Re: So whats the plan?

Gwyndor wrote:

Only about half the new players decide to join a corp before they have some experience with the game. Alpha content needs the most attention. Beta could use a bit but for the most part they will get used more as more people live on alpha and find they need stuff from beta eventually. Fix the missions ,make a contract system, allow players to reverse engineer non prototype modules for a far inferior ct. A proto ct requires about 10x the materials and also the research. If a non proto item was reverse engineered only give it 5-10 runs worth. Just a few ideas to give new industrialists, mission runners and pvpers a way to get established without depending on the absolute trash market. Also, cut the t1 module drop from ratting down to .25 of its current rate. Even .1 wouldn't be all bad. Keep the rare drops the same.

There are stories of huge engagements and when assaults t3 fit were rare and roaming was guarunteed to get you engagements quickly because gamma wasn't out. More islands isn't going to fix the problem. More islands with the same broken content or lack of content is going to continue to plague this game.

To get beta population back your talking about reverting most of the changes done, removing detectors, removing the ability to lock stations, removing sparks ... It's not going to happen.

Nothing needs to be reverted.

The profitability on Beta versus profitability of Alpha needs to be looked at and adjusted.

When there's a way to make money on Beta besides mining epriton and selling it to weaker corps on alpha, there will be more people out there.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

When there's a way to make money on Beta besides mining epriton and selling it to weaker corps on alpha, there will be more people out there.

+1

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

29 (edited by Burial 2014-08-10 09:13:22)

I don't think there's anything cardinally wrong with being able to lock stations, but I do feel some incentives to keep them open would be great. Better tax management system for stations based on relations being one, for example. Why keep it locked if it could be providing you with decent income if you didn't?

30 (edited by Tonnik 2014-08-10 17:42:10)

I think station locking and sparks are the main problems with power projection alongside detectors ofc.

Tax from vat on alpha terminal go to beta owners once they own all the terminals? Alpha I and beta I together and alpha ii and beta ii together? More incentive to also make a market on alpha

Gwyndor wrote:

Tax from vat on alpha terminal go to beta owners once they own all the terminals? Alpha I and beta I together and alpha ii and beta ii together? More incentive to also make a market on alpha

That just adds to the problem. The issue isn't people not wanting stations, it's that it is in the interests of whoever is most powerful at the time be that M2S, STC or CIR having a reason and a way of owning eveything. If the current mechanics were in place at the beginning of the game Norhoop would have owned beta too.

It's always been popular to just say man up and come take a station and that message has not changed from any of the above parties but that's clearly not working - since station locking has been in the game the vast majority of the time beta has been owned by a single entity.

If stations were not able to be locked but the owner got a percentage of missions, sales and all station income from production etc then it would be in their interests to own the stations but have people live there. That's the real balance - why would a station owner be prepared to let people live on an island (and when I say live I don't mean own a station and die when they undock). That's a difficult thing to balance tbh.

Gwyndor wrote:

Not sure what you're asking or suggesting but any incentive to MONOPOLIZE beta outpost ownership only makes 2 - powerblock server problem worse. And this is why...

Sparking to other games

jita gave me a great idea:
make beta all syndicate protection except the 3km radius around beta outposts when a SAP is active. best baindaid fix until gamma release

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

jita gave me a great idea:
make beta all syndicate protection except the 3km radius around beta outposts when a SAP is active. best baindaid fix until gamma release

lol, lets make beta like alpha, lol

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

You know the simple change that would help? 

Bring the Beta Terminal's facility's up higher than alpha 2s.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

That just makes the fat get fatter and doesn't discourage full ownership

Ville wrote:

yep, that would give ghandi more targets, if he still lives in TM-Beta.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gwyndor wrote:

If tied to island-station stability at 100, this would work great.

It would give people a reason to go after stations, since they would have a tangible value tied to them.

Market prices wouldn't be x500% profit margins everywhere because there would be inter-island competition for hubs and taxes.

However, it won't get implemented because hungarian. big_smile Everything is fine.

CIR Complaint Form

or make it so you have to have control of all beta II to get ta from the single alpha II terminal and each beta I corresponds to a single alpha I terminal. NPC terminal on beta I corresponds to the starting terminal on alpha I

That suggestion makes the whole situation worse.

42 (edited by Tonnik 2014-08-11 09:38:10)

Burial wrote:

That suggestion makes the whole situation worse.

He knows. Typical Syndic.

Just in case you think it's a fix let me reiterate - People ALREADY want beta outposts. The problem is that whoever is dominant at the time has a method and reason to stop anyone but themselves owning them. Fix that problem and you populate beta improving PvP, the market and the population.

Where are all these people lining up to fight for outposts?

And by fight I do mean fight, not run home to mommy zoom after a few bruises.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Where are all these people lining up to fight for outposts?

And by fight I do mean fight, not run home to mommy zoom after a few bruises.

Thats been the same since it was changed to lock out mechanics . First it was M2S, then STC, now you. You shouldn't be expected to be the dominant power on the server (or one of their pets) to take an outpost, the mechanics are supposed to prevent that.

45 (edited by Celebro 2014-08-11 10:12:06)

Part of the problem is to take an outpost, you need around the clock SAP grinding and alarm clocking. To defend one is much easier, you don't need to defend all your SAPS all the time.

How can you successfully defend if no one has been there to defend?. Seems odd.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Part of the problem is to take an outpost, you need around the clock SAP grinding and alarm clocking. To defend one is much easier, you don't need to defend all your SAPS all the time.

It's been suggested before that not taking your own saps would reduce your stability. This would make owning all the outposts very time consuming and is a reasonable fix in my eyes.

Tonnik wrote:
Celebro wrote:

It's been suggested before that not taking your own saps would reduce your stability. This would make owning all the outposts very time consuming and is a reasonable fix in my eyes.

Not sure if that will make even less desirable, but good point, defence ATM is rather passive. No need to live or a reason to log and defend your Island.

RIP PERPETUUM

Perpetuum doesn't need any additional benefits to owning stations on Betas. Current meta being what it is with people having free reign to spark teleport around, just being able to lock a station down from enemies should be incentive enough.

Beta needs additional and improved activities for people actually using the island.

M2S held 13/15 outposts long after you quit the game Jita, and long before the lockout was introduced. Lock-out isn't any issue since it ceases when stability drops below 50, and it adds a bit of investment contrary to the preferred method of sparking an alt account in there to ninja the sap when nobody is looking.

Showing up 1-2 times in 24 hours is reasonable to expect for someone who wants to attack an outpost.

CIR Complaint Form

Tonnik wrote:

It's not a bad idea at all. Would definitely spice up some PVP.