

If you hate the game and it's players so much then leave already.

Now we know this is not true. Does anyone think this is true? If so I will leave.

I don't Gremrod and to be honest you're one of the only shining lights in the darkness that is cir/77th.

And I did what to you or your corp?  Just random attacks cuz you upset with a handfull of ppl?

Stranger Danger wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:
Gremrod Actually wrote:

Celebro,

The poison I speak of is the fighting that happens like what is going on in this thread now. DEV Crm wants to make a game and more than a game. He wanted to build a community of online players that would contribute to it and make it a breathing living entity.

But from what I can see it has turned into a forum fight of you did what and who is to blame for this and that....

Jita, Jelan, Smokey think Gremrod wrote:

Celebro,

The poison I speak of lies within all the corps that are not CIR77. On our path to Ultimate Victory of Burning down the Perpetuum server we must torture and maim all noobs and vets who do not see our evil vision. Dev CRM must be stopped before he can fix all the broken mechanics that we exploit. The Devs must not be allowed to have a flourishing game. Oh and did you hear the one about Jita's mother? I have the recording right here!

Yup they are either delusional or wrist deep in trying to counter and troll anything anyone form our alliance posts...no matter how true or good of an idea it is.

Its probably a mix of both.

Never seen people with such hate in a game before, its both sad and hilarious.

You know.  I was thinking the same thing. I never seen anything like it.

Taking away sparks is not going to fix the issue of "is a corp able to use an island when they are being constantly roamed and their industry constantly disrupted".

The problem is the veteran power blocks are bloated and fat with all the spoils from past episodes, mainly beacons, it creates a very steep hill for newer corporations to try to compete and learn.  Sadly, it will always be that way for as long as certain people keep logging into the game.

What these developers need to understand is MMOs work a different way for example WOW, you could have farmed your *** off after months of an expansion being out and day 1 of the new expansion the piece of loot you got was better than the piece you spent weeks/months trying to get in a raid....

WE NEED T5 GEAR.  WE NEED MORE ROBOTS.  The light ewar need to have epi removed from them.  Production costs of robots needs to be turned down, similar to how it used to be. 

You need to curve the Vets to give them a reason to login and play BUT not put them in the same grouping as the new players. 

New corporations should be Alpha 2 based -> hitting Beta strategically for pvp and maybe some industry, while Veterans should self sustain a life on Gamma.

Regardless I don't care about Spark teleports, it won't achieve the goal most people think it will.  sad

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jasmoba wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

Yup they are either delusional or wrist deep in trying to counter and troll anything anyone form our alliance posts...no matter how true or good of an idea it is.

Its probably a mix of both.

Never seen people with such hate in a game before, its both sad and hilarious.

You know.  I was thinking the same thing. I never seen anything like it.

What's weird is I've wanted the same things for the last few years from the game but for asking for them I'm apparently meagaming and people have to make posts talking about my mother.

we need to be able to recycle all T1-T4 in to pink-goo that is used in a new tech