Topic: So whats the plan?

So I think it's fair to say that Steam has not resolved Perpetuum's population problem and that we are pretty much back where we were before steam. In addition to that the Devs aren't getting their monthly income from the vets any more. Some said that Steam was a last stand but theres probably a couple of other things that could be done.

What do you think the plan should be?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: So whats the plan?

If the DEVs are not competent enough to come up with their own ideas to save their game then let the game die. After all, DEVs are paid by the players to resolve this, not the other way around.

Industrial Junkie

3 (edited by Burial 2014-08-04 11:57:32)

Jita wrote:

This to get the money for outsourcing or just go hardcore on adding new content: Reskinned-reshashed MK3 bots, new modules etc. Right now, rehashed content is one of the easiest ways of mix things up.

Burial wrote:
Jita wrote:

This to get the money for outsourcing or just go hardcore on adding new content: Reskinned-reshashed MK3 bots, new modules etc. Right now, rehashed content is one of the easiest ways of mix things up.

I think that would work if the game was ftp. If not people wouldn't like having to pay twice.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

5 (edited by Burial 2014-08-04 13:19:12)

Looks like the game is stuck behind not providing enough earnings to advance in a purposeful way. People are tired of waiting for new content and updates are slow to come: This is something that can be handled with more money.

It's only going to get worse from this point unless something happens. They need to figure out ways to rake in the cash.

Jita wrote:

So I think it's fair to say that Steam has not resolved Perpetuum's population problem and that we are pretty much back where we were before steam. In addition to that the Devs aren't getting their monthly income from the vets any more. Some said that Steam was a last stand but theres probably a couple of other things that could be done.

They are from me.  Maybe you should sub?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Burial wrote:

Looks like the game is stuck behind not providing enough earnings to advance in a purposeful way. People are tired of waiting for new content and updates are slow to come: This is something that can be handled with more money.

It's only going to get worse from this point unless something happens. They need to figure out ways to rake in the cash.

personally i think a ftp model that has microtransactions is the only way forward at this point. Alongside some ep gain package for new people who want to get a head start.

As I said in another thread:

Things I would change for a fully FTP model would be:

Reducing ep gain without a booster by 50%

Reducing initial ep back to 20k

Adding PvP ammo to the cash shop

Have ep boosters by the day, week, month and quarter

I would then have ep boosted account start packages for sale with:

£10 for 40k ep

£15 for 60k ep

£30 for 100k ep

And then I would add the crowd funding thing in there for people to donate to in order to achieve. The first couple of things I would crowd fund are new bots and a new weapon type.

Crepitus wrote:
Jita wrote:

They are from me.  Maybe you should sub?

Without going too far off topic I personally wont give any more money to the game until I know where its going. I've subbed a good 10 new accounts post steam as well as the original ones I did monthly and while I have money i'm prepared to give in a crowdfunding way to something specific i'm not subbing for ep gain when i dont need the ep.

9 (edited by Burial 2014-08-04 13:53:04)

Jita wrote:

Without going too far off topic I personally wont give any more money to the game until I know where its going.

This is exactly where I stand. I'm willing to throw some money to the devs but right now I don't see it leading anywhere. Nothing interesting for me.

This is still the plan. Nothing has changed, except for the Steam market stuff. And we're not in some kind of emergency either.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This is still the plan. Nothing has changed, except for the Steam market stuff. And we're not in some kind of emergency either.

How much would it cost to freelance a guy to make three new mech models for the game?

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

How much would it cost to freelance a guy to make three new mech models for the game?

Making the models is the easy part. They have to give those mechs parameters etc. Then they have to balance them after deciding their role in the game. Then they have to test, test, test.....

A lot more involved here then just making a couple models and slamming them into the game.....

I am sure they know how much and can engage the same person that did the models in the past. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Making the models is the easy part. They have to give those mechs parameters etc. Then they have to balance them after deciding their role in the game. Then they have to test, test, test.....

A lot more involved here then just making a couple models and slamming them into the game.....

I am sure they know how much and can engage the same person that did the models in the past. smile

I know there's other costs, but I wanted a ballpark figure to bring in the people and time needed to get them going.  That would include founder packages with a special module for donaters etc. If its something feasible it would give us an idea of if crowd funding is worthwhile.

I would also imagine Alf and the devs have some things drawn up already and planned from a balance point of view and just need the art.

1 - 2k dollars is feasible, if its more like 5 - 10k that might be harder.

Since they have been testing hybrid robots for a long time now, I think that would be the best bet and would take far less to implement I would assume.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Since they have been testing hybrid robots for a long time now, I think that would be the best bet and would take far less to implement I would assume.

Um, if I recall they set this aside a long time ago because of the balance nightmare it is....

DEV Zoom wrote:

This is still the plan. Nothing has changed, except for the Steam market stuff.

I think you should revisit that Steam Market stuff....

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

This is still the plan. Nothing has changed, except for the Steam market stuff.

I think you should revisit that Steam Market stuff....

Yes I think you should too. Because if you don't I will be so suppressed......

Gremrod wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Um, if I recall they set this aside a long time ago because of the balance nightmare it is....

I heard some sightings of hybrid robots on the live server a few months ago, so perhaps they could be on to something, all it needs is balance the modeling i would assume there is little to do on that regard.

RIP PERPETUUM

19 (edited by Burial 2014-08-04 19:34:46)

Jita wrote:

1 - 2k dollars is feasible, if its more like 5 - 10k that might be harder.

In Finland it's somewhere in the middle for just a single animated AAA-quality model. Probably a lot cheaper if looking abroad. neutral

I still think that re-skinning current bots as MK3s and playing with the bonuses is fastest and cheapest way to spice things up.

Celebro wrote:

I heard some sightings of hybrid robots on the live server a few months ago, so perhaps they could be on to something, all it needs is balance the modeling i would assume there is little to do on that regard.

I remember I killed one not long ago. wink

just give us autocannon/machine gun bonused versions of the indy bots for a start. Not to much to that.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

They are working on a new game! big_smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

DEV Zoom wrote:

I like to say holy ***, zoom said something, now if only they will get off their *** bean bag chairs do a *** blog before I *** retire and start collecting SS, and living of the big fat fake tits of the overlord.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

RedKGB wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

I like to say holy ***, zoom said something, now if only they will get off their *** bean bag chairs do a *** blog before I *** retire and start collecting SS, and living of the big fat fake tits of the overlord.

+1

This guy knows what he is talking about.

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

24 (edited by Silkdawn 2014-08-09 16:52:53)

I dunno about the "Steam plan", it got me into the game and look at Cons, they are like 330 people (yeah, not all active, but who has that?) and I grew 45 people in 3 weeks and this is now, not at steam launch and Ive seen other smaller corps grow too.

Could it be better? Of course, it could always be better, but I see new people joining the game daily. The question is if they will stay? In my humble experience with many years in EVE, also recruiting among many newcomers, the "staying on" statistic is pretty horrible, the same statistic should apply in Perpetuum. This shouldnt be a cause for alarm tho, since its a natural thing.

Only about half the new players decide to join a corp before they have some experience with the game. Alpha content needs the most attention. Beta could use a bit but for the most part they will get used more as more people live on alpha and find they need stuff from beta eventually. Fix the missions ,make a contract system, allow players to reverse engineer non prototype modules for a far inferior ct. A proto ct requires about 10x the materials and also the research. If a non proto item was reverse engineered only give it 5-10 runs worth. Just a few ideas to give new industrialists, mission runners and pvpers a way to get established without depending on the absolute trash market. Also, cut the t1 module drop from ratting down to .25 of its current rate. Even .1 wouldn't be all bad. Keep the rare drops the same.

There are stories of huge engagements and when assaults t3 fit were rare and roaming was guarunteed to get you engagements quickly because gamma wasn't out. More islands isn't going to fix the problem. More islands with the same broken content or lack of content is going to continue to plague this game.