1 (edited by Celebro 2014-10-01 15:32:09)

Topic: Free Terraforming

I was reluctant at first to suggest this, due to the NIC sink lost by removing the charges.

But I think now gamma terraforming being so much less OP and almost useless to block TPs and also the amount of time it takes to terraform manually, depriving yourself to earn NIC whilst carving the world. Also it seems a waste if degradable over time if not near your OP.

For the NIC sink I would suggest a fee for land for it to remain without 'erosion'.

Advantages would be free to experiment, and far less headaches and costs for mistakes. Any balancing change done in the future will not need refunds.  Ultimately does not cap creativity.

RIP PERPETUUM

2 (edited by Burial 2014-10-01 17:05:54)

Re: Free Terraforming

+1. Regenerable time and NIC sinks together not the best idea.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

urgh... a game mechanic on terrain that doesn't consume ammo? are you nuts????

sorry, cynism aside:

+1

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yes free charges or none, or for a very small price of 1 nic smile . If it's easier to change.

RIP PERPETUUM

+1

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Can we get some sort of response on what the Devs think of this? Personally I like it smile without beacons to terraform doing it one tile at a time is so tedious you should probably get NIC for terraforming