Topic: Get rid of roaming caravan spawns

Its clearly apparent they are far to much hassle now that you will likely only get 1-3 loot boxes from the whole thing. Due to AOE explosion......

Wait why don't we just stop AOE explosion from happening on NPC all together.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Re: Get rid of roaming caravan spawns

Khader Khan wrote:

Its clearly apparent they are far to much hassle now that you will likely only get 1-3 loot boxes from the whole thing. Due to AOE explosion......

Or just remove it totally? They have already neutered one of the few unique things this game has from eve.

Tund Bungler wrote:
Khader Khan wrote:

Or just remove it totally? They have already neutered one of the few unique things this game has from eve.

Agree.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I would believe you if I wouldn't have tried it myself. Yeah, you have to pay a bit more attention when selecting your targets. Game-breaking stuff really.

Can you print us a guide how you would play ?  I thought this was a sandbox..  All we got was a wooden frame with duck poo.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

A sandbox is actually about adapting to circumstances.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I would believe you if I wouldn't have tried it myself. Yeah, you have to pay a bit more attention when selecting your targets. Game-breaking stuff really.

Did you do that with your Dev bot or with a player bot solo while getting murdered by the heavys?

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Does no loot drop, if it gets killed by AOE NPC as the final blow or any damage at all?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Does no loot drop, if it gets killed by AOE NPC as the final blow or any damage at all?

that was their fix to beacons.  You know, the ones you can only drop 3 at a time for.

10 (edited by Celebro 2014-06-19 18:09:49)

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

that was their fix to beacons.  You know, the ones you can only drop 3 at a time for.

That was not my question. Does the player need to inflict the final blow to get loot or not, regardless of any AOE damage.?

RIP PERPETUUM

yes player needs to inflict the final blow.

Yes, only the final blow matters.

So if you have a group of caravan sequers, and one blows up on the scarabs in the group you get no loot for the scarabs.  Or if multiple mobs are low because your group farming and you don't call primarys with *** npcs, you will lose part of the spawn.

If you blow up a Heavy Mech Superior observer near a mech observer the mech observer drops no loot.  GG WP Dev Team +1

I'm sure you'll manage with some skills.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I'm sure you'll manage with some skills.

So please once again, tell me how you want me to play this game?  Like Khader said, did you do that in your Dev Bot or did you fit up a regular bot and try it?  Because skill has nothing to do with having to *** kite mobs 500 M away from each other and kill them.  That creates only ONE play style again.

Ok, stupid question: did you think about shooting the small ones first?

Dev Zoom I think you got it wrong this time, why have NPC AOE on beta? The only reason it was introduced on beta is to have an advantage over alpha this work around just makes it worse than no AOE at all, everyone will just farm on alpha.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

So if you have a group of caravan sequers, and one blows up on the scarabs in the group you get no loot for the scarabs.  Or if multiple mobs are low because your group farming and you don't call primarys with *** npcs, you will lose part of the spawn.

does that mean you need syndic now in PvE because he is the only one on the server who is good that calling primaries?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

We don't spend all day circle jerking PVE stuff.  We All have Jobs and a real life.  It literally costs Billions of nic to put your balls on the line to hold Beta.  We ALL have limited play times.  So naturally we find the most cost effective route.  This change again neuters part of the time we have to spend less of grind NPCs for Nic.

If you want to change beacons it was VERY simple.  Want to know what it was??

You can Only do 1 beacon at a time.  Instead of letting us do 3 beacons at a time.  That's ALL you had to do.  That's IT!!!  But you guys always try to balance something that drastically effects something else unintentionally!  Like Sparks, or Locking beta stations, or cheap beacons or follow mechanics. 

I am a champion for new player development, that's why I didn't scrap PHM and turned it into a recruitment corp.  But what do you want me tell new guys who want LINEAR progression upwards? 

"Oh welcome to Beta!  Oh your a combat guy?  Well your choices will be.... can you mine Epi?"

Dev Zoom:  I'm sure you'll manage with some skills.

Yeah so I can tell new players, hey look I know you think going to Beta is going to make you more nic per hour just like every other MMO out there, because you have to RISK your bot but truth is if mobs die to explosion damage you lose a can.  The one can that is the % based might have dropped a tiered item, or a beacon.  Which the beacon you can't really do on Beta.  Because if you don't shoot the EXACT bot the developer wants you to shoot you will lose most of the spawn to explosion damage and it drops nothing.  Effectively wasting your time.

That what you want?  To waste our time?

Your little fixes to production with fragmenting ores + adding more commodities + prototyping bots shot the NIC cost of robots up.  How many people you see dropping heavys to pvp in?  5% to 8% of the engagements?  A year ago it was like 80% of the time?  I should be seeing end game fights, but who wants to waste big bots on fights?

Welcome to Perpetuum, where you high end content is on Alpha in 100% safety.

Really great job the Teams done.  Prolly Alfs Idea.  Worst.  Dev.  Ever.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Try tanking 4 5th Star Mesmers (who have ECM and Suppressors) with 1 Mesmer.  HELL.  A Mesmer Mk2.  Try it, see what happens.

If playing the game without easy mode is wasting your time, then I don't have anything to say really.

DEV Zoom wrote:

If playing the game without easy mode is wasting your time, then I don't have anything to say really.

Yet you keep overly abused power projection mechanics in place because some crys about walking.

I have Over 2 years invested in this game.  Why should I as a player not be making more Nic per hour efficiently than someone with 6 months?

Why should I invest in ways to more effectively do the "grind" so I can spend more time doing what I WANT TO DO in this game? 

I don't care about nerfing the ability to do 3 beacons at a time.  I don't care.  What I care about is what I ACTUALLY DO ON BETA!  Which is hunt superior observers and golden caravans.  That's What I DO EVERYDAY!!!  That's my nic source you cut in half, because you TRIED to balance something else. 

You got it horribly wrong this time.

Ville wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Try tanking 4 5th Star Mesmers (who have ECM and Suppressors) with 1 Mesmer.  HELL.  A Mesmer Mk2.  Try it, see what happens.

what would you do in pvp? fit ECCM and field a vagabond, wouldn't you?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear