Topic: Station locking and power projection

Eve is suffering some of the same problems perpetuum does and the leaders of their null holding alliances have come together to post recommendations. They are very similar to the many posts about station locking but i'll let you read it yourself.

http://themittani.com/news/null-deal-st … vereign-00

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

2 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-29 16:45:29)

Re: Station locking and power projection

Exactly what "some" are you talking about? The only thing I get out of reading that link is that we are desperately short on islands.

Not a word in there about eliminating station locking. And the power projection issue we have here in Perpetuum relates to sparks, nothing like eves issues.

Sparking to other games

The only relevance I see is the : Occupancy based sovereignty. Which SAP 2.0 was supposed to have at least minimized that problem, but looking at the map, I can conclude it did nothing of the sort.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

The only relevance I see is the : Occupancy based sovereignty. Which SAP 2.0 was supposed to have at least minimized that problem, but looking at the map, I can conclude it did nothing of the sort.

occupational based sovereignty and the need for a stepping stone - npc owned stations - to help new and emergent entities.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Celebro wrote:

occupational based sovereignty and the need for a stepping stone - npc owned stations - to help new and emergent entities.

I didn't read anything about station locking being an issue. I did read about npc owned stations being a stepping stone.

Perpetuum has three beta terminals that are npc owned and can be used by any entity as a stepping stone.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:
Celebro wrote:

I didn't read anything about station locking being an issue. I did read about npc owned stations being a stepping stone.

Perpetuum has three beta terminals that are npc owned and can be used by any entity as a stepping stone.

Gremrod, those terminals are useless for new players, it get blobbed quick (made easier by SPT ofc) whenever there is an outpost to defend. We need beta island with just NPC terminals, and much more of them.

RIP PERPETUUM

7 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-29 18:52:24)

Nevermind,  Gremrod said it.

Sure I'd love to see more islands, some with only NPC terminals. Will the devs ever create them?

Sparking to other games

Celebro wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

Gremrod, those terminals are useless for new players, it get blobbed quick (made easier by SPT ofc) whenever there is an outpost to defend. We need beta island with just NPC terminals, and much more of them.

I will agree there needs to be more beta islands. I have no issue with some beta islands being added that have no intrusion outposts only npc controlled terminals.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

we need npcs taking SAPs = NPC outposts

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear