Topic: Red NPCs

why exactly don't we have them anymore?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Red NPCs

Annihilator wrote:

They live on Beta.  You'd know that if you ever came there for more than a 10 seconds.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Annihilator wrote:

From what I've learned, people used them to harass people by pulling them into miners etc., trying to get them killed.
Since the DEVs here seem to try to deny people any form of fun via harassment, grieving etc., they made every spawn on Alpha harmless.

Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Anni. I think it is because of the pulling NPCs on other players and the fact that devs could not stop the ore fields from spawning under NPC spawns and no one could be bothered to kill the npcs to mine or could not tank the spawn in a miner bot.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

TBH: I would do NPC agresive anyway.

The problem of new AI that NPC's can run to anywhere on island. What if just apply some timer?

1) If some player pulled a NPC, it marks and trying to kill exactly this player or any other who participate in fight (react on shooting/EW/support).
2) Define their area, where the NPCs been pulled and if mark ends (in a minute stopping the shooting/EW), NPC's will back with renewed 100% HP/AP.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

TBH: I would do NPC agresive anyway.

The problem of new AI that NPC's can run to anywhere on island. What if just apply some timer?

1) If some player pulled a NPC, it marks and trying to kill exactly this player or any other who participate in fight (react on shooting/EW/support).
2) Define their area, where the NPCs been pulled and if mark ends (in a minute stopping the shooting/EW), NPC's will back with renewed 100% HP/AP.

I agree, they could leave red npcs and just have them rubber band back like they used to.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I think the NPCs are fine as they are and should be left alone.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

8 (edited by Gremrod 2014-07-23 18:43:23)

The orange non-aggressive NPC spawn works best with the new improved autopilot system.

I think the NPC system is fine now. Just because all other mmo games have all spawns as aggressive doesn't mean it needs to be so in Perp.

Crepitus wrote:

They live on Beta.  You'd know that if you ever came there for more than a 10 seconds.

hmm, the 50 npcs in visual range around your proxy probe are always orange, no matter how long i stay there, they don't change color. perhaps your monitor already suffered damage from standing there to long with a castel.

Gremrod wrote:

Anni. I think it is because of the pulling NPCs on other players and the fact that devs could not stop the ore fields from spawning under NPC spawns and no one could be bothered to kill the npcs to mine or could not tank the spawn in a miner bot.

it probably was the later, since the pulling was enabled more then a year after introduction of orange ones.

Kim Cho wrote:

From what I've learned, people used them to harass people by pulling them into miners etc., trying to get them killed.
Since the DEVs here seem to try to deny people any form of fun via harassment, grieving etc., they made every spawn on Alpha harmless.
Correct me, if I'm wrong.

see above - the grieving was introduced later, much later

Gremrod wrote:

The orange non-aggressive NPC spawn works best with the new improved autopilot system.

I think the NPC system is fine now. Just because all other mmo games have all spawns as aggressive doesn't mean it needs to be so in Perp.

theres a contradicting argumentation. on one hand i read "autopilot is fine as is, because manual piloting should always be superiour, so no further improvements to the AP are allowed", and on the other hand you say npcs orange are fine because of the dumb autopilot.

sorry, only the cheap f2p asia grinder mmo's i have tested and uninstalled after one playsession, have npcs thad npcs that did not aggro.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

10 (edited by Gremrod 2014-07-23 20:13:47)

Annihilator wrote:

sorry, only the cheap f2p asia grinder mmo's i have tested and uninstalled after one playsession, have npcs thad npcs that did not aggro.

Well you could uninstall Perpetuum too. But remember there are red (aggressive) NPC still in the game. They are on Beta and Gamma.

Annihilator wrote:
Crepitus wrote:

hmm, the 50 npcs in visual range around your proxy probe are always orange, no matter how long i stay there, they don't change color. perhaps your monitor already suffered damage from standing there .

Perhaps if you grew a pair and went on a beta you would see them.  Near uria on hoop, near heydle on dom, and in the middle of nowhere on hokk east coast. The east coastline of bale, north of unaro tp on kent and north of dana on nova. Go have a looksee. Thats only one of 2 or 3 red spawns on betas.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d