Topic: Turrets, Drones and Guards

I don't know, just something else from EvE.

Perhaps we could be able to place turrets around player owned Outposts on Beta or other areas. 

A new module type that includes specific drones based on the module that will assist in harvesting / mining / support / combat or whatever.

Guards being the same type of this as drones I suppose, but only combat oriented.

Would surely need a bit more extensions and likely a new type of robot class, not to mention a specific robot for logistics already ...

I can only imagine the harassment i will receive over this.  Go on!

Re: Turrets, Drones and Guards

The MECHanic wrote:

Perhaps we could be able to place turrets around player owned Outposts on Beta or other areas. 

See my post on my idea for new Beta 3 islands: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ted-61314/

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

as nice as it sounds... the game currently cannot handle that.

and have you seen what a gamma base was before they temp. disabled it? lots of turrets, each with an individual dumb AI, that cannot even be programmed to shot other AI units without crashing the server wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Anni I can't think of any nice way to say I wish you'd be less cynical at least about anything.

Sparking to other games

Anni I can't think of any nice way to say I wished you would stop posting.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Anni I can't think of a nice way of saying I wish you would uninstall perp and delete this forum from your browser favorites.

Ville wrote:

Anni I can't think of any nice way to say I wished you would stop posting.

what was that phrase? pot calling kettle black?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'm pretty sure it'd be a bannable offense if I said what I wished anni would do. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I'm pretty sure it'd be a bannable offense if I said what I wished anni would do. smile

I totally typed it first, then thought of Zortarg.  Then I rewrote it to what I posed, lol.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The MECHanic wrote:

A new module type that includes specific drones based on the module that will assist in harvesting / mining / support / combat or whatever.

Guards being the same type of this as drones I suppose, but only combat oriented.

Would surely need a bit more extensions and likely a new type of robot class, not to mention a specific robot for logistics already ...

I love the idea about drones, it would be great to have other ways to increase output for mining, harvesting and the support bot ideas! 

How do you see the drones for combat operating?

-Ensi