Topic: energy batteries

batteries have significantly changed.

now they have few outgoing connection which no longer mankes them viable for energy distribution.
so instead of distributing energy they now are a energy storage. in gerneral thats ok. but there should be a few changes.

since you still loose 30% of your power you dont realy want the batteries to put between your reactor and your backbone. what you want is to form a triangle so the energy transfer will flow through to backbone for the normal usage and the rest should be filling the battery.

but you dont want to use the batteries power when everything is nunning normal. you only want to use it when there is a hig drain on the system. for example when a lot repair nodes drain power.

this could be done when by a energy treshhold that would prevent energy transmission when its under that level.
so i could say my connection from the batetry to the backbone that it should only work when the treshhold of the backbone is below 75% for example. that way the energy will flow from the reactor and the battery would only be used when needed.

30% energy loss is ok for a storage, but then pls only when needed. and not all the time. and it should work without that i have so switch connections.

Re: energy batteries

hmm, i could bind a battery parallel to a backbone and it didn't send energy unless the backbones supply went dry.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear