Topic: The new plants...

I just don't like the new plants, these are a bit ugly to me, and long distances you dont see any plant, and after you see a forest what feels like more a wall.

What was the issue the DEV's make this change? Can't we get back the old plants?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: The new plants...

it was on the todo list for 4 years...
though, for now it lacks a variations within plants of the same type to look good.
and LoD has always been an issue, together with the wonky terrain-update that doesn't consider walking diagonal

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I like it but you do need to move with your draw distance up now.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

4 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-03 15:03:34)

Annihilator wrote:

it was on the todo list for 4 years...
though, for now it lacks a variations within plants of the same type to look good.
and LoD has always been an issue, together with the wonky terrain-update that doesn't consider walking diagonal

What is defined as diagonal? e.g north-west, south-east course.

I don't mind the change , mainly done for bots to look bigger, but the slow update on terrain is a PITA.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

What is defined as diagonal? e.g north-west, south-east course.

yep,
as you can see in this post:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/111820/#p111820

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

6 (edited by Race Drones 2014-10-03 23:38:57)

Inda wrote:

... and long distances you dont see any plant, and after you see a forest what feels like more a wall.

What was the issue the DEV's make this change? Can't we get back the old plants?

Celebro wrote:

... but the slow update on terrain is a PITA.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.