Topic: The Removal of Forum Alts!

Hello Fellow Nians!

I would like to discuss with you a topic that is very near and dear to my heart.  Responsibility.  I, Ville, find mostly what I say could be offensive to certain ethnicity, racial groups, morale beliefs and various thinking levels.  I, unlike some, take responsibility for my actions and I am trying to change my offensiveness and become a better human being!  I feel players should like wise be held to a higher morale standard than the gutter!  I think we could end some of the vile trash on the forums used to provoke, antagonize and belittle other players.  I have attached two links:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fin … onsibility

http://www.acceptresponsibility.org/

I think imho the character on the account that has the most EP spent on him should be the ONLY character that the forums let you post on.  This would remove most of the "feeding of the trolls" and would remove posts that would strike out the poke the bear topics.  I feel like, I have faced the wrath of my consequences in the past.  Namely the 3 month forum ban on 8 accounts.  I feel like I have since then accepted responsibility and have not pushed the limits any more than the average users while remaining respectful to all players involved for fear of losing my forum privileges. I ask with the deepest sincerity when I say "Really consider this feature."  Thank you for your time and be safe out there. o/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: The Removal of Forum Alts!

Seriously Ville? Makes no sense, but I'll bite.

Stop giving others the power to provoke you.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

...I think imho the character on the account that has the most EP spent on him should be the ONLY character that the forums let you post on....

+2

Keep it simple, stupid.

Galaxy Drones wrote:
Ville wrote:

...I think imho the character on the account that has the most EP spent on him should be the ONLY character that the forums let you post on....

+2

Lol you know that's not possible and he knows it.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

Hello Fellow Nians!

I would like to discuss with you a topic that is very near and dear to my heart.  Responsibility.  I, Ville, find mostly what I say could be offensive to certain ethnicity, racial groups, morale beliefs and various thinking levels.  I, unlike some, take responsibility for my actions and I am trying to change my offensiveness and become a better human being!  I feel players should like wise be held to a higher morale standard than the gutter!  I think we could end some of the vile trash on the forums used to provoke, antagonize and belittle other players.  I have attached two links:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fin … onsibility

http://www.acceptresponsibility.org/

I think imho the character on the account that has the most EP spent on him should be the ONLY character that the forums let you post on.  This would remove most of the "feeding of the trolls" and would remove posts that would strike out the poke the bear topics.  I feel like, I have faced the wrath of my consequences in the past.  Namely the 3 month forum ban on 8 accounts.  I feel like I have since then accepted responsibility and have not pushed the limits any more than the average users while remaining respectful to all players involved for fear of losing my forum privileges. I ask with the deepest sincerity when I say "Really consider this feature."  Thank you for your time and be safe out there. o/

Another obvious troll post by someone who clearly is as attention seeking as they are empty headed.

How about making bans cumulative so that someone with as many bans as this *** never posts again?

Moderated. - DEV Zoom

Hail player Celebro.  Good to see you alive and well.  I'd like to thanks you for bumping my topic.  Furthermore providing valuable feedback!  I am currently unaware if this could even happen.  This is why I am suggesting it!  I value all comments please provide more.  Thanks!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

7 (edited by Solishian 2014-07-02 06:55:21)

Celebro wrote:
Galaxy Drones wrote:
Ville wrote:

+2

Lol you know that's not possible and he knows it.

Since there is the "Balance:" in the "Switch Agent" area... why should it be impossible to get the "Extension points spend:" there too, and to link the charakter with the most EP spend to the forum?

This "idea" is of course not really helping with any second, third and so on accounts, but why not?

But what is really funny about this and suggestions about some other "problems", that have their root in the whole multi-boxing area, no one seems to be to keen to admit that, or even try to change something about it...

Solishian wrote:

But what is really funny about this and suggestions about some other "problems", that have their root in the whole multi-boxing area, no one seems to be to keen to admit that, or even try to change something about it...

official stance was, that it would be to much and impossible work for the small DEV team to supress multi-accounting/boxing.
The only thing they punish if reported, is account sharing (which means one account obviously used by multiple persons within a short time.)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear