Topic: Repeated crashes upon logging in, Cannot Deploy!!!

hello,

My client crashed after becoming non-responsive, when I was killing some NPCs on Deoden. After I restarted the client and logged in, I chose the character "Fargon Kusanagi" to log in.

The client shows the "deploying to terrain" message, gets to about 80%, and then crashes, and automatically sends a crash report to the server.

I have tried to log in at least 10 times now, and it is the same story, I get a "perpetuum crash recovery" window, followed by the Crash report being sent to the server.

The next time it sends the crash report, I will add the URL to this bug report.

Please fix this so I can play, else I will just have to stop, I guess.

Re: Repeated crashes upon logging in, Cannot Deploy!!!

Sure enough, the one time I try after I post the bug report, I could log in. I hope the crash logs from just before I reported the bug here help you figure out what would cause the client to crash 10+ times in a row trying to login.

Thanks.

3 (edited by Fargon Kusanagi 2010-12-08 23:50:03)

Sorry crashed again after 2 mins - just trying to provide as much info as possible.

Edit - and again - this time I added the URL http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/5825 to the error report as an additional comment.

Let me know if I can help figure out why it's crashing, and when  I can log in and play for more than 2 minutes.

4 (edited by Morgul 2010-12-08 23:54:10)

Same problem. iv got first crash when the big lag appeard on serwer. Now i cant enter the game. I see the  "deploying to terrain" message and after that black screen.. 1min ov black screen and crash again. (file send to the server)

Before 1st crash iv been in daoden, killing rookie mantis.

Please try deleting the Perpetuum.gbf file and redownloading it.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Everything is ok now, thx for help.

Btw. my av (NIS 2011) deleted r.exe but the game runs ok, what was that r.exe?

Morgul wrote:

Btw. my av (NIS 2011) deleted r.exe but the game runs ok, what was that r.exe?

See here

ok i restored it, thx again

DEV Gargaj wrote:

Please try deleting the Perpetuum.gbf file and redownloading it.

I did, and things seem to be back to normal. Took me a looooong time to download the client again. All my keybinds are gone, windows were reset (of course).

I hope I don't have to do this again, and that you found the root cause.

Thanks!